Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

On ‎3‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:28 AM, jeffplz said:

Well done guys, we've done it.

So a small forum of a few (?) hundred people created the sad circumstance of a man's father dying that has made him walkaway from his professional career? You must be so proud. 

12 minutes ago, Donald said:

I suggest you learn what 'palliative care' means.

4 minutes ago, Donald said:

So a small forum of a few (?) hundred people created the sad circumstance of a man's father dying that has made him walkaway from his professional career? You must be so proud. 

Anything else to share?

On 03/01/2017 at 11:17 AM, Kinnibari said:

Welcome back from your short haitus.

This is all so weird - the timing has caught me off guard. But hopefully will lead to good things to come. Weird in a good way!

Condolances to JVS for his personal circumstances, palliative care is a hard thing to go through. 

Thanks. Im glad to be back. Jvs was a shit coach and deserved to go but i wish him and his father well. I do think there's  more to this story though. Goodluck in your endeavors jvs but please dont come back to the aleague unless you go coach victory.

6 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Wasn't it already mentioned that Herald Sun knew of CFG questioning JVS' results over the past 5 games?

The whole of melb city was questioning JvS's performance. And I am sure there were mid-season KPIs that JVS failed to achieve, hence he was asked to leave.

Also the whole football community knew we were underperforming. I am sure more news is to come.

Just now, playmaker said:

The whole of melb city was questioning JvS's performance. And I am sure there were mid-season KPIs that JVS failed to achieve, hence he was asked to leave.

Also the whole football community knew we were underperforming. I am sure more news is to come.

With the squad we have definitely been under performing. We have not looked good in any game apart from in Round 2 when we pumped MV and in the FFA Cup GF.

11 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Wasn't it already mentioned that Herald Sun knew of CFG questioning JVS' results over the past 5 games?

Whether or not the Herald Sun had inside information- which I very much doubt knowing CFG's ability to keep a lid on everything - doesn't matter. The writing has been on the wall for some time, indeed I would say ever since the bizarre team selections for the Perth FFA Cup match last season. You don't invest what CFG has done into Melbourne City and just be content with finishing fourth in a 10-team competition. These are distressing circumstances for JvS the man, but IMO we all knew that the departure of JvS the coach was inevitable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donald said:

Top avatar.  I've always been a Donald Duck man.  Do you know how hard it is to find Donald Duck trinkets and souvenirs?  Fuck Mickey. 

• Like 1

With all the messages and video tributes to JVS, I'm not surprised to see people commenting thinking he died :tooth: Now the players just need to have JVS on their shirts when they walk out against the Wanderers.

Edited by haz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...