Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

Just get someone handy with a sewing machine to remove the turtle neck and put a normal collar on there. They look fine once this is done. Whoever came up with the idea of a turtle neck on a football jersey should be shot though. Or forced to watch us play every week.

Dunno which option is worse at the minute

Just get someone handy with a sewing machine to remove the turtle neck and put a normal collar on there. They look fine once this is done. Whoever came up with the idea of a turtle neck on a football jersey should be shot though. Or forced to watch us play every week.

Dunno which option is worse at the minute

Or there's the Grella solution...

• Like 1

This may send eBay into a meltdown, but act fast to get your hands on this brilliant piece of merchandise.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MELBOURNE-HEART-MEMBER-2013-14-ID-STRAP-MELBOURNE-CITY-A-LEAGUE-FOOTBALL-SOCCER-/281481587901?pt=AU_Sport_Soccer_Merchandise&hash=item41899c2cbd

I troll ebay a bit and this has been listed for over a month, cannot #believe that no one has picked up this bargain!

Any chance of us getting some Melbourne city jumpers?

eg 37592018_l.jpg755m.jpg

It would be nice to wear something to the shops etc - rather than looking like a flog in the playing strip (ala victory supporters at airport west)

I saw that city one the other day. I like it. But as an arsenal fan, couldn't bring myself to buy or wear it

I have the city one love it wore it to the ffa match

Capz at Uni Hill.

I know we'll eventually be sky blue, but the complete sky blue cap was a bit too much

Can they be ordered on line?

I'm not too sure to be honest. I doubt it as the bloke only just got them in yesterday. He said there is limited stock he has on hand. Not releasing much of these in bulk for some reason.

how much?

$50 each which is cheaper than say Rebel from what i remember.

I genuinely thought Lowes was clothes shop for fat povo people with a casual interest in Hawaiian shirts.

It is also the Hugo Boss of Cessnock.

This is a bit strange: NYC has announced that it will be wearing Adidas.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2014/11/10/new-york-city-fc-adds-adidas-official-partner

Wonder what Manchester City's deal with Nike is and whether City will be changing to the three stripes in the near future, as well?

The MLS signed a deal with Adidas to outfit all of its clubs... I am sure once this deal ends NYC will push for a change of policy.

I'll embrace the white...not quite ready for the sky blue...this is a good solution:

http://www.sportinghousedirect.com.au/a-league-melbourne-heart-media-polo/

to this day still my favourite polo. Have worn the shit out of mine.

the red one is pretty awesome as well :)

Yeah, I wear the same red one you're talking about to every game basically! I also still have my Reebok polo from season 1; mostly white with thin horizontal red stripes  :)

Adidas have a contract with all MLS teams like what reebok had with the a league back a few years ago

Which may explain why Villa went to the MLS - as he is sponsored by Adidas. Its a win win for them both. ala Beckham

That must be it. Obviously this is a translated version but I have no doubt the conversation went like this

CFG: "Hey David, wanna be paid a shitload to play for Manchester City?"

Villa: "Hmm, do they play in Adidas kits?"

CFG: "Nah, it's Nike"

Villa: "Forget it! I'll go to New York instead"

• Like 1

Adidas have a contract with all MLS teams like what reebok had with the a league back a few years ago

Which may explain why Villa went to the MLS - as he is sponsored by Adidas. Its a win win for them both. ala Beckham

That must be it. Obviously this is a translated version but I have no doubt the conversation went like this

CFG: "Hey David, wanna be paid a shitload to play for Manchester City?"

Villa: "Hmm, do they play in Adidas kits?"

CFG: "Nah, it's Nike"

Villa: "Forget it! I'll go to New York instead"

i guess you dont understand the influence of Nike and Adidas

Its is Adidas' interest to get a player sponsored by Adidias to play in Adidas.

Fact is:

Adidas pays above (bare in mind Adidas will supply Juventus and Man United) at clubs that have high level players sponsored by Nike.  Real is one example. When you see Ronaldo in a Real top - you think Adidas.

Nike did the reverse for Barca.

REVEALED: How Messi almost joined Chelsea last summer after adidas offered to pay half of the staggering £210m deal to Barcelona

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2487680/Lionel-Messi-nearly-joined-Chelsea-adidas-offered-pay-105million-move.html 

Why do you think Melbourne is wearing Nike??????????????

Edited by markn

Look I agree with your sentiments about branding being important and that the brands themselves may try to get players to change clubs, but that's not really adding anything to your theory that VIlla is going to the MLS because of the kit maker. Do you think that article is accurate and not in any way fabricated because a journo was bored?

I really don't think we're at the point yet where players move clubs because of branding. Sure, it's a money driven game but I would be surprised if branding had any more influence than playing style/intended playing style/lifestyle/culture and straight up cold hard cash.

In Villa's case I would imagine that New York seemed like a good fit for all the reasons above.