1. 1. Who Should be Captain?

• Damien Duff
    • Patrick Kisnorbo
    • Robert Koren
    • Aaron Mooy
    • Massimo Murdocca
    • Rob Wielaert
    • Other

Originally thought Wielaart, but ended up with Koren.

Originally thought Koren, but ended up with Wielaert. Switched because I'm tired of the club giving the captaincy to new players. Nonetheless, I think either would do a solid job.

Edited by Murfy1

Again, Paartalu ...

Plays a key position and can be the team's fulcrum, is proven at this level, can score and has scored at critical times over the years during big occasions, will be a 1st choice selection, will be here for 4 years providing longevity, comes from a team with a culture of success, will continue to get socceroo caps, will have a sizeable presence on the pitch, the team can continue to be built around him, etc, etc ....

This has been interesting so far. Take out the obvious "shits n giggles" votes and I'm surprised paartalu has been getting such solid backing, I'm guessing 3rd favourite amongst those on here so far.

Although I am not a supporter of mass for this role I am surprised he only has 1 vote (I assume people are guessing he won't be getting enough game time to be an effective captain)

Edited by Cinnamon

Seriously, why no Hoff?Long standing member of the squad.Starting 11 player.Really positive, hard working, determined guy - we can only benefit if his personality rubs off on the other players.Probably understands the game better than most - it's well known across sports that the guys without a lot of natural ability but who turn into half decent players despite this make the best coaches etc. because they've had to put in more effort and learn what works and what doesn't, etc.Hoffman for captain :up:

Plus he has had experience playing in virtually every position on the park!

Dont want wielaert since he's gonna be gone next season. Then Koren will be the obvious choice for captain without a year of leading the club under his belt.

Koren only signed for 2 years. It is the same argument you made against wielart

If he's captain for 2 seasons ill be happy.