Melbourne Football

Our Squad

neio

Dylan Murnane young socceroos lb struggling to get a game for the tards, but would play for us if we offer him regular game time

Watched most of his games and haven't been that impressed and all the Visitors' fans I know don't rate him. In regards to the young socceroos the mighty Hoff played quite a few games there. Reece Caira would be a better choice in my humble opinion. Edited by JoyfulPenguin

Seriously

We have a visa spot available

Man City with its supposed global reach, should be able to find a decent left back playing in the Bulgarian second division, who is head or shoulders above most A league full backs hacks

I know that Berisha is a nutcase, but whoever found him in the German second division ( and he wasn't even starting) is a genius

there has to be a player in Europe available to plug some of the gaps in our squad

And Fahid Ben Khalfallah ripping it up for the Visitors on the left side tonight against Perth in FFA Cup. While we recruit players like James Brown :facepalm:

Migliorini was a horrendous footballer. A traffic cone would make a better man marker than him. Oh but he hit two good strikes in one game sign him up then!

I think our signings on paper have been good this season. Only Brown was an odd one to me but sometimes signings like him come off. He's shown he is capable of plenty in the past. Other than that Melling seems a prospect, Paartalu you can see is regaining proper fitness but has been a key component in a title winning team playing similar style to us, Duff is probably one of the best signings ever made in the a-league under the cap and Mooy has been by far our best so far and koren hopefully once fit will add another dimension up front.

It's still the same shit deadwood at the back costing us games. Only Paddy K is worth a starting spot at another a-league club week in, week out in that back four + keeper. Hoffman and Wielaert are ok as squad players but we really need more from a visa player. We need at least 3 new defensive additions between now and start of next season with hopefully Ramsay, Wielaert, Redmayne shown the door. Surely we are hunting for an international lb with the empty visa spot we have. Your forwards end up becoming less effective if you are chasing the game continually.

• Like 2

Our squad?

Last year our squad quality was probably somewhere between 6th to 8th in the league.

The changes we've made if anything have probably made it worse.  We ignored the really big problems (left back, goal keeper) and instead brought in players in positions where we were league average already (DM, LW).  We tried to improve central defence, granted, but our recruit getting ill was poor luck, but the rest was just bad management.  

All this was pretty obvious in pre-season, which is why i ignored the crazy talk of a strong season.  Mind you I was hoping I was wrong!

Surely in January we should make a play for Alex Cisak from Burnley. Good keeper, cant get game time however been sent out on a one month loan deal to York City.

There isnt a real abundance of aussie left backs out there as well, only one I can think of is James Meredith and even then Im pretty sure he said he doesnt want to come to Australia