Melbourne Football

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Tesla

19 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

We need an experienced quality goalkeeper coach, not just a name who was a keeper as much as I love Tommy. John Crawley is head and shoulders above every other keeper coach in the land and his claim to fame is 5 games with the Mariners. There was a time where we constantly produced top quality keepers, now we only really have Ryan and Vukovic playing at a decent level, both developed by Crawley.

If we can't get an Australian coach who's good enough, we need to look abroad not just settle for mediocrity.

Good call.

I think we're seeing the effects of a change in CEO. The club can't go on bleeding on every single metric, and dysfunctional situations such as players at loggerheads with coaches have to be resolved one way or the other.

On 18/05/2019 at 7:26 PM, HughJass said:

With Kalac was told yesterday that if Joyce stayed he was leaving,  so something happened in the past week

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the knife wielding bandit Kisnorbo had something to do with this too. In saying that Kalac is a flog of a person.

8 minutes ago, Mork said:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the knife wielding bandit Kisnorbo had something to do with this too. In saying that Kalac is a flog of a person.

Yeah, I never understand why people rate him. He is trouble every where he played and coached, that says enough. Just get a decent hard working coach and not one he is riding on his name.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Anyone hearing that Rudan will be announced as the WU head coach? Hearing they they will announce it on Thursday! Friggen Thursday 10am!

I've heard he's not happy with Johnny A being his assistant wants his own as they were going to get a European coach so have aussie assistant obviously that fell through 

10 minutes ago, HughJass said:

I've heard he's not happy with Johnny A being his assistant wants his own as they were going to get a European coach so have aussie assistant obviously that fell through 

Not happy but still will be announced or not not announced yet due to this reason? Surely, if he was head coach wouldn't they have announced him by now?

6 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Not happy but still will be announced or not not announced yet due to this reason? Surely, if he was head coach wouldn't they have announced him by now?

WU are probably still negotiating with Rudan's missus. She wasn't happy with Wellington - imagine how she feels about Tarneit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Anyone hearing that Rudan will be announced as the WU head coach? Hearing they they will announce it on Thursday! Friggen Thursday 10am!

Also, I hear he is taking Krishna with him on marquee wages.

Rudan was a done deal late last year/early this year. Suffice to say he would have known who WU were getting as coaches. Let’s hope City gets a good head coach at this point.

15 minutes ago, Mork said:

Rudan was a done deal late last year/early this year. Suffice to say he would have known who WU were getting as coaches. Let’s hope City gets a good head coach at this point.

Hope so. Last real chance to get the fans back and get some silverware.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Joyce was announced on the 18th of June. So looks like we have a few weeks to wait IMO

Also don't forget that Joyce's fate wasn't sealed until we went out of the finals series - his departure announced 7th May - just 16 days ago. If we announced a new manager in that time period there would be howls of protest that we hadn't conducted a proper search at all.

Can't have it both ways.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Also don't forget that Joyce's fate wasn't sealed until we went out of the finals series - his departure announced 7th May - just 16 days ago. If we announced a new manager in that time period there would be howls of protest that we hadn't conducted a proper search at all.

Can't have it both ways.

Well I remember the Davutovic article on the Joyce sacking talking about that Spanish front runner which suggests they were already looking before the announcement. How far into the search? Who knows. But no doubt they will announce before preseason

6 hours ago, Dylan said:

Well I remember the Davutovic article on the Joyce sacking talking about that Spanish front runner which suggests they were already looking before the announcement. How far into the search? Who knows. But no doubt they will announce before preseason

That spanish front runner better be Amor

https://dailyfootballshow.com/end-of-muscat-era-harbours-a-new-beginning-in-melbournes-a-league-scene/

This article from lynch paints an optimistic outlook in as much as that all three Melbourne teams are at a beginning of sorts. Lets hope that CFG understand that to fail a third time in their title aspirations, or at least not finish above our Melbourne rivals will be catastrophic for us. I am hopeful that the coach, assistants and new players light up the club, the league and torch Victory and WUFC to begin our age of dominance. A lot to be hopeful for I know, but i am needing some positive vibes around this place.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, citymad said:

https://dailyfootballshow.com/end-of-muscat-era-harbours-a-new-beginning-in-melbournes-a-league-scene/

This article from lynch paints an optimistic outlook in as much as that all three Melbourne teams are at a beginning of sorts. Lets hope that CFG understand that to fail a third time in their title aspirations, or at least not finish above our Melbourne rivals will be catastrophic for us. I am hopeful that the coach, assistants and new players light up the club, the league and torch Victory and WUFC to begin our age of dominance. A lot to be hopeful for I know, but i am needing some positive vibes around this place.  

I think we are all just waiting for CFG to join the party.