Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs Hume City - 7:30 KO - 19/08/2014

THB

We already own the city... why not venture out and claim the rest of Victoria? 

Before we know it we'll have fans all over the place (I'm sure we already do) and those spuds in navy blue will end up representing Tasmania 

...they already do, and they've been pushed further south now to Hobart.

I'n a few years it'll be 'Casey Base' Victory

• Like 1

We already own the city... why not venture out and claim the rest of Victoria? 

Before we know it we'll have fans all over the place (I'm sure we already do) and those spuds in navy blue will end up representing Tasmania 

...they already do, and they've been pushed further south now to Hobart.

I'n a few years it'll be 'Casey Base' Victory

Lol, give it 10 years: "Antarctica Victory"

Ps. in for this +2 mates

• Like 1

I don't  think there is anywhere close to the ground to have a meet up

nah no pubs close enough its my area I know this and the closest pub is 3.5 kms away and 40 mins of walking from it to the ground, its not ideal so no idea what we can do....unless we all wanna meet up in some court/or local street couple hundred meters away and start walking from it?

Thats up to you guys and the Melburnian core organisers.

• Like 3

PREVIEW: Pre-season rolls on against Hume City

Monday, 18 August 2014

Melbourne City FC will face Victorian NPL side Hume City on Tuesday night as the Club steps up its preparations for the 2014/15 Hyundai A-League Season.

Following last Tuesday's Westfield FFA Cup exit, Melbourne City FC will turn its attention to a busy pre-season schedule which includes trips to Alice Springs, Lismore, Bendigo and Tuesday night's clash at Broadmeadows Valley Park.

The squad will head into the game with a clean bill of health after a tiring 120 minutes last week and will look to test the full depth of the side in the Club’s first local hit-out since arriving back from the UK.

International marquee Robert Koren could potentially play a role in the pre-season fixture with Head Coach John van’t Schip wary of the short period Koren has been training with the side in the country.

Hume City’s latest result was a 1-0 loss to the Ballarat Red Devils on Sunday afternoon with the Broadmeadows-based side sitting 5th in the Victorian NPL.

With a mix of youth and experience, Hume City include the likes of Richie Cardozo, Christopher Cristaldo and Kliment Taseski who have all played professionally at national league level.

This is the perfect opportunity for fans and members to see Melbourne City FC in action this pre-season with entry for members FREE.

Members are required to display Photo ID at the gate and a Club representative will check your name off the 2014/15 members list.

Membership marquees will be available on the day; however, the best way to secure a Melbourne City FC membership is by signing up HERE: membership.melbournecityfc.com.au

Match Details

Pre-Season Friendly

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Hume City vs. Melbourne City FC

Broadmeadows Valley Park

Kick-Off: 7.30pm

Tickets

Adults: $10

Concession: $5

Members and Under 14: FREE

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/preview-pre-season-rolls-on-against-hume-city/ukmvt3x4j412136us5ay9yhvf

Cant wait for this game...

Victory beat this team 4-1 a few weeks ago.. will be interesting to see how we go.. I'm expecting a massive improvement tactically and much more goal scoring opportunities created and goals from our boys.. really disappointed with the FFA Cup lose to Sydney.

Our team will be a full strength today with all player available...

Also expecting a much greater level of performance from Ramsay, Kalmar, Willo, Wielaert and Murdocca... I would love to see T. Velaphi in between the sticks and see how he can better link up with our defenders.

Excited to see Koren, Duff and Mooy...

Victory beat this team 4-1 a few weeks ago.. will be interesting to see how we go.. I'm expecting a massive improvement tactically and much more goal scoring opportunities created and goals from our boys.. really disappointed with the FFA Cup lose to Sydney.

Also expecting a much greater level of performance from Ramsay, Kalmar, Willo, Wielaert and Murdocca... I would love to see T. Velaphi in between the sticks and see how he can better link up with our defenders.

Personally I hope Ramsay's car breaks down on the way to the game as I really CBF watching that bloke fuck around with the ball on another freezing Winter night.

• Like 3

Victory beat this team 4-1 a few weeks ago.. will be interesting to see how we go.. I'm expecting a massive improvement tactically and much more goal scoring opportunities created and goals from our boys.. really disappointed with the FFA Cup lose to Sydney.

Also expecting a much greater level of performance from Ramsay, Kalmar, Willo, Wielaert and Murdocca... I would love to see T. Velaphi in between the sticks and see how he can better link up with our defenders.

Personally I hope Ramsay's car breaks down on the way to the game as I really CBF watching that bloke fuck around with the ball on another freezing Winter night.

He has to have the weirdest sprinting action I've ever seen.

Victory beat this team 4-1 a few weeks ago.. will be interesting to see how we go.. I'm expecting a massive improvement tactically and much more goal scoring opportunities created and goals from our boys.. really disappointed with the FFA Cup lose to Sydney.

Also expecting a much greater level of performance from Ramsay, Kalmar, Willo, Wielaert and Murdocca... I would love to see T. Velaphi in between the sticks and see how he can better link up with our defenders.

Every A-League player has their own obvious limitations as if they did not they would not be playing A-League...

I just feel ATM that Ramsey's are too large for him to be a consistent A-League performer. 

he runs a bit like a gymnastic with the stiff straight arm actions

I was hoping that Dugandzic and Redmayne were dropped for a shit display against Sydney, but then i saw that Ramsay is starting.... so there goes that theory. Strong side though, id expect a much more polished performance considering we're versing a lower quality opposition + Koren making his debut which adds a bit more quality on the ball

he runs a bit like a gymnastic with the stiff straight arm actions

Just like this guy...

http://youtu.be/EmLEb1mHwxs

Infact the end result is very similar too

• Like 1