Melbourne Football

Friday night HAL on SBS

belaguttman

For those without Foxtel, the good news is that this year the Friday night games are being broadcast in HD on SBS ONE. Here's the bad news, the frequency of team appearances seems to be based on entertainment value, of course Heart was certainly not entertaining last season so we get few games. I feels sorry for Phoenix fans though.

Visitors  10

Roar    8

AU    7

SFC    6

Jets   5

WSW  4

Melbourne  4

CCM   3 (LOL)

Perth    1

Nix    zilch!

Edited by belaguttman

Perhaps someone can explain it to me why is issnt, but I think this is a bit of a nothing story. I dont think the different digital channels compared to the main channel of a station matters that much anymore. Especially with SBS. It was on HD last year anyway on channel 30 and I dont think SBS one is HD anyway....But I could be wrong with that.

Not suprised to see tasmania getting the most games. I am just sick of us getting fucking sunday afternoon all the time. 

Edited by Dylan

Perhaps someone can explain it to me why is issnt, but I think this is a bit of a nothing story. I dont think the different digital channels compared to the main channel of a station matters that much anymore. Especially with SBS. It was on HD last year anyway on channel 30 and I dont think SBS one is HD anyway....But I could be wrong with that.

Not suprised to see tasmania getting the most games. I am just sick of us getting fucking sunday afternoon all the time. 

SBS One is not HD, but SBS HD (which is basically SBS One) is.

• Like 1

I don't mind not having Friday night matches,  though the TV coverage is good to pick up new fans who may watch, that said, if we play crap then we wont pick up any new fans

Gee as a Melbourne Rebel fan, every home match was a Friday night, that gets tiresome for a whole season

SBS reckon it'll rate better on 1, I have no idea but they know their ratings better than me. Hopefully they are right.

It's quite simple this move. The digital channels don't rate anywhere like the main channels. Even with the extra capacity provided by the digital channels, the networks still use their main channel as the flagship.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/seven-tops-tv-ratings-for-year-20131201-2yjw2.html

The best rating for a non-main channel was GO! 4.20%. SBS2 was a paltry 0.8% :droy:   while SBS ONE was 4.5%

2013 TV ratings: by the numbers

Networks ranked on a combined* basis (*Main channel plus digital channels)

Seven: 30.70% 
Nine: 28.60% 
Ten: 17.20% 
ABC: 18.10% 
SBS: 5.50% 

Channels ranked on an individual basis 

Seven 22.90% 
Nine 20.90% 
ABC1 13.50% 
Ten 11.80% 
SBS ONE 4.50% 
GO! 4.20% 
7TWO 4.10% 
7mate 3.70% 
Gem 3.50% 
ELEVEN 3.00% 
ABC2 2.80% 
ONE 2.30% 
ABC News 24 1.10% 
SBS2 0.80% 
ABC3 0.70% 

• Like 2

I don't really care about our matches on SBS, but seeing the amount of games some teams get compared to others is a bit crap. I know they want to put the 'bigger' rating teams on, but it isn't close to being balanced !!

Perhaps the best thing to keep the comp fair is for the FFA to incorporate a cap on how many FTA games each team gets. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...