Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

5 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I nearly kicked a hole in my tv when he said that. 

But, on the plus side he looked very nervous. And not his usual nervous. Like he is about to get torn to shreds by someone much higher up the food chain than him type of nervous.

Maybe it's me but winning 1-0 away with 10 men and then destroying victree 4-1 would mean we have reached the optimal level of performance to be successful. After those near flawless performances how have we all of a sudden regressed to being a work in progress. Boggles the mind. The work is done. It's time to perform. 

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Maybe it's me but winning 1-0 away with 10 men and then destroying victree 4-1 would mean we have reached the optimal level of performance to be successful. After those near flawless performances how have we all of a sudden regressed to being a work in progress. Boggles the mind. The work is done. It's time to perform. 

You would think. But #jvsthings

unless he means guys going missing in midfield, but it has always happened, or players always seem to do their own thing.

I have said JVS coaches total fluidity, he has no structure or constraints, he wants players to do whatever they want. That kind of thing is good in youth teams, but structure and discipline is needed in senior football.

23 minutes ago, moops said:

he wants players to do whatever they want. 

That's not coaching. Thats the opposite of coaching.

If that is seriously his secret i might apply for his job. I can sit back and let players do whatever they want and i will only ask for the average hal coaches wage. Not three times as much as anyone else is being paid

Edited by KSK_47

16 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

That's not coaching. Thats the opposite of coaching.

If that is seriously his secret i might apply for his job. I can sit back and let players do whatever they want and i will only ask for the average hal coaches wage. Not three times as much as anyone else is being paid

Exactly, maybe a little exaggerated, but you can see it happen this year already and it was blatant last year, it's like he is coaching u14's!

He wants freedom all over the pitch, it is certainly not the guardiola way (I asume city way now), he took Henry off for not playing as he should, even though he scored a goal.

3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

"A work in progress"

It's round fucking 5. How the fuck is it still a work in progress. That means the players can't fucking execute your bullshit tactics on a consistent basis.

I nearly kicked a hole in my tv when he said that. 

But, on the plus side he looked very nervous. And not his usual nervous. Like he is about to get torn to shreds by someone much higher up the food chain than him type of nervous.

He's even poor at making up excuses. From January 2012:

Melbourne Heart FC head coach John van ‘t Schip says his side remains a work in progress

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/we-need-to-improve-van-t-schip/yr8g54gpzh4814hs7cf7qhjug

There are absolutely no excuses in the world for not getting 1 shot on target, with Melbourne City's squad, a whole 6 weeks after what was really our first competitive game, the FFA Cup Quarter-Final against WSW.

He really should be getting torn to shreds by this point.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

He got out coached by aloisi, enough said.

Long term this formation with Kilkenny dropping deep can't work, it worked against victory but it didn't take long for teams to work their way around it. Should have lost by 2 or 3 goals against Perth and by a similar margin against Brisbane. In both those games they got in behind us with ease, especially last night.

We didn't even come close to scoring last night.

Have to play a flat 4 at the back, worked well against Adelaide, it's just suicide playing with one central defender.

Not sure what cahills role in the team is, pretty much just run around where he wants to, he's ineffective like that as he has no business playing as a no.10 or no. 8, the more closer to goal he is the more useful he is, I still don't agree that his signing was needed as he doesn't have a role on the team.

Sorrenson needs to play, Bouzanis has zero composure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Them feels when you have a losing record to Aloisi 

I went through all our results at one stage but unfortunately didn't keep the results. I think you'll find that we have a losing record against nearly every club.

Overall in our seven seasons to date, regular league matches only: Won 56, Drawn 45, Lost 69.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I went through all our results at one stage but unfortunately didn't keep the results. I think you'll find that we have a losing record against nearly every club.

Overall in our seven seasons to date, regular league matches only: Won 56, Drawn 45, Lost 

Without adding it up I bet it's pretty close to a 33% winning ratio.

35 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

The problem is though that he was missing colazo last night, its unfair to judge JVS until he has a full, healthy squad to choose from.

Not sure if serious. He has two players out for the season (Gameiro, Kuzi). So he has an excuse for the whole season?

2 hours ago, CityHeart said:

I reckon the schip wont be sleeping well.

Call me an optimist, but last night was a different 'shocker' for teflon john.

I reckon he knew it to. His post game interview - looked more than the usual flat. Looked defeated. 

Hate to say it but I reckon this is wishful thinking. If those secret agent rumours didn't come out about graham Arnold I would be more confident

I'm told by someone close to the club that JVS has been given 23-26 games to prove he's the right man for the job. After that he can either say he's leaving for family reasons or leaving to be closer to his family.

After that we can finally sign our no. 1 target.......John Aloisi! I've also been told that his assistant will be Ante Milicic

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

I'm told by someone close to the club that JVS has been given 23-26 games to prove he's the right man for the job. After that he can either say he's leaving for family reasons or leaving to be closer to his family.

After that we can finally sign our no. 1 target.......John Aloisi! I've also been told that his assistant will be Ante Milicic

Hell yeah.

We have a good record at this club with Johns, any other Johns we can sign?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Embee said:

Gone at the end of the season. Probably stuck with him until then.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. The only thing that might change is a new assistant  comes in now that the wleague has started. The new assistant may end up as manager next year.

it does have a logic to it. They know JVS is gone next season so I highly doubt they arnt planning for this, so why not bring the new guy in as assistant so he can have half a season to work out who he wants to keep and who he doesn't 

Edited by Dylan

22 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. The only thing that might change is a new assistant  comes in now that the wleague has started. The new assistant may end up as manager next year.

it does have a logic to it. They know JVS is gone next season so I highly doubt they arnt planning for this, so why not bring the new guy in as assistant so he can have half a season to work out who he wants to keep and who he doesn't 

So, FMD, another season written off? We must have the most loyal band of supporters in the country.

7 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We won't win anything whilst he's coach (apart from the Craig Foster Cup)

That's probably why hes still here....

CGF: John, what are the details of "The Craig Foster Cup" you have won previously

JVS: Well it's this competition that I won against a World XI with my team blindfolded playing on one leg, so as you can see from this achievement  believe I should be given that 3 year extension .

15 hours ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

this seems possible and maybe CFG will appoint a coach in the style of Pep G. pep might even recommend someone. Only i think it should come if JVS is at the helm of at least three losses. why wait to R23. there would be no chance at all to recoup under a new coach. 

1 hour ago, citymad said:

this seems possible and maybe CFG will appoint a coach in the style of Pep G. pep might even recommend someone. Only i think it should come if JVS is at the helm of at least three losses. why wait to R23. there would be no chance at all to recoup under a new coach. 

Precisely. The loss of confidence by the players, supporters and sponsors has to be a net cost. the only real harm at the moment is that we don't have enough quality defensive players and whomever comes in will have to deal with that conundrum.

He will never win a premiers plate or a grand final.

everything rests on the ffa cup final, and if we do win it make no mistake it will be courtesy of some individual masterclass from Bruno or something like that, that will be his only trophy with us, if we lose it will remain 0 until he goes.

I don't understand why we got to the point with JA of having banners etc but with JVS we've never done that. Actually I do understand: it's because JA was so clearly shit anyone could understand that but JVS is actually worse for the club than JA ever was because he runs a fine line between total shit and possibly quite good but actually not really.

• Like 6