Melbourne Football

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Tesla

I really wonder how Petrillo still has a job? Seems to be invited to Europe yet again to be involved in the recruitment processes. It’s been mostly fail after fail since he arrived at the club. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

I really wonder how Petrillo still has a job? Seems to be invited to Europe yet again to be involved in the recruitment processes. It’s been mostly fail after fail since he arrived at the club. 

That's a strange way to spell Hindmarsh?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Spot on.

1 minute ago, fiji19 said:

Does anyone know if other members of the football department have left? 

Physio's, Sport Scientists, Strength Coaches, Analysts? 

They should all go, best tools in the country and still can’t get it right.

7 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Kurz has gone home to Germany.

According to the twitter media he has been spotted on the Melbourne airport today and was seen getting a tour at the Victory facilities 

Edited by Mr MO

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I’d be trying to offload Rado and bring back JVS as academy/tech director 

Not a bad idea by any means. We have a number of positions to fill - manager (head coach), assistant coach, goalkeeper coach. IMO it all depends on who takes the manager's job.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Not a bad idea by any means. We have a number of positions to fill - manager (head coach), assistant coach, goalkeeper coach. IMO it all depends on who takes the manager's job.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I’d be trying to offload Rado and bring back JVS as academy/tech director 

No, it is a very bad idea.

We need a good manager with new support staff.

JVS is not capable of being involved in a season winning team.

Let's not recycle the stench of the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

Mombaerts would make sense. 

He managed Yokohama for three years, which is co-owned by CFG. 

Coached France U18 from 2007-2008 and then the U21s from 2008 till 2012. Would have only missed out on coaching ol' mate Novillo by a year or two.

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Mombaerts would make sense. 

He managed Yokohama for three years, which is co-owned by CFG. 

Worth a read. Marwood gets a mention. Could be a good rumour this one. https://www.f-marinos.com/en/news/detail/2014-12-16/01.php

"Akira Kaetsu, the president of YOKOHAMA said, "The style of football that Erick Mombaerts aims to cultivate is in line with the style that YOKOHAMA F・MARINOS has built thus far. I am confident that he is a knowledgeable coach who has methodologies to improve the quality of attacking, something the team struggled with last season, while also maintaining our excellent defense. We know that the experience Mombaerts possesses is vital to the development of the team, where he can cultivate a well-balanced, attacking team, utilizing both veterans and young players. I believe he is the best coach to take YOKOHAMA F・MARINOS to the next level."

Brian Marwood, Managing Director of City Football Services said, "We were very pleased to support Marinos in appointing Erick. We believe he will be an excellent choice. He likes his teams to play attractive football and we are really looking forward to working with him."

Edited by jw1739

43 minutes ago, Dylan said:

If it is this French bloke you would hope he would have a positive effect on Florin and makes him do a Ninkovic

Florin and Ninkovic are at completely different levels. Florin is French division 2 player that got lucky and signed with us, Ninkovic played at top level at Dynamo Kiev and Red Star and has played many times for national team. 

Florin for a Visa player is below par, bloke can't score, and for too many games was no existent.

Yes he may improve in a second season and I hope he does but to Ninkovic level, no chance. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

Hope we can get someone near his level this season.

Hope so too, but that’s going to be difficult if we maintain the same salary cap management as previous season (spread the cap over 20 players instead of focussing on your best 11). Players like Noone can very well be a new revelation for the league.

Well I reckon his CV is miles better than what Wazza had before coming over hear

• 1982 – 1986 FFF [Regional Technical Advisor]
  • 1986 – 1987 PSG [Youth Academy Director / 2nd Team Assistant Coach]
  • 1987 – 1989 PSG [Youth Academy Director / 2nd Team Assistant Coach / Head Coach]
  • 1989 – 1990 EA Guingamp [Head Coach]
  • 1990 – 1994 AS Cannes [Assistant Coach]
  • 1994 – 1999 FFF REC of Castelmaurou [Academy Manager]
  • 1999 – 2001 Toulouse FC [Academy Head Coach/ 2nd Team Head Coach]
  • 2001 – 2006 Toulouse FC [Head Coach]
  • 2007 – 2008 FFF U18 [Head Coach]
  • 2008 – 2012 FFF U21 [Head Coach]
  • 2012 – 2014 Le Havre AC [Head Coach]
  • 2015  - 2018 YoYoYo Yokahama
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Well I reckon his CV is miles better than what Wazza had before coming over hear

• 1982 – 1986 FFF [Regional Technical Advisor]
  • 1986 – 1987 PSG [Youth Academy Director / 2nd Team Assistant Coach]
  • 1987 – 1989 PSG [Youth Academy Director / 2nd Team Assistant Coach / Head Coach]
  • 1989 – 1990 EA Guingamp [Head Coach]
  • 1990 – 1994 AS Cannes [Assistant Coach]
  • 1994 – 1999 FFF REC of Castelmaurou [Academy Manager]
  • 1999 – 2001 Toulouse FC [Academy Head Coach/ 2nd Team Head Coach]
  • 2001 – 2006 Toulouse FC [Head Coach]
  • 2007 – 2008 FFF U18 [Head Coach]
  • 2008 – 2012 FFF U21 [Head Coach]
  • 2012 – 2014 Le Havre AC [Head Coach]
  • 2015  - 2018 YoYoYo Yokahama

Won Ligue 2 with Toulouse and is considered a club legend there too fwiw.

Resume's aren't everything, but agree, it looks a significant sight better than Joyce's did.

• Thanks 1