Melbourne Football

The Glory Hole Crypto Pyramid (Perth Thread)

Dylan

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm thinking that Wellington are also going to be good this season.

I think theyll improve a bit, but not contenders.

Still early days with plenty more signings to be made, but at this stage Perth and City for me, Sydney third and then Welly, Mongs, Adelaide and WSW scrapping for the bottom three spots. Brisbane, CCM and Newy to be well off the pace.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I'm thinking that Wellington are also going to be good this season.

We haven't seen any transfers from them yet during the off season have we?

Only the two from Victory that were announced last season.

Depends who they sign from here on out, they've let go of a lot of players, but probably only Muscat and Powell who are any sort of loss.

So I agree, with the roster and cap space they are sitting on right now, if they make some good signings before the season starts they could be a top 4 team under Merrick.

Could see Bonevacia having a very very good season now that he isn't the only quality player playing with a bunch of state league players.

21 hours ago, Tesla said:

We haven't seen any transfers from them yet during the off season have we?

Only the two from Victory that were announced last season.

Depends who they sign from here on out, they've let go of a lot of players, but probably only Muscat and Powell who are any sort of loss.

So I agree, with the roster and cap space they are sitting on right now, if they make some good signings before the season starts they could be a top 4 team under Merrick.

Could see Bonevacia having a very very good season now that he isn't the only quality player playing with a bunch of state league players.

I remember us having a crack at Bonevacia last season. If only we pulled it off. The usual response to that happening would be a lot of confidence of us winning the title....But JVS

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Changes at Perth:

Perth Glory have today confirmed that 10 players will depart the club following the conclusion of the 2016/17 Hyundai A-League season.

PLAYERS DEPARTING

• Dino DJULBIC
• Richard GARCIA (retirement)
• Lucian GOIAN (short term injury replacement)
• Nebosja MARINKOVIC
• Mitch OXBORROW
• Jordan THURTELL
• Kosta PETRATOS (to Newcastle Jets)
• Josh RISDON 
• Aryn WILLIAMS
• Rhys WILLIAMS

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

• Diego CASTRO (marquee player)
• Joel CHIANESE (winger)
• Nick FEELY (goalkeeper)
• Liam REDDY (goalkeeper) 

CONTRACTED PLAYERS

Shane LOWRY, Alex GRANT, Chris HAROLD, Andy KEOGH, Adam TAGGART, Joseph MILLS, Rostyn GRIFFITHS and Brandon WILSON already have existing contracts for next season.

Negotiations are on-going with remaining players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You'd be seriously worried if you were a Perth fan atm imo. Beaten by state league opposition in a friendly, and then comprehensively beaten in the cup by NPL opposition, plus the loss of Griffiths, Risdon and Williams who were all in their top 5 players last season. I think Brimmer is their only 1st XI recruit of note so far yes??

43 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Rostyn Griffiths has left Perth...to go to Tashkent of all places. Quoted as saying "where the A-League is at financially" is one of his reasons.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/transfer-news-perth-glory-captain-departs-club/9sm3l4kp7zqa1ijaf2azfgo5e

you're a long time retired as a sportsman, so taking the cash while you can, is always an option

good luck .........

50 minutes ago, bt50 said:

You'd be seriously worried if you were a Perth fan atm imo. Beaten by state league opposition in a friendly, and then comprehensively beaten in the cup by NPL opposition, plus the loss of Griffiths, Risdon and Williams who were all in their top 5 players last season. I think Brimmer is their only 1st XI recruit of note so far yes??

Still 2 months of pre season to go. But the early signs are worrying. 

Just now, Jovan said:

Still 2 months of pre season to go. But the early signs are worrying. 

Oh absolutely, I wouldnt be writing them off by any stretch, especially as Castro didnt play but yeh imagine the state of the forum if it was us...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

they've also signed Nichols, Neville and Poscoliero but when you compare these 3 to the 3 they've lost, they're all downgrades.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Perth are flying since they picked up that new gun midfielder. Made a huge difference, I guess they were just lucky there was a player of that talent on the market.

Where did he come from anyway?

Going to be interesting to see if they can sneak into 6th.

Yes. Whatever happens in the closing weeks, that very curious decision remains a stain on Joyce's cloth for 2017-18.

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Perth are flying since they picked up that new gun midfielder. Made a huge difference, I guess they were just lucky there was a player of that talent on the market.

Where did he come from anyway?

Going to be interesting to see if they can sneak into 6th.

He's certainly improved them no end

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Yes. Whatever happens in the closing weeks, that very curious decision remains a stain on Joyce's cloth for 2017-18.

Brown, not white

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of a salty discharge from the Glory Hole

Perth Glory can confirm that Adam Taggart has parted company with the club and signed with Brisbane Roar.

The 24-year-old rejoined Glory for a second spell in 2016 and scored 20 goals in 38 appearance over the course of the next two seasons.

The club is bitterly disappointed to have lost a player upon whom it took a huge gamble after injuries had stalled his career.

Glory played a key role in Adam's return to Australia, but despite a very strong offer from us to retain his services which would would have made him our highest-paid player, he opted to leave in a manner which showed no gratitude for the way he had been treated by the club.

It is also very disappointing that we were only made aware of his decision via an announcement from another club.

Further announcements regarding the squad for the 2018-19 season will be made in the very near future.

#CREATEDESTINY

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

Bit of a salty discharge from the Glory Hole

Perth Glory can confirm that Adam Taggart has parted company with the club and signed with Brisbane Roar.

The 24-year-old rejoined Glory for a second spell in 2016 and scored 20 goals in 38 appearance over the course of the next two seasons.

The club is bitterly disappointed to have lost a player upon whom it took a huge gamble after injuries had stalled his career.

Glory played a key role in Adam's return to Australia, but despite a very strong offer from us to retain his services which would would have made him our highest-paid player, he opted to leave in a manner which showed no gratitude for the way he had been treated by the club.

It is also very disappointing that we were only made aware of his decision via an announcement from another club.

Further announcements regarding the squad for the 2018-19 season will be made in the very near future.

#CREATEDESTINY

I'm pleased to see Perth do this. About time clubs spoke out about the way some of the players treat them.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I'm pleased to see Perth do this. About time clubs spoke out about the way some of the players treat them.

Seriously. 

If that has come out of a proffessional club its an utter disgrace. Clubs at the proffessional level need to be above petty bitterness. Idiots.

• Like 1