Melbourne Football

Robert Koren (confirmed by club as released)

Jimmy

Koren remains according to this:

"City's foreign line-up will change completely.... Only international marquee player Robert Koren, who has a year left on his deal, is likely to still be at the City Football Academy in Melbourne's northern suburbs next season although Novillo, who takes players on and brings some excitement, might be retained."

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/ruthless-melbourne-city-set-for-major-offseason-changes-20150509-ggxu6m.html

• Like 1

Koren remains according to this:

"City's foreign line-up will change completely.... Only international marquee player Robert Koren, who has a year left on his deal, is likely to still be at the City Football Academy in Melbourne's northern suburbs next season although Novillo, who takes players on and brings some excitement, might be retained."

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/ruthless-melbourne-city-set-for-major-offseason-changes-20150509-ggxu6m.html

Fuck off...

Surely we're not going to have another season from someone who doesn't deserve a starting 11 position on form, let alone be our overseas marquee when we have much better quality players from the entire football world to choose from.

Surely we should have announced by now that Robert Koren wishes to return to England, so the club has released him from the final year of his contract.

Koren would be incredible.

How'd that go for you? :up:

Not my fault JVS ruined him like he ruins everyone else.

fwiw, read the first few pages of the thread, everyone was frothing over him and I said I'd rather Engelaar.

What about players like Mooy and Melling?

That's ridiculous blaming JVS because Koren, basically just an ageing Championship player, was unable to dominate the A League.

City Group badly underestimated the A League. :o 

• Like 1

Surely we're not going to have another season from someone who doesn't deserve a starting 11 position on form, let alone be our overseas marquee when we have much better quality players from the entire football world to choose from.

Surely we should have announced by now that Robert Koren wishes to return to England, so the club has released him from the final year of his contract.

Fully expecting him to remain personally

fwiw, read the first few pages of the thread, everyone was frothing over him and I said I'd rather Engelaar.

That's ridiculous blaming JVS because Koren, basically just an ageing Championship player, was unable to dominate the A League.

Yeah, I'm sure JVS utilizing Koren as a false 9 (a position he's barely played in his career) for an extended period had nothing at all to do with his inability to deliver on the field. Just like playing Villa as a winger or Duff as an inverted forward when one of his best attributes is his ability to deliver a cross with his LEFT foot didn't effect their performances at all. Let's not forget the way he leaves Kennedy, a player who's ability to hold the ball/bring down aerial balls and lay it off to his team is exceptional, completely isolated and just has our wingers deliver terrible crosses to him for 90 minutes either.

Sure, Koren and others need to shoulder significant blame for some of their abject performances this season but JVS' use of these players has been absolutely ridiculous.

Nice to see you're living true to your username too, care to repeat "City Group badly underestimated the A League." in another post again? Or is your next post going to contain another hilarious claim that A-League teams are at the level of English Championship/lower table EPL teams?

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm sure JVS utilizing Koren as a false 9 (a position he's barely played in his career) for an extended period had nothing at all to do with his inability to deliver on the field. Just like playing Villa as a winger or Duff as an inverted forward when one of his best attributes is his ability to deliver a cross with his LEFT foot didn't effect their performances at all. Let's not forget the way he leaves Kennedy, a player who's ability to hold the ball/bring down aerial balls and lay it off to his team is exceptional, completely isolated and just has our wingers deliver terrible crosses to him for 90 minutes either.

Sure, Koren and others need to shoulder significant blame for some of their abject performances this season but JVS' use of these players has been absolutely ridiculous.

Nice to see you're living true to your username too, care to repeat "City Group badly underestimated the A League." in another post again? Or is your next post going to contain another hilarious claim that A-League teams are at the level of English Championship/lower table EPL teams?

That post seems well thought out and reasonable, we don't do that here.

• Like 3

Bets on a salary cap post, Parrot is well overdue. 

• Like 1

My comment: im going salary cap post too

My comment: im going salary cap post too Parrot=Salary cap post.

As a Moderator Hedaick when you posted "Bets on a salary cap post, Parrot is well overdue,"  that was very poor form by you. Not only is it off topic but you are encouraging a mild form of online bullying where one poster after another makes an off topic post that is hardly friendly about the same Forum member. I expected better from Moderators.  

Edited by Parrot
  • Like 2

I don't buy in to the him playing out of position thing, even when he did play as the ten he did nothing, he is a lazy footballer and playing a few feet forward of a 10 shouldn't make THAT much of a difference with the output you have on the field.

As a Moderator Hedaick when you posted "Bets on a salary cap post, Parrot is well overdue," that was very poor form by you. Not only is it off topic but you are encouraging a mild form of online bullying where one poster after another makes an off topic post that is hardly friendly about the same Forum member. I expected better from Moderators.

Don't invite him to your birthday party. That'll show him

• Like 1

As a Moderator Hedaick when you posted "Bets on a salary cap post, Parrot is well overdue," that was very poor form by you. Not only is it off topic but you are encouraging a mild form of online bullying where one poster after another makes an off topic post that is hardly friendly about the same Forum member. I expected better from Moderators.

I concur! Hedaick the only right and noble thing for you to do is step down! Making a lighthearted joke about someone's opinions is bullying and we can not stand for that. Where is elieanid we need a sick hashtag for this campaign

I concur! Hedaick the only right and noble thing for you to do is step down! Making a lighthearted joke about someone's opinions is bullying and we can not stand for that. Where is elieanid we need a sick hashtag for this campaign

Thisphantomfortress, are you going to tell me you'd be laughing at a "light hearted joke" when one poster after another makes the same "light hearted joke" for you to enjoy? :D

Edited by Parrot

Thisphantomfortress, are you going to tell me you'd be laughing at a "light hearted joke" when one poster after another makes the same "light hearted joke" for you to enjoy? :D

If there is a theme emerging maybe its time to make changes? Maybe its time to think "its not them, its me?" But what do I know I'm just another arm chair critic giving people shit from behind a screen.