Melbourne Football

Dugandzic Appreciation thread

mario

Remember watching him back at Melbourne Knights when he use to play there. Has improved a considerable amount since those days. Ever since the last derby though.. it's almost like he doesn't seem comfortable or enjoy being on the pitch. Just my two cents.

Edit due to DutchPride: Not including the Sydney game ^_^

Edited by stephaniexo

Remember watching him back at Melbourne Knights when he use to play there. Has improved a considerable amount since those days. Ever since the last derby though.. it's almost like he doesn't seem comfortable or enjoy being on the pitch. Just my two cents.

Nonetheless was a machine at VPL level.

That goes without saying. In most cases with experience comes skill and he's proved that over the course of then up till now. I'm surprised another European club didn't try and snatch him up after his trial in Croatia.

I am pretty sure there would of been other offers, he was offered a Five year deal and played on loan elsewhere in Croatia.

He quite rightly realised that he gone to Europe too earlier and his career has benefited from a return to Australia.

He will go again, and I am pretty sure he will succeed this time.

I just hope we get one more season of him, however I doubt it.

I am pretty sure there would of been other offers, he was offered a Five year deal and played on loan elsewhere in Croatia.

He quite rightly realised that he gone to Europe too earlier and his career has benefited from a return to Australia.

He will go again, and I am pretty sure he will succeed this time.

I just hope we get one more season of him, however I doubt it.

He'll stay until end of next season & then leave on a free.

Still thinking why was there a Jason Hoffman thread before a Dugandzic thread?

Anyways best player at our club this current season, going to get very big if he keeps playing the football he is playing.

hope he stays at heart for many years to come, but it seems unlikely.

He's dropped from his dizzying starts from the kick off of the season, and is back now onto human level.

Hopefully he can get a kick on and finish the season strongly and even earn an overseas contract this season.

It would be great to see him here for a season but a fee would be lovely too.

Dutchy is right, his age means clubs will wait an extra year.

Personally I hope he goes at the end of this year and makes us cash for a quality import (Sibon like - not Maycon like).

And then Mate flops in Europe and comes back to us as an ultimate A League soft track bully year after year Archie Thompson style.

Edited by cadete

>.< I had to read the comment above my own a few times before logic sank in. I think what cadete is trying to say is that Mate plays 1000 times better when he has the influence of Fred also on the pitch (totally correct me if I'm wrong though). The two have very distinct personal playing styles so comparing them is pretty much useless.

At the start of the season the guy was unreal, he was just walking through the opposition defence. Dont know why he has fallen off so much

it is because teams have worked him out and now when he is on the ball he will have two defenders come out to him to defend, but it isn't his fault the rest of the team can't utilise the space that is brought about due to them double marking him. if the rest of the team could utilise this space you would find that opposition teams could only afford to have one man marking duga because of the what the rest of the team will do if they double up on him.