Melbourne Football

SFC VS MCFC - Round 1

Ruckoo

I'm confused.

I go to book active bronze and it puts you on the bloody wing.

I thought active support was bing the goals.

What tickets should we be getting?

I'm the same mate. Just went to buy a ticket and found that Away Active - Bronz is on the wing (Bay38 is where it's putting me). 

Strange!

Anyway I'm going to my first away game and at this point I won't have anyone coming with me so hope to meet some of you guys there! 

• Like 1

I'm confused.

I go to book active bronze and it puts you on the bloody wing.

I thought active support was bing the goals.

What tickets should we be getting?

I'm the same mate. Just went to buy a ticket and found that Away Active - Bronz is on the wing (Bay38 is where it's putting me). 

Strange!

Anyway I'm going to my first away game and at this point I won't have anyone coming with me so hope to meet some of you guys there! 

Just a thought. Surely we haven't filled up the three allocated active bays already but if we have, they may be expanding the active bays all the way to the silver away section. 

Possibility

Yeah well on the ticket summary page it says I'm in Away-active but on the ticket there's no mention of active anyway. Just says Wanderers Silver on it. So I'm thinking they've expanded the active area in the same way that they do for Sydney v WSW games, where there's larger active crowds. 

Pretty damn excited for this game! 

Do you guys have a usual hangout pre game in Sydney?

All booked  for the misses and I

I called them direct and got 2 tickets in Bay 2. Apparently Bay 3 wasnt available so id assume that its possibly sold out.

I was gonna book em online, but i dont want  to fly down for an away game with Bay 38 seats thinking i can just walk in and sit behind the goals only to get told i have to sit in my allocated seat.

Yeah well on the ticket summary page it says I'm in Away-active but on the ticket there's no mention of active anyway. Just says Wanderers Silver on it. So I'm thinking they've expanded the active area in the same way that they do for Sydney v WSW games, where there's larger active crowds. 

Pretty damn excited for this game! 

Do you guys have a usual hangout pre game in Sydney?

I've done a few away games, but not a Sydney FC away, but from what Jimmy said, drinks will be at the Sydney Imperial

• Like 1

For all those freaking out about tickets, pay attention.

This is what will happen.

-You buy the cheapest away bay ticket available.

-You all meet up in Sydney on the day, and head to the game as one.

-Due to numbers, the attendants and such will not give a fuck as to who's got what ticket, as long as its valid to attend the game in question.

-You'll all walk into the away bay, and find that there was no way in hell it was ever going to sell out, as it's fucking huge.

-You'll then spend the game with 200 people looking like 20 due to the fact the group looks tiny in comparison to the space around you.

Relax, you'll manage to get a seat.

This. Just buy the cheapest available away ticket and get to the Paddington Imperial and have a drink.
  • Like 1

-Due to numbers, the attendants and such will not give a fuck as to who's got what ticket, as long as its valid to attend the game in question.

-You'll all walk into the away bay, and find that there was no way in hell it was ever going to sell out, as it's fucking huge.

-You'll then spend the game with 200 people looking like 20 due to the fact the group looks tiny in comparison to the space around you.

This. Just buy the cheapest available away ticket and get to the Paddington Imperial and have a drink

well said jimmy

• Like 1

This. Just buy the cheapest available away ticket and get to the Paddington Imperial and have a drink.

I am intending to drink as much as humanly possible.

The one great thing about games in NSW is that they sell Canadian Club at the ground.

AAMI Park take note

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 3

Who buys tickets to an away game before the trip? :droy:

Either SM rocks up to the pub with a bunch of free tickets or you buy a ticket at the match :up:

Ive been to away trips and the only time we got a freebie from SM was the first ever WSW away game and it wasnt even in the away bay and after trying to get in there, a few of us said fuck it and bought tickets anyway. :droy:

Last thing i want is that head fuck again especially afer far too many cc and cokes :up:

Speaking of WSW, fuck me that is by far the worst away trip i've been too. Fuckin fully sick bumb bag wearing cunts :angry:

Either SM rocks up to the pub with a bunch of free tickets or you buy a ticket at the match :up:

Ive been to away trips and the only time we got a freebie from SM was the first ever WSW away game and it wasnt even in the away bay and after trying to get in there, a few of us said fuck it and bought tickets anyway. :droy:

Last thing i want is that head fuck again especially afer far too many cc and cokes :up:

Speaking of WSW, fuck me that is by far the worst away trip i've been too. Fuckin fully sick bumb bag wearing cunts :angry:

10/10 trip THB. The undercover security were hilarious. Don't remember having any issues getting in, but then I don't really remember much before the game. Probably have had free tickets to at least half the away games I've been too. No idea if it will continue now with Melbourne City, always was nice of the club to hook up free tickets for the fans that spent a bunch of time and money getting to an away game.

• Like 2

9 of us brought our tickets yesterday.. Map on the ticketing site confused the fuck out of us saying the away area is behind the goals then telling us we are in bay 38 on the wing! but looks like that's where we are all going to be. 

Cannot wait til we slide 5 past those pricks!   :wormy:

Edited by R410

9 of us brought our tickets yesterday.. Map on the ticketing site confused the fuck out of us saying the away area is behind the goals then telling us we are in bay 38 on the wing! but looks like that's where we are all going to be. 

Cannot wait til we slide 5 past those pricks!   :wormy:

I called them up direct to get mine behind the goals.

Think most people will head there anyways

• Like 1

10/10 trip THB. The undercover security were hilarious. Don't remember having any issues getting in, but then I don't really remember much before the game. Probably have had free tickets to at least half the away games I've been too. No idea if it will continue now with Melbourne City, always was nice of the club to hook up free tickets for the fans that spent a bunch of time and money getting to an away game.

Whole day was pretty ratshit...

As the only other half sober person that was there in Bannon will confirm...

Parramatta is a shithole, its Cops are worse, however that Shinji Ono chant was still easily the worst part of the day.

• Like 1

Whole day was pretty ratshit...

As the only other half sober person that was there in Bannon will confirm...

Parramatta is a shithole, its Cops are worse, however that Shinji Ono chant was still easily the worst part of the day.

Mate I cant agree more.

Probably add security into all that and you'd have it 100% spot on.

My highlight of that trip though was giving the big "up yours" to the RBB while walking to the ground. Probably wasnt a great idea at the time considering they all charged at me right after that, but im still alive so all good B)

Alright people potentially pretty important, to all who had bought away active bronze tickets and been assigned bay 38, call ticketek now because i just had a lengthy 25 minute argument with a stubborn and empty headed receptionist who was adament that i would not be allowed entry into bay 2. She asked the manager and then recognised that the change was wrong and they would be moving me to bay 2, which she then repeated is something they normally dont do

Look i may be going overboad and the more seasoned travellers may be right in that they dont care once you re in the ground, but if youre like me and wanna make sure i suggest calling them sooner rather than later. And ask them to look at the seating map, which will show bay 38 is not an active away bay, and so they have to move you or else the ticket doesnt correspond with the description. Sorry for long message.

Who buys tickets to an away game before the trip? :droy:Either SM rocks up to the pub with a bunch of free tickets or you buy a ticket at the match :up:

This. I sent him a message on twitter about a nyl game that was on the day after heart were playing in the seniors in Perth. End up with ten tickets in my letterbox five days later.

Who buys tickets to an away game before the trip? :droy:Either SM rocks up to the pub with a bunch of free tickets or you buy a ticket at the match :up:

This. I sent him a message on twitter about a nyl game that was on the day after heart were playing in the seniors in Perth. End up with ten tickets in my letterbox five days later.

SM shouts tickets but CM shouts beers...

This is how I would like to see our Round 1 team formation:

Velaphi

Germano   -   Wieleart   -   Kisnorbo   -   Garuccio

(Foreign) DM

Mooy          -           Koren

Duff                   -               Williams

Villa

Bench: Redmayne, Archibald, Murdocca, Dugandzic, Marino

Close to being picked, Hoffman, Retre, Mauk, Kalmar, Ramsay

This is how I would like to see our Round 1 team formation:

Velaphi

Germano   -   Wieleart   -   Kisnorbo   -   Garuccio