Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

2 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

This was a success last year. Suddenly we had a huge show of blue in the stands.

Agree, it was a great success. Nice to be able to wear a club scarf in the summer and not feel uncomfortable. It doesn't seem sensible not to have the same offer this season. I don't understand the club's thinking sometimes.

I think we'll see the membership counter appear shortly after 1st June, when the number of automatic rollovers becomes known, and then we'll see what sort of "connect" has continued between the club and last season's members.

11 hours ago, IssySG said:

Yeah it is a shame. The scarves we had this year were great. Would be good for the club to repeat again next season so theoretically all members could participate in Happy Together.

I feel like emailing the club about this. Who do you people suggest l email?

14 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Ring up Neil Mitchell complaints line. To ensure you are allowed on the air make sure you blame the younger generations as they have never had it so good, 'dole bludgers', and that there needs to be more goals in soccer

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Ring up Neil Mitchell complaints line. To ensure you are allowed on the air make sure you blame the younger generations as they have never had it so good, 'dole bludgers', and that there needs to be more goals in soccer

...and less hooligans and flares.

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Based on experience so far you won't get a sensible response from the club, merely a regurgitation of the standard response on 2017/18 memberships such as there being two home derbies etc. etc.- see City Voice if you want the details. And that's if you're lucky to get any response at all. Adverse comments are usually ignored completely.

I'd say the one thing that CFG doesn't like is adverse publicity. If you feel strongly about it, e-mail Michael Lynch about the price increases/cap/scarf etc. and say the club doesn't know how to connect with its supporter base.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Based on experience so far you won't get a sensible response from the club, merely a regurgitation of the standard response on 2017/18 memberships such as there being two home derbies etc. etc.- see City Voice if you want the details. And that's if you're lucky to get any response at all. Adverse comments are usually ignored completely.

I'd say the one thing that CFG doesn't like is adverse publicity. If you feel strongly about it, e-mail Michael Lynch about the price increases/cap/scarf etc. and say the club doesn't know how to connect with its supporter base.

Biting off your nose to spite your face much!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Biting off your nose to spite your face much!

Like I said "If you feel strongly about it...." Otherwise it's not worth doing anything. Memberships have been out there since 6th April and realistically I can't see the club changing its position on what is on offer.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Like I said "If you feel strongly about it...." Otherwise it's not worth doing anything. Memberships have been out there since 6th April and realistically I can't see the club changing its position on what is on offer.

Your basically advocating selling out the club. Wouldn't give ammunition against the club to anyone no matter how poorly the club manage themselves. Come on jw. 

Edited by n i k o

Typical forum over reaction, based on nothing, but a misinterpreted sentence :droy: 

I had to ring the club to change my membership, as moving away for a year, so I asked, and they said scarves are included like last season you mongs (mongs added by me before the club gets blamed for it)

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I actually did ask the girl that answered the membership hotline a week ago on what do you get in the Membership Pack. I mentioned last time we got the option of a cap or a scraf. She said they have not made that decision yet on what merchandise you will get. But she probably knows as much as us on what will be offered. If any.

Who honestly gives a fuck if you get a free scarf or not with your membership? 

Scarf's are too hot to wear in the summer anyway, and if you want a good quality one, just go buy one from the shop if you're in desperate need of one. The only thing i use from the membership package outside of the membership its self obviously, is the fridge magnet with the fixture on it

#keepthemagnet #ditchthescarf

4 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Scarf's are too hot to wear in the summer anyway, and if you want a good quality one, just go buy one from the shop if you're in desperate need of one. The only thing i use from the membership package outside of the membership its self obviously, is the fridge magnet with the fixture on it

I think you're forgetting the most crucial part of the membership pack.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Got my first and only Heart scarf at Vic Markets for $5

8 hours ago, Jovan said:

What about the pins. Lets not forget the pins. Basically the only driving force to maintain my membership during the Aliosi years was the pins.

Thats my favorite part as well to be honest.

I will say though that i'm liking the key rings as well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I think you're forgetting the most crucial part of the membership pack.

15 hours ago, Jovan said:

What about the pins. Lets not forget the pins. Basically the only driving force to maintain my membership during the Aliosi years was the pins.

Couldn't care less about the pins tbh. I just throw them in the bin when i get them

The keychain is good too as @IssySG has said above. The stickers they have in there are crap too.

Edited by kingofhearts

10 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Couldn't care less about the pins tbh. I just throw them in the bin when i get them

The keychain is good too as @IssySG has said above. The stickers they have in there are crap too.

Mate if you dont want them, just throw it my way.

My daughter doesnt get membership pins so can add it to her baby scarf lol

On 22/05/2017 at 9:29 PM, kingofhearts said:

Not a necessity but l give a fuck. In fact, l have two scarves and purchased another 3 for other family members. But l get a little jealous when l see every single Victory fan holding their scarves up singing together compared to us where the scarves are sporadic. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Begrudgingly and fwiw have to admit they have a very good song. 

I honestly dont think Its any better than ours. The difference is the participation and execution, which makes any football song seem better than it is.

Our biggest problem is the lack of buy in from outside the active area. And tbh i doubt it'll ever catch on properly until we start getting enough at games to hear it loudly enough.

24 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I honestly dont think Its any better than ours. The difference is the participation and execution, which makes any football song seem better than it is.

Our biggest problem is the lack of buy in from outside the active area. And tbh i doubt it'll ever catch on properly until we start getting enough at games to hear it loudly enough.

Guess it's a matter of opinion I guess. Song for song comparison I do think it's better than ours. A large majority of people around where I sit feel the same.

What I mostly agree with is your last sentence, however from a certain angle. Doubt the crowd will buy into the song itself nor prefer it as the club song but with more people involved it could have a flow on effect on the whole crowd. 

9 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Guess it's a matter of opinion I guess. Song for song comparison I do think it's better than ours. A large majority of people around where I sit feel the same.

What I mostly agree with is your last sentence, however from a certain angle. Doubt the crowd will buy into the song itself nor prefer it as the club song but with more people involved it could have a flow on effect on the whole crowd. 

I'll just throw in - and we're getting way off topic here, but it's the off-season... - where is there anything "official" about SHT being our club song, when and where people should sing it, etc. etc.? I don't see it as, say, as a mentioned in the membership pack, so where does a new member, for example, find out about it? There are plenty of members who down't turn up to matches, so IMO they're not particularly "connected" to the club, so why should they be "connected" to the song?

IMO too many assumptions are made about  memberships and members. This is a basic problem with the club - it does a lot of good things - for example in the community - but IMO most people are mainly interested in what goes on on the field.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'll just throw in - and we're getting way off topic here, but it's the off-season... - where is there anything "official" about SHT being our club song, when and where people should sing it, etc. etc.? I don't see it as, say, as a mentioned in the membership pack, so where does a new member, for example, find out about it? There are plenty of members who down't turn up to matches, so IMO they're not particularly "connected" to the club, so why should they be "connected" to the song?

IMO too many assumptions are made about  memberships and members. This is a basic problem with the club - it does a lot of good things - for example in the community - but IMO most people are mainly interested in what goes on on the field.

You raise a good point about new members/non showing members not being too aware of the club song.

Just to clarify my post is related directly to regular attending members that are well aware of the club song and don't feel connected or willing to sing it. 

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

You raise a good point about new members/non showing members not being too aware of the club song.

Just to clarify my post is related directly to regular attending members that are well aware of the club song and don't feel connected or willing to sing it. 

I'm going to look carefully at just what is in the membership pack for 2017/18. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but for 2016/17 I don't recall there being anything about the club at all - just the trinkets, the membership card and lanyard, and the cap/scarf.