Melbourne Football

Song/Chant - We are Melburnians...

mitchellmcleod

if someone even tries to start this, ill personally shove the trumpet up you ass. at least it will sound better than the shit coming out of your mouth.

I would personally love to see you attempt to do that to Tomby.

RIP agoalie. are you a fan of this idea or not haha? can't tell if you're taking the piss bro.

if someone even tries to start this, ill personally shove the trumpet up you ass. at least it will sound better than the shit coming out of your mouth.

I would personally love to see you attempt to do that to Tomby.

RIP agoalie. are you a fan of this idea or not haha? can't tell if you're taking the piss bro.

Sorry, I 100% legit back the idea of the chant, think it will be a brilliant 'ynwa' for the boys.

I'm just concerned for the wellbeing of agoalie, as Tomby really isn't someone you want to be messing around with. Even jokes, he has a 'no tolerance' policy.

• Like 4

As an active member for the past 3 years i strongly support the idea of a pre game song like YNWA. I think everyone here has 2 different ideas that are clashing.

We are melburnians is great, the idea of it, but i don't think as a YNWA type, def a chat during the game. A song pre game with scalfs up is something this club has been crying out for, even now with the whole CFG. I personally like blue moon, i know its a copy of man city but i guess in a way we are part of them. Having also said that one part of me says no because of our roots (red and white). I would like to hear what everyone thinks and if it is really possible to get a pre game scalf up song. 

I officially call out to the person who is in charge of making this decision from an Active member for the last 3 years who is fully paid up and will be attending all our home games and doing an away trip here and there to please consider doing this and choosing the right song.

Even if it means starting a new thread and everyone having an imput. Please this club needs this. Something with a build up something not just active members sing but the whole of aami park. PLEASE! (and not so happy together)

PS. If port Adelaide can do it so can we. 

• Like 1

As an active member for the past 3 years i strongly support the idea of a pre game song like YNWA. I think everyone here has 2 different ideas that are clashing.

We are melburnians is great, the idea of it, but i don't think as a YNWA type, def a chat during the game. A song pre game with scalfs up is something this club has been crying out for, even now with the whole CFG. I personally like blue moon, i know its a copy of man city but i guess in a way we are part of them. Having also said that one part of me says no because of our roots (red and white). I would like to hear what everyone thinks and if it is really possible to get a pre game scalf up song. 

I officially call out to the person who is in charge of making this decision from an Active member for the last 3 years who is fully paid up and will be attending all our home games and doing an away trip here and there to please consider doing this and choosing the right song.

Even if it means starting a new thread and everyone having an imput. Please this club needs this. Something with a build up something not just active members sing but the whole of aami park. PLEASE! (and not so happy together)

great post, i agree 100%

I thought that Muse Invincible would be a great pre game song

"Invincible"

Follow through

Make your dreams come true

Don't give up the fight

You will be alright

'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Don't be afraid

What your mind conceives

You should make a stand

Stand up for what you believe

And tonight

We can truly say

Together we're invincible

During the struggle

They will pull us down

But please, please

Let's use this chance

To turn things around

And tonight

We can truly say

Do it on your own

It makes no difference to me

What you leave behind

What you choose to be

And whatever they say

Your souls unbreakable

During the struggle

They will pull us down

But please, please

Let's use this chance

To turn things around

And tonight

We can truly say

During the struggle

They will pull us down

Please, please

Let's use this chance

To turn things around

And tonight

We can truly say

I thought that Muse Invincible would be a great pre game song

"Invincible"

Follow through

Make your dreams come true

Don't give up the fight

You will be alright

'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Don't be afraid

What your mind conceives

You should make a stand

Stand up for what you believe

And tonight

We can truly say

During the struggle

They will pull us down

But please, please

Let's use this chance

To turn things around

And tonight

We can truly say

Do it on your own

It makes no difference to me

What you leave behind

What you choose to be

And whatever they say

Your souls unbreakable

During the struggle

They will pull us down

But please, please

Let's use this chance

To turn things around

And tonight

We can truly say

During the struggle

They will pull us down

Please, please

Let's use this chance

To turn things around

And tonight

We can truly say

Great tune and if done properly would sound great. only thing is its long. They'd have to display the words up on the scoreboard. (thats is we want the whole aami to sing it)

I officially call out to the person who is in charge of making this decision from an Active member for they last 3 years who is fully paid up and will be attending all our home games and doing an away trip here and there to please consider doing this and choosing the right song.

I love what you said mate. Although my intention for this song was not to be sung before games i was recommending this to be sung during games. But I don't care if it's sung before or during games just as long as we give this is a shot and hopefully becomes a regular occurrence

I officially call out to the person who is in charge of making this decision from an Active member for they last 3 years who is fully paid up and will be attending all our home games and doing an away trip here and there to please consider doing this and choosing the right song.

I love what you said mate. Although my intention for this song was not to be sung before games i was recommending this to be sung during games. But I don't care if it's sung before or during games just as long as we give this is a shot and hopefully becomes a regular occurrence

That I have no doubt, and once it is started it will grow just like :When the hearts go marching in", everyone got involved. Just by reading everyone's comments in this thread i can tell theres 2 ideas and people are getting a bit mixed up. I've been to games all across europe from the greek league to the english, and I can stress how important it is if we as a club want to build an atmosphere b4 the games, and even during the games for that matter. It's probably the only thing im really really trying to make a stand for as an active member is for this to happen, obviously on a song every agrees on. But i think its fundamental for our club, and for the league in some ways or us to stand out, weather or not its an original or a song no1 has done, or using one from a club in europe.  

but in regard to what you suggested i think it's perfect. my idea would be to use that towards an end of a game while we were winning. 

I know this is a bit of a generalization and an obvious call but I fucken love this, (im not a west ham fan) but I wish we could do this, it's just amazing. Prob not this song, (i wish) but what they are doing is breathtaking, and if We could all be apart of this and do it properly, it will set us apart from the others in the league. 

• 2 weeks later...