Melbourne Football

R5 Brisbane Roar vs City Saturday 8th November 7:30pm

GreenSeater

I just hope this isn't Roar's comeback game...

Roar will be playing a team that can't defend and can't score, so they'd have to be pretty bad to not win this game.

exactly, we are their perfect opponent for this week. We are really set up to be smashed. We arnt playing well, nor gelling as a team. Roar will be licking their lips. 

I just hope this isn't Roar's comeback game...

Roar will be playing a team that can't defend and can't score, so they'd have to be pretty bad to not win this game.

exactly, we are their perfect opponent for this week. We are really set up to be smashed. We arnt playing well, nor gelling as a team. Roar will be licking their lips. 

And with no Villa to bail us out this week jeez, why even bother going up? 

The team should take this with them up there:

surrender_flag-e1289954642467.jpg

Probably need it 10 minutes in.

When I see these blokes play I just feel like they dont care about losing, they just simply dont look like they hate losing as much they should... or at least as much I hate seeing them bloody lose.

This is why as soon as we go a goal down we never even look like coming back. 

and what's worse is that it has been this way right from the beginning of the club. 

kind of hoping we lose just so we can get a new coach in tbh

When I see these blokes play I just feel like they dont care about losing, they just simply dont look like they hate losing as much they should... or at least as much I hate seeing them bloody lose.

I wish someone could get somebody like Bjorn Borg or John McEnroe down to the rooms prior at Suncorp prior to the match  to teach these guys how to truly hate losing so much that effects every single thing that you do like it did with Borg's crazy superstitions and McEnroe's entire psyche.

Well to me it looks like Duff hates losing - Villa wasn't that happy either. So if these two can't motivate the other players then...

I wish someone could get somebody like Bjorn Borg or John McEnroe down to the rooms prior at Suncorp prior to the match  to teach these guys how to truly hate losing so much that effects every single thing that you do like it did with Borg's crazy superstitions and McEnroe's entire psyche.

Well to me it looks like Duff hates losing - Villa wasn't that happy either. So if these two can't motivate the other players then...

You know it's funny because I generally get angry when I watch teams go a goal down, and theeeeen they start to play well. It pisses me off that it takes a goal for a team to start working. But then the team I go for doesn't even do that, they just continue to flop around when they fall behind.

Why? He missed a load of gilt edged chances in the Nyl from the sounds of it.

I'm all for youth, but getting a game just cause you're young isn't the way to make you a better footballer or instil a good team culture

Edited by bt50

Why? He missed a load of gilt edged chances in the Nyl from the sounds of it.

I'm all for youth, but getting a game just cause you're young isn't the way to make you a better footballer or instil a good team culture

No it's coz he's a fucking striker and we currently don't have ANY!!

This. And the fact that he is making chances, compared to say, Mate Itsagoalkick

• Like 1

I agree with most comments we will lose this game, confidence is were it's always been rock bottom, and we seem to play other teams into form...

This run of poor results and indifferent performances will continue until massive changes are made, and they won't happen until the off season...

The problem Bela is that you would have to put a right footed player i.e. Hoffman or Archibald at LB

I do think the best way is to get the team balanced and have a bit of pace

Like I have said Ramsey and Duga not the best...but they have pace and that unsettles any defence

It's just that both have been played in the wrong positions and JVS has to take the blame for that

I think we should look at 4 2 3 1

Doesn't matter.

Hoffman. Weilart. Kisnorbo. Garuccio.

Paartalu Kalmar

Dugandzic. Mooy. Duff

Williams

But then again..........

I think it's obvious to everyone that 4-3-3 isn't working

All teams need balance, moreso for teams who are struggling. This is why I would go for two wide men who can help their fullbacks out and in turn be supported by them.

I think Mooy can run all day so he can easily play in a 2 man midfield. This is hat concerns me about Paartalu. I just don't think he is fit enough to play in a 2 man midfield. That is why I would give Mauk a chance.

I really think Duff would be wasted wide, that is why I would bring him inside to support Williams and give a bit of creatitvity to the team.

So if you play Garuccio as LB to help the balance of the team you have to consider who is availabe to play wide

The only two are Dugandzic and Ramsey unless there is someone in the youth team I don't know about.

As I have said pace always frightens defenders.

Edited by silva10

I was also wondering if Melling could play at right back?

I do believe that JVS has to get some young legs and energy into tthe team

The trouble is he wil be wary of losing. However, this is when he needs to take bold decisions

In the past when under pressure he has always preferred experience over youth. And that's why I have always questioned his so-called commitment to the development of young players.

Pure example was Archibald. He played reasonably well against Shitney and then dropped as soon as Hoffman was available. To me his only failing was match fitness at a higher level. He was ok for 60 to 70 mins. This alone would have been a good indication of playing kids in future. Play them sparingly when required but when like for like choices be conservative and go with the senior player.

Archibald is NYL team captain and should be looked at a serious first squad player. IMO.