Caddy

Bolton

Marrone, Colosimo, Good, Goodwin

Srhoj ---------- Fred*

Germano

Williams* --------- Terra------------ Worm

Bench: Mattie, Hamill, Reid, Babalj

Fred plays 60, Reid comes on for 30.

Terra plays 70-odd as the false 9, then sub on Babalj for Williams shifting Terra.

Hamill cover for whoever.

Fred is much more effective as a starter, it will benifit Reid to come on once the game has opened up, same goes for Babalj, whose been horrible of late.

Edited by LR9

Bolton

Reid ---------- Fred*

Germano

Bench: Mattie, Hamill, Sarkies, Babalj

Terra plays 70-odd as the false 9, then sub on Babalj for Williams shifting Terra.

Fred is much more effective as a starter, it will benifit Reid to come on once the game has opened up, same goes for Babalj, whose been horrible of late.

Pretty sure Shroj is suspended for this game for collecting his 5th yellow card against victory on the weekend so Reid may have to start, otherwise sarkies will and he will come on as a sub

Edited by heart_fan10

Good is seen as the LCB. In the Ajax tradition, this means he would be preferred to Hamill who is seen as a RCB.

I think Good is perhaps better defensively but Hamill is better coming forward.

One consideration might be Hamill to RB and Marrone to CDM. I thought he played that role well against CCM, marking Amini out of the game - of course that was with a 3-man defence.

• Like 1

Novocastria and ourselves are very similiar in the style which we play purist football. Brisbane aside, the two best football teams in terms of style by a long shot.

Newcastle are in a period of transition however and even though they have just came off a 5-2 win against the scum, it's a very good time to play them, salivating clash indeed.

Melbourne - 5

Novocastria - 0

Toporsaurus with 5 oggies.

Edited by Micha

Bolton

Srhoj ---------- Fred*

Germano

Bench: Mattie, Hamill, Reid, Babalj

this except swapping shroj for sarkies as shroj is suspended i've heard.

Wouldn't mind seeing the same set up in the game we won 4-0 at Sydney. Playing on the counter.

Bolton

Hamill - Colosimo - Good

Marrone ------------------------------- Goodwin

Shroj - Germano

Williams - Terra - Worm

We're away to a team that has some momentum coming into the game. They would want to start on the front foot and attack. 5 at the back when defending, then they can bomb forward on the counter.

Edited by jenweya

I think Good is perhaps better defensively but Hamill is better coming forward.

I agree with this. I think Good is a 'safer' player and prefer him as a CB over Hamill. Definitely rate Hamill more further up the ground. Nice to have two young CB's with so much potential, just need to make sure they have good leaders playing beside them in either a 4 man defence or flat back 3.

Melbourne Heart squad:

1.Clint Bolton (GK), 2.Michael Marrone, 3.Brendan Hamill, 4.Simon Colosimo, 5.Fred ©, 7.Rutger Worm, 8.Kristian Sarkies, 9.Maycon, 10.Wayne Srhoj, 11.Alex Terra, 13.Jonatan Germano, 15.David Williams, 18.Curtis Good, 19.Eli Babalj, 26.Paul Reid, 27.Craig Goodwin, 30.Sebastian Mattei (GK)

*two to be omitted*

My take:

----------------------------------------------------------------Eli Babalj----------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Terra-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------David Williams

---------------------------------------Fred ©----------------------------------------Jonathan Germano--------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------Wayne Shroj--------------------------------------------------------------

Craig Goodwin--------------------------Curtis Good-------------Simon Colosimo--------------------------Michael Marrone

------------------------------------------------------------Clint Bolton----------------------------------------------------------------

Subs -

Sebastian Mattei (GK)

Brendan Hamill

Rutger Worm

Kristian Sarkies

Omitted - Maycon & Paul Reid

Edited by MaliMate