Melbourne Football

MVFC v MCFC - The Derby! R3

Baka1

The fact that Victory wont sit back like Newcastle did will allow us to play our game a bit more fluently and give us a chance to score on the break without a big fat bus in the way. It should be end to end... worried about victorys zip (thompson, berisha, barbarouses) against our comparatively slow defensive players (Hoff, Wielaart, Kisnorbo, Paartalu).

We will seem a different team with Villa and Duff actually having space to run at defenders

Great point here. Victory will leave some gaps due to their intent to attack. It doesn't have to be a massive amount for Villa and Duff to work their magic.

Geria will be their right back so expect Villa to start on the left again as he'll just want the ball at his feet and try to target him.

This game is setting up to be a real cracker... I think we will again dominate possession and Victory will set up for the counter attack. I personally think Kisnorbo has Barisha covered, if Wielart can play his part then centrally we will be solid. Which leaves Ramsay vs Barborusous and Hoffman vs Thompson/Pain. In terms of pace it will be hard for the Victory to get in behind us....

Going forward we are solid... Villa, Wilo and Duff will have big games no doubt about that.. Mooy is 10 times a better player that Milligan. Paartulu vs Finkler who I believe is over rated and let's not forget, under Ange Finkler wasn't in his starting 11.

If we convert our chances will win, but I can see Villa and Duff having a massive massive game... These types of players will get a massive buzz playing in front of 45,000 ...

$32.50 for general admin to the derby?

is this right?

yes.. $32.50 ++ ticket handling and all that shit Melb Vic wants you to pay.. hope they split it 50 - 50 with MCFC!

Most expensive tickets in the A-league are in Melbourne.

How can a rugby club offer $15 tickets at AAMI?  Our cheapest were nearly double.

Its a joke.

I hope the stadium fees are very expensive, so victory don't make too much money from this game at all.

I had a heart attack when i went online to buy my tickets. At this price, a season membership for GA is about $350+

Football at the docklands is pathetic to watch.  It has to be the worst ground for football matches. Sitting in the top tier - the players look like ants.

The atmosphere of AAMI is far better than the Docklands.

Victory are probably just playing at the docklands to try to milk as much money from their supporters as possible.

As if paying a minimum $500 a share in the club isn't enough! - But that's for another day.

is this right?

yes.. $32.50 ++ ticket handling and all that shit Melb Vic wants you to pay.. hope they split it 50 - 50 with MCFC!

How can a rugby club offer $15 tickets at AAMI?  Our cheapest were nearly double.

Its a joke.

I hope the stadium fees are very expensive, so victory don't make too much money from this game at all.

I had a heart attack when i went online to buy my tickets. At this price, a season membership for GA is about $350+

Football at the docklands is pathetic to watch.  It has to be the worst ground for football matches. Sitting in the top tier - the players look like ants.

The atmosphere of AAMI is far better than the Docklands.

Victory are probably just playing at the docklands to try to milk as much money from their supporters as possible.

As if paying a minimum $500 a share in the club isn't enough! - But that's for another day.

Also would think it would be good for the FFA bumping up the crowd numbers average.

• Like 1

is this right?

Its a joke.

Free to air TV rights, pay so much more and can subsidise the clubs

Alas, on Foxtel or SBS on Friday for A League

is this right?

Its a joke.

Free to air TV rights, pay so much more and can subsidise the clubs

Alas, on Foxtel or SBS on Friday for A League

Supply and demand - Derby's have sold out every time or come close to selling out. 

The Derby tickets have a premium on them cause the can.  If no one went , the prices would be cheaper. 

We make our Derby tickets at aami also more expensive.

• Like 1

All of you blokes saying we're going to get smashed, did you watch the tards on Friday against Adelaide? They were rubbish. Scraped a draw because Adelaide shit themselves when they finally figured out how to put one in the back of the net.

If we can deny them the ball for long periods, I reckon we should be okay. Even with Ramshit, Hoffman and Murdocca. 

• Like 2

All of you blokes saying we're going to get smashed, did you watch the tards on Friday against Adelaide? They were rubbish. Scraped a draw because Adelaide shit themselves when they finally figured out how to put one in the back of the net.

If we can deny them the ball for long periods, I reckon we should be okay. Even with Ramshit, Hoffman and Murdocca. 

Couldn't agree with you more.

I watched the game and it was one of the more boring games I have seen in a while. Adelaide were the better side the whole game but you knew once they went up they would probably blow the lead and shit themselves.

I am not being bias here because it's my honest opinion but we have been comfortably better than Victory this season. We play a more attractive brand of football to watch and we have more class than them. We should have and could have easily had two wins on the board already but it is what it is and I am extremely confident about beat Victory on Saturday.

I think there is only one side that has been better than us this year and that is Perth. They were my tip for the premiership from the preseason but if we keep on playing the way we are now we will be a top 3 side with out a doubt.

2-1 win for City on Saturday.

Edited by ragga92

I agree with the sentiments above, we haven't been as bad as some make out and the opposite is true for the Tards. Regardless, derbies have little to do with form anyway so I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions based on that.

I personally think it'll be a hard fought contest, 2-2.

Edited by King Malta

I agree with the sentiments above, we haven't been as bad as some make out and the opposite is true for the Tards. Regardless, derbies have little to do with form anyway so I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions based on that.

I personally think it'll be a hard fought contest, 2-2.

Disagree with form being irrelevant. When we were flying last year, we smashed them. When we were shit, they smashed us. Has been this way since the 3-2 xmas derby in season 2, when we comfortably outplayed them during our best bit of form in our history.

Yep, agree also.

Further more, i don't think they were that awesome against WSW the week before either, despite the big scoreline. That WSW team that night was half baked - their defence was absolutely woeful. Anyone on this forum would have scored against them that night....

But winning form does bring confidence and I am tipping they will be buzzing - so i hope we can silence them early.

We will wear the white, we have never worn our away kit against victory.but they always do in their away games against us.

We wore our away jersey against them in our first season.

Actually you are right, I remember Zahra wearing it when he got decapitated now I think of it

The tards' attack scares the shit out of me compared to our defence, as much as I hate to say it the likes of Berisha, Barbarouses, Thompson, Ben Khalfallah, Pain and Finkler are all better players than everyone of our defenders bar Paddy K, but he can't do everything. 

If Milligan is playing too, I personally think we're in deep shit unless Villa, Duff and Mooy can do something spectacular.

The tards' attack scares the shit out of me compared to our defence, as much as I hate to say it the likes of Berisha, Barbarouses, Thompson, Ben Khalfallah, Pain and Finkler are all better players than everyone of our defenders bar Paddy K, but he can't do everything.

If Milligan is playing too, I personally think we're in deep shit unless Villa, Duff and Mooy can do something spectacular.

Pain is the biggest shit cunt. I swear he only gets paid cos, like that other midget the other year that got set on fire by the st kilda players, hes there for entertainment purposes only.
  • Like 2

Pain is the biggest shit cunt. I swear he only gets paid cos, like that other midget the other year that got set on fire by the st kilda players, hes there for entertainment purposes only.

He's got a face that looks like it's been bludgeoned with a steel bat yes, but he's also fast as fuck and has actually learned how to dribble and pass over the off-season and he'll tear Hoffman a new one if he features.

He's got a face that looks like it's been bludgeoned with a steel bat yes, but he's also fast as fuck and has actually learned how to dribble and pass over the off-season and he'll tear Hoffman a new one if he features.

Are we talking about the same pain? He was horrendous against WSW

Ben Khalfallah is quality though

Pain is the biggest shit cunt. I swear he only gets paid cos, like that other midget the other year that got set on fire by the st kilda players, hes there for entertainment purposes only. He's got a face that looks like it's been bludgeoned with a steel bat yes, but he's also fast as fuck and has actually learned how to dribble and pass over the off-season and he'll tear Hoffman a new one if he features.

Are we talking about the same pain? He was horrendous against WSW

Was good in pre-season and in the FFA Cup against the might of Tuggeranong, maybe that's why I'm overrating him  :lol:

Pain is the biggest shit cunt. I swear he only gets paid cos, like that other midget the other year that got set on fire by the st kilda players, hes there for entertainment purposes only. He's got a face that looks like it's been bludgeoned with a steel bat yes, but he's also fast as fuck and has actually learned how to dribble and pass over the off-season and he'll tear Hoffman a new one if he features.

I hate this guy. When ever i see his name i think of Wiz Khalifa. and i fucking hate Wiz Khalifa

• Like 3

This will be a fascinating game. Like others above the MV forward line does scare me - especially after watching our defence on the weekend. Ramsay will have to close people down, Hoff play a blinder, and Weilardt and Paddy K be organised to work well together (I actually think Weilardt is doing pretty well this year - has anyone else noticed he looks much fitter and his touch is so much better?). I think this will hopefully be a game where we see the real benefit of Paartalu breaking up attacks further up the park. He's only getting fitter with each run and hopefully is hitting his straps.

People also forget Muscat is not a great game day coach and last weekend being a case in point. Removing Leijer and putting Milligan at CB instead of Broxham who was on the pitch made my jaw drop. And as expected it cost them two points with Milligan being skinned on the counter. JVS is a better game day tactician in my mind and has pretty reliably out coached him before. I'm hoping emotion clouds Muscat's thinking and behaviour (does anyone else think he's an appalling ambassador for their club on game day - so easy to lip read and it ain't pretty), and JVS exploits this.

And if Koren doesn't get up, I'd like to see Mauk get a crack. Youthful enthusiasm and exuberance often bring surprising results in derbies.

Will be good to watch.

Edited by Defibrillator

agree that JVS is able to out coach muscat so I'm not too worried about this match, I think we'll be much better this week

It will depend on our ball movement, if we get into a good rhythm and move the ball around well like we were in the first half against Sydney then I think we'll punish them with (with the way villa converts his chances we could realistically be 2-3 up before before they know what's going on) it's just a matter of taking those early chances we create which we haven't been able to do the last 2 weeks, because they've basically been falling to the wrong player