Melbourne Football

MVFC v MCFC - The Derby! R3

Baka1

5-2 is fucking unacceptable.. Han your head in shame you fucken worthless shit..

I don't want to hear any fucken excuses from JVS, you muppet... You have just been out coach my K. Muscat... Congratulations...

Fuck off

What is disturbing is that

1. We bossed the first half.

2. We were one minute from going in at half time 2-1 up.

3. We have basically lost 4-0 and it could have been 6-10 nil because we basically didn't move it over half way in the second half.

Nice marking Hoffman.

Look we understand that Hoffman is not well liked but how is that his fault ? He was walking back and Thompson is his direct opponent. How is it NOT his fault. He is thirty metres up the field providing the option. We are still 3-1 at the back at the time. It's not his fault in the same way that you either have full backs move forward or you don't.

Blame him for the things he does wrong not the moving forward and the ball being turned over twenty metres behind him

Edited by Melbournehammer

Thank God I left it late and didn't get tickets. Massive day at the races cleaning up back to cheap drinks and going out instead of being there watching this shit... in saying that have sat through the whole thing and will be there next week.

good wake up call imo. Maybe they'll realise the defence is a disgrace.. only so much Mooy can do to hold up the midfield too. Plus Villa was lazy as they come, Kennedy in asap.

5-2 is fucking unacceptable.. Han your head in shame you fucken worthless shit..

I don't want to hear any fucken excuses from JVS, you muppet... You have just been out coach my K. Muscat... Congratulations...

Fuck off

What is disturbing is that

1. We bossed the first half.

2. We were one minute from going in at half time 2-1 up.

3. We have basically lost 4-0 and it could have been 6-10 nil because we basically didn't move it over half way in the second half. The more things changes the more they stay the same. But the Tards have recruited really well while we struggle to plug obvious defensive gaps that should have sorted out in preseason. JVS your job is on the line mate.

• Like 1

Take the positives ... Are you fucken serious ...

Please enlighten me what are the positives....

We couldn't keep our lead, twice.

We didn't score from open play ..

We clearly can't run pass the 60min mark.

We were out played in the 2nd half..

Oh yeah and we FUCKEN lost the game 5-2....

Where are the positives.....Where?????????????????????

• Like 1

Nice marking Hoffman.

Look we understand that Hoffman is not well liked but how is that his fault ? He was walking back and Thompson is his direct opponent. How is it NOT his fault. He is thirty metres up the field providing the option. We are still 3-1 at the back at the time. It's not his fault in the same way that you either have full backs move forward or you don't.

Blame him for the things he does wrong not the moving forward and the ball being turned over twenty metres behind him

He's shit.

Nice marking Hoffman.

He's shit.

That's a fairly common opinion. And you can blame him for that I guess.

Allowing Berisha to score at the start of the 2nd half was terrible... Inexcusable

Our full backs & our keeper are not A-league standard, full stop.

Murdocca is not creative enough to be one of our starting midfielders.

You can't blame Villa when there is no supply or clever attacking interchange b/w our front players.

Our squad is not balanced and without CFG somehow bolstering our squad, we will be lucky to make the finals.

• Like 3

Conceding that early in the 2nd half has clearly amazed the team of how fucking woeful that defending was and lost all hope of getting back into the game. This team is beyond shit with no chemistry shown on the field that last half.

And then there was Victory who came out with a pair of balls and fucked vant schip right in the ass

Absolutely furious the club had not looked for improvement in the defense department

This pretty much summarised where we are in the scheme of silverware this year. Not close. Need more cleaning out of the squad and bring in some proper defensive players. We got skinned alive at the business end of the game. No point getting angry with the players. I'm sure they're trying hard - its the up to recruitment and coaching to get the balance correct. This should have been sorted out in preseason.

• Like 2

And also to point out, there are so many fucking newfag plebs on this forum signing up just so they can beg for fucking active tickets, yet when I observed the active bay, only a handful of guys continued to sing while the rest just sat there mute and god damn watched the game with no interest of being active. Felt sorry for the capo as it would have been impossible to get everyone engaged from the beginning to the end. They just sing when they want to sing in a nutshell

-although the level 3 section getting involved in some patches of the game was impressive.

God damn fucking newfag bandwagoners everywhere

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 3

Our squad is not balanced and without CFG somehow bolstering our squad, we will be lucky to make the finals.

Like I've said in the JvS thread, if you compare the match squads for tonight man-for-man it would have taken a miracle for us to draw let alone win.

I can't see how we can bolster our squad unless there's significant money available inside the cap. We can't just terminate players whom we don't think are up to it.

I still don't understand how with the full resources of CFG behind us - including those 36 scouts - we have ended up in this position for yet another season.

Tonight's result will haunt us for some time to come. What a disastrous week for us all round. Villa, Koren and now this.

We have to get behind the boys now for Friday against Adelaide. But FFS Melbourne City the people out there at Latrobe and in Manchester better start delivering us something on the pitch. Cosmetic crap like colours, name and logo, a junket in Manchester and a couple of truck loads of soil on the training ground are all very nice but count for nothing after a result like this.

• Like 5

Lets face it we were really unlucky tonight and we're still gonna win the league. 

Yeah thought we were the better team. Just unlucky. 

Clearly much better. We played very well and I do believe there are any positives to take away from this particular outing. Congratulations to JVS and team I say. 

Lets face it we were really unlucky tonight and we're still gonna win the league. 

Yeah thought we were the better team. Just unlucky. 

Clearly much better. We played very well and I do believe there are any positives to take away from this particular outing. Congratulations to JVS and team I say. 

Yeah I was worried that after Aloisi left we would fall into a hole. But well done to his replacement and thankyou Aloisi for all your astute signings and creating this great balanced squad. Club legend

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

This is how I think this weekend will pan out.

The line-up is announced late, just as the gates open at 4pm. It doesn’t include Villa, but Duff is named, and Koren will start on the bench. The usual suspects round out the squad, aside from Archibald who replaces Ramsay at left back, and Mauk, who replaces Murdocca.

The game is already a sell-out, so we don’t need to worry about getting the crowds in for this one, the real concern is whether or not people will get a decent GA seat on level 3. By all accounts going GA might be the best decision anyone has ever made.

The roof is closed. David Villa is nowhere to be seen.

Kick-off is delayed by five minutes as some trouble makers from the NT let off a few flares and obscure parts of the field. The stadium fills with the acrid smell of fireworks as the sun sets over Melbourne. Clouds race in from the south and a cold wind blows outside the stadium.

The first half is a cagey affair, with both sides probing for the opener, but defences hold firm. The selection of Archibald at left back seems to be a masterstroke by JvS, as he keeps Barbarouses quiet for the opening stanza. Thompson looks dangerous getting in behind Hoffman on a few occasions, but the steel wall of Kisnorbo keeps these forays from being overly dangerous.

At the other end, Williams is making the most of Villa’s absence. He’s everywhere, popping up for crosses from Duff, and streaking past Leijer to put a few shots on goal.

And yet Villa remains absent.

Half time comes and goes, with the scores locked at nil all. Another derby stalemate is on the cards as the clock ticks over to 80 minutes gone. The sound of thunder echoes around the stadium as JvS makes the first substitution; Koren will make his debut in place of young Stephan Mauk.

Rumours of Koren’s injured calf appear to be well-founded, as the Slovenian international hobbles out to the middle of the pitch where Mauk waits. A collective groan from the City fans emanates around the stadium as Koren limps toward the young midfielder.

The roof slowly opens.

Dark clouds swirl in around in a maelstrom directly above Etihad Stadium as Koren stalks towards the hapless youngster.

One by one, the stadium lights are extinguished.

In the eye of the storm, Koren places a hand over the forehead of Mauk and closes his eyes. An inhuman groan from Koren, a shriek of pure terror from Mauk, then the crack of thunder announce that this is no ordinary derby. No, dark forces are at play tonight, and the blood of Mauk is already being consumed by a ravenous A-League marquee.

At the height of the raging storm, Koren utters the words handed down to him from ages past, and hoists the limp form of Mauk into the ozone-heavy air. A beam of pure energy surges from the eye of the storm and impales the hapless Mauk, as his skin sloughs away and his veins boil off into the atmosphere. Darkness flows across the pitch and through the stunned crowd like a roiling ocean of madness.

JvS stands up, raises his hands to the sky, and screams “SIBON!”. Reality distends and reflects back in on itself as Koren slumps to the grass, with Mauk nowhere to be seen. In his place, a towering figure emerges from the absolute blackness. Chaos. Insanity. Despair. Those in the crowd who have not gone insane from witnessing the past, present and future as one now stare in wonder as Melbourne City’s saviour calmly gathers up the ball.

Gerald Sibon has returned.

City go on to win 1-0 with a Williams tap-in in the 92nd minute.

i miss you. come back and capo again xo

Positives:

The first half was fairly even, neither team could defend and neither team had control of the game. The second goal we conceded was poor.

Negatives:

Iain Ramsay was worse than terrible. I don't want to see him play for us again. His lack of defensive positioning and technique was further exposed by Villa not tracking back.

The second half was disgraceful. If it were boxing the ref would have imposed the mercy rule but as it wasn't boxing we were very lucky to only concede 5 goals.

It's hard to know where to start but there was no desire, no intensity, little effort from the players who were still in the dressing room when Berisha took matters into his own hands and walked the ball into the goal in the first minute of the second half. 

There was no reply, the team crumbled again. The Visitors created an extra man in every line with their movement, most of the second half was played in our defensive half. Villa was a passenger and had no service at all but the whole team from Redmayne forward should hang their heads in shame.

The saddest thing is that this team does not have the character to bounce back from a loss like this

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2