Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

• 2 weeks later...

Sky blue is comming

Would have thought the key aspect is what the FFA wants, not what the club wants. We know that the club wants sky blue shirts and if it had everything its own way, we'd be wearing sky blue this season.

We turn into sky blue. Big deal. Give me silverware and good football and l will wear pink jerseys.

Though I agree with this.

Sky blue is comming

Would have thought the key aspect is what the FFA wants, not what the club wants. We know that the club wants sky blue shirts and if it had everything its own way, we'd be wearing sky blue this season.

We turn into sky blue. Big deal. Give me silverware and good football and l will wear pink jerseys.

Though I agree with this.

yepa gree 100% - we knew it would happen - So weather they leave the away as red and white is another thing..... I suspect they will but time will tell.

Love the red and white but everytime l see us in red and white l just think about the Heart days and what makes it worse the Heart playing style of football. Have we achieved any wins away with the red and white??

Newcastle.... but does that count they are in shambles (were at the time)

Love the red and white but everytime l see us in red and white l just think about the Heart days and what makes it worse the Heart playing style of football. Have we achieved any wins away with the red and white??

Newcastle.... but does that count they are in shambles (were at the time)Pretty sure we wore the white kit.

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon they'll go down the NPL kit route. CFG obviously recognise how much red and white are apart of the club so they'll give us the token stripes as away kit but we'll never use it. Sky blue home for sure.

The real challenge for them is getting Scum FC to agree.  I would think that would take more than an invite to a motor racing event. 

The reverse combination would be much harder for Scum FC to argue with, given that the Tards played in sky blue away one season.  Once CFG got that up, they could keep chipping away....

• Like 1

I'm 99% sure we will be in sky blue next season. No more multi colours. Melbourne will be sky blue.

Man, I can't put into words how dissapointed I'd be.

It's coming. If looking around our club isn't the big clue, the big wigs already have been told that's the plan.

Wasn't it the plan last year?

Wonder what % of our support would prefer red & white kit & be shite forever ? I couldn't give a donald duck if they wore borat mankinis as long as they won !

I think the large percentage would realise that logically, the colours that a team wears are unlikely to make a bit of difference to how it performs, so the team may as well wear what its fans want it to wear.

• Like 4

If true, seems like putting red and white into the club emblem was a pointless exercise.

The red and white in the club emblem comes from the City of Melbourne - nothing to do with the jerseys we play in.

It's by far the best emblem in the league. Fairly and squarely identifies our club as being the City's club.

• Like 2

If true, seems like putting red and white into the club emblem was a pointless exercise.

The red and white in the club emblem comes from the City of Melbourne - nothing to do with the jerseys we play in.

It's by far the best emblem in the league. Fairly and squarely identifies our club as being the City's club.

Yeah, of course, though it still appears to be a token sample of red and white to get the ol' Heart supporters on board, but agreed - it is by far the smoothest looking emblem in the league.

Edited by RedAndWhitePride