Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dylan

Science 'n' Shit

71 posts in this topic

Space is fuckin' weird and scary. Black holes make me jizz with fear 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, strider said:

Space is fuckin' weird and scary.

True that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

True that.

pls watch this (pee first) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could watch space and physics documentaries all day. Really puts in perspective how insignificant humans are which I find comforting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dylan said:

I could watch space and physics documentaries all day. Really puts in perspective how insignificant humans are which I find comforting. 

A good easy to watch docu-series is "Through the Wormhole". It covers a whole range of things and doesn't really push any theories as being correct, rather it just details the leading theories in certain areas.

It is also narrated by the person who narrates everything....Morgan Freeman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2016 at 3:50 PM, malloy said:

A good easy to watch docu-series is "Through the Wormhole". It covers a whole range of things and doesn't really push any theories as being correct, rather it just details the leading theories in certain areas.

It is also narrated by the person who narrates everything....Morgan Freeman

Yeah those are pretty good. The ones that Brian Greene host are good too. Although I think he mainly hosts the ones on string theory

On 15/07/2015 at 3:07 AM, Jun said:

Like when Sci-Fi regularly portrays space-faring humans as benevolent. Bullshit, we're going to be the boogiemen of the galaxy.

Too late

 

http://www.sciencealert.com/aliens-are-silent-because-they-re-dead-say-experts

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dylan said:

China just broke their record :P

Cheeky bastards! Probably did it months ago but just waited until Germany did it to release it just to one-up them. Can only see two countries racing to better one another as a good thing tbh. Means we might start seeing some real progress sooner than we thought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2016 at 9:18 AM, GreenSeater said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/nuclear-fusion-greifswald-1.3431541 pretty awesome day for science yesterday. Small beginnings, but quite possibly the start of something huge for humanity

20 years ago I'd have agreed 100%.  Now I wonder.  Centralised powered production transmitted to a grid is starting to look a bit "old hat".  there is a lot of on site generation now, who knows what the centralised demand will be by the time this advance is realised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

20 years ago I'd have agreed 100%.  Now I wonder.  Centralised powered production transmitted to a grid is starting to look a bit "old hat".  there is a lot of on site generation now, who knows what the centralised demand will be by the time this advance is realised.

Yeah I tend to agree. Photovoltaic efficiency and energy storage will probably be very very advanced by the time fusion comes around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Saddest part is we will all be dead long before anything comes of it 

Exactly how I feel about CFG's investment in Melbourne City

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Saddest part is we will all be dead long before anything comes of it 

For all we know those planets have already been destroyed by an asteroid 39 years ago :up:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Born too late to explore the world

Born too early to explore the universe

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Born just in time to browse dank memes

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, strider said:

Born just in time to browse dank memes

But we fought in the meme wars of 2016 and pepe won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, strider said:

Born just in time to browse dank memes

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0