Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

16 minutes ago, Forever City said:

I think @thisphantomfortress and @BeardedHeart could tell there experiences about the whole swearing situaition.

Not something worth stressing over IMO.

The requests/suggestions were made via direct contact with the terrace a few times and were brought up by other members in the FRG more than once. The pressure was never really intense at all tbh, always felt to me like the club were just doing it to say that they had.

1 hour ago, Embee said:

The requests/suggestions were made via direct contact with the terrace a few times and were brought up by other members in the FRG more than once. The pressure was never really intense at all tbh, always felt to me like the club were just doing it to say that they had.

I just think it has become more of an issue than before, maybe it's because it's more public knowledge than before hand? Everytime I'm in the terrace I hear "don't swear in the mega".

9 minutes ago, Forever City said:

I just think it has become more of an issue than before, maybe it's because it's more public knowledge than before hand? Everytime I'm in the terrace I hear "don't swear in the mega".

Capo swearing into the mega is a slightly different issue tbh, and we received more pressure around that than the overall swearing of the terrace itself.

That being said, we normally only heard about it on the occasions where @BeardedHeart referred to the people up the back as cunts. ;)

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Embee said:

Capo swearing into the mega is a slightly different issue tbh, and we received more pressure around that than the overall swearing of the terrace itself.

That being said, we normally only heard about it on the occasions where @BeardedHeart referred to the people up the back as cunts. ;)

@Embee My mistake i was referring to the capo swearing on the mega. 

1 hour ago, Embee said:

@Embee I'll take your advice on this. If you think it should be on my list to the FRG member I'll put it on - if not I won't. My own feeling is that the Terrace is its own thing and has its own dialogue with the club and doesn't really need the FRG's time?

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Embee I'll take your advice on this. If you think it should be on my list to the FRG member I'll put it on - if not I won't. My own feeling is that the Terrace is its own thing and has its own dialogue with the club and doesn't really need the FRG's time?

Nah, probably not worth it I'd say, although tbf I can't really speak for the group anymore as I moved away after last season.

During my time we usually had a rep at the FRG, but that was mainly so other members could dialogue with the terrace rather than us asking things of the club.

Edited by Embee

@Embee has nailed it. Basically any time they contacted me it was a ticking the box exercise, they don't actually care. The only times they were genuinely pissed was when capo's (not myself cause I am universally loved and respected) called people in GA and the terrace "cunts." IMO this is entirely fair enough, people are there for the game not the capo's ego trips.

I'd like the franchise to offer more options for out of Melbourne season ticket holders. All I can buy is a 5 game GA ticket, boring. If I go I want to keep 'sitting' in active but there are no 5 game active options. if I have to upgrade my ticket to City Blue every game then I just won't bother. Make it easier for me, not harder, I'm driving 320km each way as it is.

• Like 2

Why is cityzens being neglected when it has been promoted as a membership benefit
Why is the away kit so poorly made with massive league logo and sponsor stickers 
Can anything be done about slow security getting into the ground, fuck all workers means big lines 
Can be difficult finding game programmes, often nobody at rod laver side stairs and still rarely programmes at merch stand

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

Why is cityzens being neglected when it has been promoted as a membership benefit
Why is the away kit so poorly made with massive league logo and sponsor stickers 
Can anything be done about slow security getting into the ground, fuck all workers means big lines 
Can be difficult finding game programmes, often nobody at rod laver side stairs and still rarely programmes at merch stand

Agree with all of this

In addition

-Can we get more info on players injury status etc

-More of those weekly training videos (I forget the name) but same as Manchester City have

-For Talking City to have more access to the club

Oh and

-WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE ROSS SITUATION! Was it us, Villa, or HAL Rules?

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Keep going lads. I'm noting them all down.

-Doesnt concern me too much anymore but what happened to the 'International Membership' Option? I was devasted not to continue my Pin collection this season

-What is their opinon on the current Salary cap, Visa limit (3+1 in the future) etc.

-What is their opinon on expansion, should it happen and would they like a 3rd Melbourne team?

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Should have a poll on what are the more ‘important’ questions imo.

otherwise they will all get diluted if there are too many 

@Dylan I'm grouping them. For example, there are on-going comments about "identity", so I will be grouping these under one heading.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

also what is going on with this Etihad guest bullshit? 
thought I read during round 1 that your entry will be valid for every game but nothing has come back and I've only seen @[LIBBA] get city class tickets early on
is anyone actually getting anything?
all comps should be In member emails and less on facebook/twitter for scabs that wouldn't attend if they didn't even have tickets/membership 

4 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

also what is going on with this Etihad guest bullshit? 
thought I read during round 1 that your entry will be valid for every game but nothing has come back and I've only seen @[LIBBA] get city class tickets early on
is anyone actually getting anything?
all comps should be In member emails and less on facebook/twitter for scabs that wouldn't attend if they didn't even have tickets/membership 

Wrong thread

http://forum.melbournefootball.com/topic/4078-thrillhouses-tightarse-thread/

• Like 2

@Thrillhouse I've already submitted (to the FRG member) the list of questions and discussion points I'm afraid, but I can put in another "Supplementary" if you can get some details to me today please.

I'm not familiar with this "Etihad Guest" thing at all - it's on the membership page at https://www.citymembership.com.au/etihadguest and looks to be a promotion by Etihad rather than City. It looks as though anyone can enter and that you don't have to be a member to do so - is that correct? 

I can put in the question if you can get some details to me quickly.

Edited by jw1739

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Embee Thanks for posting. It's good to get answers to some of the specific questions. "Surprise and Delight" is certainly a surprise - did anyone know about it?

I think this is what @rass's partner won the Xbox for?

2 hours ago, Embee said:

1.4 MCFC were unaware of demand for international memberships but willing to consider these case
by case.

This was my question, I doubt there is a demand its just me. All I wanted was a pin :D

2 hours ago, Embee said:

5. The song played after Melbourne City FC won WWL Grand Final was “Wonderwall” which is

the song played after every MCFC win, for A-League and W-League alike, at all home games at
AAMI Park. We were not asked to submit a song for walk out e.g. Happy together.
Other

Only answer im angry about. Fuck Oasis

• 8 months later...

Is there anybody on this forum going to the FRG meetings, that is if they are still being held?

The current state of the club - with first team management, recruitment and fan communication is a genuine concern. Its at a point now that us supporters should demand a meeting. We are in self destruct mode and with an upcoming 3rd Melbourne team there will be not club left, I’m not sure if they realise this.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2018 at 5:37 PM, Mr MO said:

Is there anybody on this forum going to the FRG meetings, that is if they are still being held?

The current state of the club - with first team management, recruitment and fan communication is a genuine concern. Its at a point now that us supporters should demand a meeting. We are in self destruct mode and with an upcoming 3rd Melbourne team there will be not club left, I’m not sure if they realise this.

It’s Time.

I am not a member, but I post the minutes when they are sent to me by someone who is - or was perhaps.

AFAIK there has not been a meeting since February 2018.

Prima facie it looks as though the FRG has died.

If there's anyone on here who is a member, could they please respond?

• jw1739 unpinned this topic