Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

5 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

I don't understand why we got to the point with JA of having banners etc but with JVS we've never done that. Actually I do understand: it's because JA was so clearly shit anyone could understand that but JVS is actually worse for the club than JA ever was because he runs a fine line between total shit and possibly quite good but actually not really.

I have worked with a number of people like that (nothing to do with football). The two that come most readily to mind built successful careers out of it - and were quite highly paid as well. It must be a knack that some people have.

1 hour ago, Alexxxandro said:

I don't understand why we got to the point with JA of having banners etc but with JVS we've never done that. Actually I do understand: it's because JA was so clearly shit anyone could understand that but JVS is actually worse for the club than JA ever was because he runs a fine line between total shit and possibly quite good but actually not really.

Dont forget we went through 2 seasons of utter shit under jvs before aloisi, so by the time we saw the spectacular non winning run of aloisi, most of us were well and truly fed up with the excuses and bullshit. Now we have rebranded and attracted a lot of new fans who did not have the displeasure of witnessing the jvs brand of passing the ball between the keeper and defenders for hours we are hearing the same excuses all the jvs fanboys used to use. He needs more time, the players didnt show up, he is dutch so he must be better than an Australian coach, if he had a better squad, etc etc. So the fans (again) are not putting any pressure on the club to get rid of him. And then he slips in a cheeky demolition of a struggling team or a derby win to keep all the newbies hopes up that he will eventually deliver the goods. 

Its extraordinary to think the 4th most experienced coach in the leauges history is an import that has won absolutely nothing (not even close to it), shown no signs of improvement at all and is able to use the excuse "we are a work in progress" without anyone batting an eyelid. At any other club this cunt would have been lynched years ago.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, cadete said:

BTW we are due for a new JVS Hipster on this forum... as in those blokes who come here and act all intellectual in defence of his coaching until they realise how shit he truly is and either join our side or leave for good.

Join the facebook group "Melbourne city fans unite". Take your pick. There are plenty to choose from

3 minutes ago, cadete said:

I am pretty that they declined my submission for membership...

Here is an actual post 

" I'll admit Friday night's match frustrated me so much but i actually blame John Aloisi's playing style with was pretty much just sit back defend and then counter although JVS should have a tactic to try and score against a team that tries this in the future, i still think that our ladder position ain't so bad and that a 1 goal loss away from home and against a team that defended well but played a relatively negative and ugly game style so early in the season isn't so bad "

Its not JVS' fault we were terrible. It was Aloisi's fault for using effective tactics! Holy mother of god. Can everyone please join this group and try to talk some sense into these people!

3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Here is an actual post 

" I'll admit Friday night's match frustrated me so much but i actually blame John Aloisi's playing style with was pretty much just sit back defend and then counter although JVS should have a tactic to try and score against a team that tries this in the future, i still think that our ladder position ain't so bad and that a 1 goal loss away from home and against a team that defended well but played a relatively negative and ugly game style so early in the season isn't so bad "

Its not JVS' fault we were terrible. It was Aloisi's fault for using effective tactics! Holy mother of god. Can everyone please join this group and try to talk some sense into these people!

Bloke probably uses the exist for the reason why we always do shit against Perth, never mind the fact that Perth has played Counter-Attacking football before JVS had heard that Australia had its own domestic league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cadete said:

Bloke probably uses the exist for the reason why we always do shit against Perth, never mind the fact that Perth has played Counter-Attacking football before JVS had heard that Australia had its own domestic league.

Apparently a well organized defence with a dangerous counter attack equals parking the bus and negative tactics

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Apparently a well organized defence with a dangerous counter attack equals parking the bus and negative tactics

Yes, even though it working was pretty bloody well for UK sides in the late 70's/early 80's in Europe until they got banned for crowd issues...

On 07/11/2016 at 3:54 PM, cadete said:

I am pretty that they declined my submission for membership...

You're too radical and extreme, know nothing about Dutch football and still talk about nsl wog ball way too much  

Membership declined. Sorry 

dont bother reapplying. They are too busy watching reruns of holland World Cup's successful campaigns 

4 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

WTF was that?

That 2nd half in particular was a physical manifestation of JVS' mindset.  Paralyzed with fear of failure.

An utter cancer who has the best list in the league, yet single handedly is gonna turn people away from our games in droves.

Was like watching an old heart game. Except we have well above average players who occasionally do things to distract us from how terribly organized we are

14 minutes ago, moops said:

little structure, pass it about the back, if we get it forward just pass it about till individual brilliance affords us a chance.

Sounds like bad tactics to me. Absolutely embarrassing that we have imported this guy and the most he can contribute to the growth of the local game is "get really good players and let them score awesome goals". 

19 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

This guy is not normal. Why the hell does he wait so long to make subs? Sends players to do a warm up half time then makes them sit till the 85th minute.

Could be worse. I've just come back from watching my home town team take on Arsenal's U-18s in a friendly game; phone said it was 6C at best with a horrible wind whipping through. The Arsenal academy manager had his subs warming up through the entire match, and then decided to use absolutely none of them. The team that started the game were the same one that finished it.

1 hour ago, Falastur said:

Could be worse. I've just come back from watching my home town team take on Arsenal's U-18s in a friendly game; phone said it was 6C at best with a horrible wind whipping through. The Arsenal academy manager had his subs warming up through the entire match, and then decided to use absolutely none of them. The team that started the game were the same one that finished it.

Ballarat?

7 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Ballarat?

Assuming you're asking who my home town team are, you're looking on the wrong side of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchin_Town_F.C.

If that was, on the other hand, a joke about Ballarat being cold or something, unfortunately my lack of Australian knowledge means I didn't get it.

On 4/6/2016 at 8:49 AM, Embee said:

It's not.

He's broken several stories this season (Mauk and Koren's departures for example) and apparently there's a bit of annoyance within the football club that he continues to break these stories and clearly has a leak that feeds him the information.

Around two years ago.

Essentially any joke about either weather or intelligence in this forum is usually met with a Ballarat joke.

• Like 2

On 06/11/2016 at 4:05 PM, NewConvert said:

Precisely. The loss of confidence by the players, supporters and sponsors has to be a net cost. the only real harm at the moment is that we don't have enough quality defensive players and whomever comes in will have to deal with that conundrum.

As i understand, another defensive player is being scouted to take the place of the injured winger Kuzmanovski. hopefully for January. maybe by then JVS will be gone and the new caoch will have the defensive stocks he needs

• Like 2

Jvs arrived and he just was there. Then he left, we though he was gone for good but he returned. 

For a while he was in the background just lingering there without any benefit. 

We almost forgot he was there and all of a sudden bang... he is officially here again. 

We sort of got used to having him around and realized that we stuck with him. 

Most people want him gone, some don't care any more because nothing seems to work and he just won't go away. 

Tell me please is there any difference between jvs and herpes??? 

• Like 1