Melbourne Football

2014/15 Captain

R410

as much as Koren has lots of leadership experience from hull and Slovenia I don't really see making a new marquee signing our captain as a really good idea. it'd be mighty mass for me as he was our most consistent player last year and IMO would be a fantastic leader. 
Koren just being around the team would make an impact and i'm sure he'll show leadership on and off the field but making him captain just doesn't seem right, well IMO anyway.

as much as Koren has lots of leadership experience from hull and Slovenia I don't really see making a new marquee signing our captain as a really good idea. it'd be mighty mass for me as he was our most consistent player last year and IMO would be a fantastic leader.

Koren just being around the team would make an impact and i'm sure he'll show leadership on and off the field but making him captain just doesn't seem right, well IMO anyway.

I think mass will struggle to get a start this season.

I think mass will struggle to get a start this 

I was thinking the same thing, but really he deserves it, was easily our best player last season.

probably the only downside to signing big players could ruin some of the lesser known players chances of getting game time.

The weaknesses in the team seem to be in defence. Neither of our GKs seems to be an effective organizer at the back, and that's where IMO we need discipline and focus. I'm inclined to think that Wielaert will leave at the end of this season, and therefore I'd nominate Kisnorbo as a serious contender for captain.

• Like 1

The weaknesses in the team seem to be in defence. Neither of our GKs seems to be an effective organizer at the back, and that's where IMO we need discipline and focus. I'm inclined to think that Wielaert will leave at the end of this season, and therefore I'd nominate Kisnorbo as a serious contender for captain.

To play devil's advocate, why is a player's status in the season after next (i.e., the 2015/16 season) important in relation to the captaincy for next season? Also Kisnorbo is 33, and was only offered a 1 year contract last season and a 1 year contract extension after last season finished, so what makes you so sure that Kisnorbo himself will be around for the 2015/16 season?  

I think JVS and the squad will make captain who ever they think can do the job and who garners the respect of the squad on and off the field. I think us as supporters, in this case, don't have a clue, so I don't really care who it is. But going with last season it will probably be Weilaert as he was VC

Edited by Dylan