Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

9 hours ago, Jestr said:

Coach of the century!

3:0 against full team

1:1 against 10 men

Ha! that was something I thought of mentioning in the game thread but thought better of...

Edit: I promise to keep this thread alive all season no matter what the results on field if only out of tradition and loyalty to the Heart days.

Edited by Alexxxandro
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Just getting on the front foot here. Sack this cunt before yet another season goes down the drain. 

Well, if we don't win today then IMO he should be sacked immediately. We have the best squad ever assembled in the A-League, a full complement of visa players, 3 marquees (albeit one missing today), and for the first time I can remember for the start of a season only two players unavailable because of injury/illness. The excuses have run out.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, if we don't win today then IMO he should be sacked immediately. We have the best squad ever assembled in the A-League, a full complement of visa players, 3 marquees (albeit one missing today), and for the first time I can remember for the start of a season only two players unavailable because of injury/illness. The excuses have run out.

And an opposition with genuine starters missing.

Only excuse left is the wind.

2 hours ago, Chris p said:

Certainally not fitting within the city philosophy 

Really? He has shown he can play attacking football tbh, the only time Sydney were reliant on a strong defence under him was when they had Og as a wall, rest of the time they've won games via their attack.

Edited by Tesla

1 hour ago, Jestr said:

Anyone who still thinks it's the squad and  not head coach needs another hobby where logic isn't required. 

One clue to this is that whilst our attack has become more efficient and effective, no matter which players are in the squad our defensive problems have remained exactly the same. Only one constant.

Edited by belaguttman

5 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

One clue to this is that whilst our attack has become more efficient and effective, no matter which players are in the squad our defensive problems have remained exactly the same. Only one constant.

He's actually getting worse, because he's not learning from mistakes. With each match we play the residual of his payout decreases by about 4%, so I'm looking forward to the day when CFG reach the tipping point with him.

Last season we scored more goals than any other team in A-League history but our defence was woeful. How does JVS fix this? He plays without a holding midfielder and with only one centre back.

Oh look, we just conceded 3 goals at home against a team with its best striker missing.

I am eager to see what his next move is. Maybe no centre backs at all. That will surely fix the defence.

2 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Last season we scored more goals than any other team in A-League history but our defence was woeful. How does JVS fix this? He plays without a holding midfielder and with only one centre back.

Oh look, we just conceded 3 goals at home against a team with its best striker missing.

I am eager to see what his next move is. Maybe no centre backs at all. That will surely fix the defence.

"We are still learning"

You couldnt make this shit up!

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/john-vant-schip-backs-melbourne-citys-structure/1884k5u9crw6g1vgt2xa1kso0n

Ok I'm going to put this out there. Recently there's been some talk about JVS and his coaching and CFGs input into these matters. The talk has been around CFG controlling how the team plays and the players we get. Apparently JVS has no say over both and all footage of training and games is sent over to Manchester to be analysed and feedback given to the coaching staff here on how things  should be done and implemented. I'm 100% behind getting rid of JVS however with any coach we have it seems its not so much a matter of the quality of the coach from a tactical point of view but more their ability to implement the CFG tactic effectively.

As an example Graham Arnold may win another championship this year with Sydney and then be hired by us. Now history would show he has been successful in playing whatever game style he sees fit. If things are as they appear to be where CFG dictates decisions on players and game style then I'd imagine someone like Graham could still fail here if he cant implement it correctly and his past successes would count for little besides his man management.   

Wasn't a fan of JVS post match interview but every now and then he says things that give clues as to how things are being run and the unwillingess for changing things appears to be a CFG driven motive. JVS isn't good enough whether he has his way or not, but I think this mindset that JVS has currently provides an insight into what we can expect when our next manager comes in. The next one will have to simply implement it better.  

Edit: Just wanted to add, and I'm guessing, but there will be a degree of flexibility within the system this season but not much. Theres still JVS signs in the way we play like this fluid movement where players can press and roam where they see fit.  

Edited by n i k o

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Ok I'm going to put this out there. Recently there's been some talk about JVS and his coaching and CFGs input into these matters. The talk has been around CFG controlling how the team plays and the players we get. Apparently JVS has no say over both and all footage of training and games is sent over to Manchester to be analysed and feedback given to the coaching staff here on how things  should be done and implemented. I'm 100% behind getting rid of JVS however with any coach we have it seems its not so much a matter of the quality of the coach from a tactical point of view but more their ability to implement the CFG tactic effectively.

As an example Graham Arnold may win another championship this year with Sydney and then be hired by us. Now history would show he has been successful in playing whatever game style he sees fit. If things are as they appear to be where CFG dictates decisions on players and game style then I'd imagine someone like Graham could still fail here if he cant implement it correctly and his past successes would count for little besides his man management.   

Wasn't a fan of JVS post match interview but every now and then he says things that give clues as to how things are being run and the unwillingess for changing things appears to be a CFG driven motive. JVS isn't good enough whether he has his way or not, but I think this mindset that JVS has currently provides an insight into what we can expect when our next manager comes in. The next one will have to simply implement it better.  

This has been mentioned before and while the idea that cfg are controlling the management side of things is weird imo it still makes jvs being here more bizarre. He cant coach on his own and he cant coach while being coached on how to coach. 

WHY IS HE STILL HERE?!

4 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Maybe they are being more controlling because JVS is mentally weak. A stronger coach and they pull back a bit? 

If this is the case where CFG is controlling a lot of this then I doubt it. Its been well documented they want all teams paying a certain style and would be enforcing this with every team they have.