Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

I can't see anything wrong with it at all TBH. And what individual criticisms there may be, I'd say our kits - even the dreaded sky blue - are by far and away the best in the league. Actually look as though they belong to a football club, whereas the rest look like patchwork advertising quilts.

I can't see anything wrong with it at all TBH. And what individual criticisms there may be, I'd say our kits - even the dreaded sky blue - are by far and away the best in the league. Actually look as though they belong to a football club, whereas the rest look like patchwork advertising quilts.

you mean you don't like Central Coast's Marijuana plant jersey?

Same. Reminds me of the old Kappa kits which I always thought were Heart's best kits.

aesthetically, I agree but design-wise they were horrible

The Kappa Kits were ratshit...

Not because of the tightness but because they were Red Kits with White Stripes, the club should have stayed with White Kits with Red Stripes and Black Numbers like in our first two years as they both looked better and as soon as went to the Red with White Stripes and Numbers things really went to shit.

When I think of the Kappa Kit all I think of is Willow smashing one metres over the bar at Swan Street End and JA jumping up in the air as if the bloke had a chance of not just smashing it over the bar.

• Like 3

The Kappa Kits were ratshit...

Not because of the tightness but because they were Red Kits with White Stripes, the club should have stayed with White Kits with Red Stripes and Black Numbers like in our first two years as they both looked better and as soon as went to the Red with White Stripes and Numbers things really went to shit.

When I think of the Kappa Kit all I think of is Willow smashing one metres over the bar at Swan Street End and JA jumping up in the air as if the bloke had a chance of not just smashing it over the bar.

det is there anything about heart/city u do like? srs question

det is there anything about heart/city u do like? srs question

Well it's hardly my fault the club hired an Overpaid Youth Coach for two years and then replaced him with an inexperienced Allround Shit Coach (After wasting funds on the first coach) and then decided to replace him with the original Overpaid Youth Coach after he again failed as a Senior Coach elsewhere.

That is the main thing I and a few others on here complain about and the sad thing is that if we had hired a coach with more Senior Experience even someone with more knowledge of Australian Soccer (Or a need to learn about such things) the club could/should have then been more successful in its infancy and Melbourne Heart may still exist.

So in that regards I do feel resentment towards the the old Heart Administration in hiring these blokes as they created a club which I invested in and spent a lot of time supporting at Home Games, Away Games and even more of my own time away from games in playing a role in Yarraside... and my reward is for this club to die after a very short existence after me having to put up with watching a lot of crap football.

I support Melbourne City and I obv do care a far bit about their performances, I attend all the games if I am not interstate and watch most of their Away Games at The Gimp but I dont see them as a continuation of Melbourne Heart so obviously my attitude towards Melbourne City at times can be pretty apathetic.  

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I dont give a crap what colours PPL wear to games TBH, mainly because I accepted the blatant obvious reality that this was a new club and it was not going to be wearing Red as soon Sidwell sold up to CFG.

At first when I saw PPL draped in Sky Blue one half of my brain said "Why are they so fine with just forgetting about Heart" and then I saw PPL wearing Red and the other side of brain said "Don't these PPL realise that City is not Heart".

So I could ever chose to be pissed off at both sets of Fans for different reasons or just not give a fuck... so I chose the later.

The one obvious exception being when I see PPL supporting City after they made constant large and loud declarations of never supporting City if the new club decided not to keep the Red and White... these PPL dont have any leg to stand on IMO.

Edited by cadete

But Melbourne City is not a new club. Melbourne Heart's new owners re-branded it to Melbourne City.

Fact.

My viewpoint is the opposite but I am honestly envious and glad that you able to see things that way because if that was the case for myself and a lot of the guys I attend the match with then things would have a hell of a lot more meaning for us and also be a lot more enjoyable.

Edited by cadete

When I wear my old Heart gear, it feels like I'm supporting a different club to Melbourne City FC. I now happily support Melbourne City FC and it feels right when im in my City gear.

Heart is where we started, it's a small component on our logo, but we are not the same club. 

At the end of the day I'm happy with our evolution into a new species ... only the strong survive

• Like 2

So do I. And long may it continue.

And one day we'll get a touch of red back in the home kit somewhere.

Hear! Hear! Love the combination of red, white and sky blue... . If they are creative and willing enough, they can put all three colours in our kit. Success on the field is all that matters to me tbh.

For Father's Day I got a Captain America top. I noticed it was blue on top and red and white stripes below. The perfect Melbourne City top.

The NRL have had promo tops before I personally would love to see something like this (I know the American haters and purists would be appalled

sydney-roosters-2015-mens-marvel-captain

Edited by Deeming