Melbourne Football

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Tesla

TBH I think it's a bit unfair to compare the stats for a start-up club that had no youth team with an established club that's part of City Football Group. This is, what our 10th season as part of CFG? Put that into perspective and we ought to be ashamed of two pathetic performances in the Asian Champions League and the insipid football we are playing this season. The club that Ante Milicic called "the benchmark for the A-League?"

IMO TalkingCity are right to call us out for "letting the fans down."

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TBH I think it's a bit unfair to compare the stats for a start-up club that had no youth team with an established club that's part of City Football Group. This is, what our 10th season as part of CFG? Put that into perspective and we ought to be ashamed of two pathetic performances in the Asian Champions League and the insipid football we are playing this season. The club that Ante Milicic called "the benchmark for the A-League?"

IMO TalkingCity are right to call us out for "letting the fans down."

That’s why I was curious to see how JVS stacked up against the others if you only look at City games played, and not take any heart games into account.

Edited by Mr MO

46 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

That’s why I was curious to see how JVS stacked up against the others if you only look at City games played, and not take any heart games into account.

Click on his name and you'll see there is not much difference.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, citypool said:

Melbourne City assistant Raffaele Napoli will again cover for head coach Aurelio Vidmar — who was hospitalised last week — against Central Coast tomorrow. [nca]

Crikey that’s seriously ill. Hope he’s on the mend at least.

This Napoli bloke, when did he actually join the club? I haven’t been following this sort of thing closely but he wasn’t there at the start of the season.

3 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Long termer at the club (might have been here at the very start, if I'm not mistaken ) - originally on the Sports Science side of things, now on the coaching side.

Not sure whether he was with Heart at the start, but as you say he has been at the club a long time and I don't think has held a senior job with another club at all. Indeed Head of Sports Science at one stage, but I didn't know he had coaching qualifications at all. Has not taken charge of the team before last match. Forgotten his name but one assistant left earlier when van Houten quit.

Goodness, we seem to be at rock bottom this season. I would have thought CFG would have at least an experienced assistant coach who could be parachuted in. Maybe they've given up on us too!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

He left the club with PK and was his assistant at Troyes. He returned to the franchise to replace Petr Kratky when he left

Ah, yes, the little grey cells have been activated. So he did leave, but I didn't know he'd actually returned.  Did he take charge of Troyes at any stage @belaguttman?

Every time you think the situation is bad it just gets worse...

Incidentally, Troyes are still just hanging on, one place above the bottom four of Ligue 2.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Ah, yes, the little grey cells have been activated. So he did leave, but I didn't know he'd actually returned.  Did he take charge of Troyes at any stage @belaguttman?

Every time you think the situation is bad it just gets worse...

Incidentally, Troyes are still just hanging on, one place above the bottom four of Ligue 2.

He was a coach at TroyesK. I recall that PK missed a game through illness, but I don't think Napoli took over as interim game, it was one of the other coaches. 

Troyes issue was more than just PK

14 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

He was a coach at TroyesK. I recall that PK missed a game through illness, but I don't think Napoli took over as interim game, it was one of the other coaches. 

Troyes issue was more than just PK

As ours is more than Rado and Aurelio.