Melbourne Football

Alternative to 'Happy Together'

jgulab15

Let's face it, it's never caught on with the bulk of the Heart/City supporters. Various reasons for this of course. The representation of supporters on this forum is actually very small, and I reckon if there was a survey of 2015 paid-up City members the majority wouldn't identify with SHT.

Like Hedaik I don't mind it, but like Peter would much prefer nothing at all and let the atmosphere be generated by the supporters.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I was singing this to support the team and the club however I could barely hear this song being sung last night over the victory support. It's just not a song to generate any noise from. Unfortunately it's been a number of years and it still hasn't caught on and I doubt it ever will. 

Is there any truth to the talk that there's some club song being generated in the near future? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

I was singing this to support the team and the club however I could barely hear this song being sung last night over the victory support. It's just not a song to generate any noise from. Unfortunately it's been a number of years and it still hasn't caught on and I doubt it ever will. 

Is there any truth to the talk that there's some club song being generated in the near future? 

IIRC we were asked on City Voice a couple of months ago our opinion of a song written by a couple of supporters and the majority opinion was that it was OK and at least original and therefore "ours." But like most things on City Voice it's disappeared into the unknown...

TBH our membership turn-out at the Yarra End last night was very weak. Buggered if I know why some people even buy a membership. 

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC we were asked on City Voice a couple of months ago our opinion of a song written by a couple of supporters and the majority opinion was that it was OK and at least original and therefore "ours." But like most things on City Voice it's disappeared into the unknown...

TBH our membership turn-out at the Yarra End last night was very weak. Buggered if I know why some people even buy a membership. 

Club made songs can often be very cringe. Your right it was mentioned on City Voice. My point is you could have the whole yarra end full and the song still doesn't sound loud at all. We don't need a club made song anyway. Just a song that is very catchy that you feel an emotional connection with when you sing it. 

Edited by n i k o

5 hours ago, n i k o said:

Yeah, have never felt that the song has caught on. For starters, only a couple non-active fans probably sing it and not even half of active join in to sing it so it doesn't generate any noise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

Club made songs can often be very cringe. Your right it was mentioned on City Voice. My point is you could have the whole yarra end full and the song still doesn't sound loud at all. We don't need a club made song anyway. Just a song that is very catchy that you feel an emotional connection with when you sing it. 

I don't mind repeating myself in this instance. IMO the whole pre-match/half-time package just makes me cringe more and more with every match I attend. Music I've never heard of, spelling mistakes on the screen, the wrong player photographs put up, the screaming announcer, the banal half-time competitions...as far as I'm concerned you can chuck the whole lot in the bin. For a club that aspires to be the best, it's embarrassing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I feel like they're pushing for Wonderwall by playing it after every win. Plus you know, Oasis and Man City are basically the same entity

Well if they are it's a sign of how fuckin stupid and disconnected they are. Adelaide already has Wonderwall. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 3

"The Walk-out Song" is to Melbourne City what the Monarchy is to Australia - irrelevant to what really counts. Just fix the football on the field, win more matches, win silverware - everything else will follow. Does any other A-League club worry about this peripheral shit? - I doubt it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

"The Walk-out Song" is to Melbourne City what the Monarchy is to Australia - irrelevant to what really counts. Just fix the football on the field, win more matches, win silverware - everything else will follow. Does any other A-League club worry about this peripheral shit? - I doubt it.

Yes they would unless they're completely satisfied with what they have. Adelaide made the decision in 2015 to use Wonderwall. Clearly there must have been some need for discussions behind that decision.

On 12/19/2016 at 8:20 PM, n i k o said:

Yes they would unless they're completely satisfied with what they have. Adelaide made the decision in 2015 to use Wonderwall. Clearly there must have been some need for discussions behind that decision.

IMO recent evidence suggests that City are not satisfied with the whole "match-day experience" that they're providing - hence the various questions on City Voice, the surveys on "beautiful football" and now the survey on why members miss so many matches. But I don't think that they're going to "fix" any of these things until we start winning more matches (however we manage to do it). People go to football matches to watch the football; the other things are just add-ons.

• 3 weeks later...