Melbourne Football

Marc Marino

BeardedHeart

If most of you read my posts correctly you would realise it was more to do with the idea of having Harry as an impact sub and my reasoning behind this.

But again, the inability to comprehend the written word of a few posters  led to a state on confusion and misunderstanding.

Again I will repeat, if Harry would be more valuable as an impact sub for the reasons I have already mentioned, which of coarse is open for discussion, then perhaps Marino is a starter. Not saying that Marino is better than Harry at all, however the question is whether Harry would be more valuable to the team as a sub.

10 hours ago, playmaker said:

If most of you read my posts correctly you would realise it was more to do with the idea of having Harry as an impact sub and my reasoning behind this.

But again, the inability to comprehend the written word of a few posters  led to a state on confusion and misunderstanding.

Again I will repeat, if Harry would be more valuable as an impact sub for the reasons I have already mentioned, which of coarse is open for discussion, then perhaps Marino is a starter. Not saying that Marino is better than Harry at all, however the question is whether Harry would be more valuable to the team as a sub.

Your question on whether Harry is more valuable to the team on the bench and to be played as an impact player is very obvious.

NO. 

• Like 2

On 06/04/2016 at 7:14 AM, Jovan said:

Your question on whether Harry is more valuable to the team on the bench and to be played as an impact player is very obvious.

NO. 

Your right, he should just get the fk out of this club all together.

Edited by playmaker

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 0:39 AM, playmaker said:

Your right, he should just get the fk out of this club all together.

I have to admit I have never played the game as I dont have the time for such things... but I would love to see your "Pro Koren/Anti Harry" inspired moves on FM.

When does a player cease to be #yoof?

More interestingly, since the vast majority of #yoof players will at best amount to being a useful a-league backup player ( most won't even achieve that), and given that the #yoof brigade are also generally unable to understand the concept of a useful backup player on low wage in a salary capped league, when does the transition from #yoof to "dump him for a #yoof player"  happen?  And how does this work in the head of the #yoof brigade, do you just wake up one morning and decide a player isn't #yoof anymore? 

12 hours ago, cadete said:

I have to admit I have never played the game as I dont have the time for such things... but I would love to see your "Pro Koren/Anti Harry" inspired moves on FM.

Oh you are incorrect, in fact, if you want to be accurate then I suggest you reread my opinions, which were pro both players until they both created disharmony in our great club. I still hope Harry's head gets right, but if not he needs to be shown the door.

12 hours ago, Tesla said:

More interestingly, since the vast majority of #yoof players will at best amount to being a useful a-league backup player ( most won't even achieve that), and given that the #yoof brigade are also generally unable to understand the concept of a useful backup player on low wage in a salary capped league, when does the transition from #yoof to "dump him for a #yoof player"  happen?  And how does this work in the head of the #yoof brigade, do you just wake up one morning and decide a player isn't #yoof anymore? 

Good question. My take on yoof is that as soon as they are ineligible for a yoof contract then they can no longer be classified as yoof. When should a useful player be moved on? No one has the right answer for that (I have spoken to mates who are heavily involved in the AFL) and they say it is a judgement thing that bedevils all sports and clubs. An example of the AFL is that Ted Richards was continually overlooked by Sheedy who did not think that he would progress but once he went to Sydney he became a premiership player, all australian and captain. Sheedy is also on the record that he was on the verge of axing a young Jobe Watson. Velaphi was a journeyman yet last season once he supplanted Redmayne had a fantastic season. So it will come down to the coaching staff judgement as to whether a backup player is kept and whether a yoof player can be developed to supplant them. At season's end, Trifiro would be on a knife edge position as Mooy is expected to depart, Caceres will be bought by the club and Ratten (?) will be brought in. I don't follow the NPL sides but the club would be looking at bringing someone in that they can develop as well. The real task would be of course left up to next season's manager but somehow I suspect that some players would be released before that is known.

On 21/04/2016 at 7:15 PM, Tesla said:

anecdotally till he is 24.

I would say 20-21.

That is why I used to hate it in the Heart years when we signed 'youth', who were already 18-19, surely there would be some promising kids at 16 with some 18 yr olds from around Aus who would benefit from a professional environment and facilities.

I am so glad we have a NPL team

• 1 month later...

He is no longer a City Player, he now plays for a club with a genuine world class bunch of spastics as a supporter base who spend most of their time posing for Instagram photos than anything else

Therefore I hope things go downhill for him from here.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, cadete said:

He is no longer a City Player, he now plays for a club with a genuine world class bunch of spastics as a supporter base who spend most of their time posing for Instagram photos than anything else

The amount of stupid hype he's gotten on this forum alone is enough for me to feel that way.

One of the most overrated young players we've had at the club, and that's saying a lot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Embee said:

The amount of stupid hype he's gotten on this forum alone is enough for me to feel that way.

One of the most overrated young players we've had at the club, and that's saying a lot.

No fear we've still got Kuzi.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Embee said:

Tend to agree. If we were going to keep either of them, I'd have preferred Wade Dekker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Embee said:

...damn, who's going to start ahead of Novillo now.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cadete said:

"Ultras" too afraid to take a drum even when it's about 15 v 3

15 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

"Ultras" too afraid to take a drum even when it's about 15 v 3

Credit where credit is due... they have achieved their goal as a group of possessing every Colourway of Adidas Hamburgs except those in Navy and White.

Edited by cadete

• 1 year later...