Melbourne Football

Private Active membership

alexiano

Just saw that the Third Rail (active support for NYCFC) have announced a pre-season membership in addition to club membership.

I really like the idea as it:

* Gets lists of people actively involved

* Provides a good channel to inform people

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

* provides funds into the terrace for tifo, etc.

http://www.thirdrailnyc.com/p/how-can-i-join.html?m=1

What do you guys think?

Very very interesting, it remains to be seen if the core would do such a thing.....we as an active do need finances in some way for tifo and other terrace matters and it sure as hell aint coming from the club so I wouldnt mind paying $20-30 for the entire season to help support the active support I think its a good idea but it has to have some good incentives for people to join up.

Its possible this might happen, I wouldnt mind it too be honest.

• Like 2

it sure as hell aint coming from the club

I'm not sure if you mean that in the sense the club wouldn't give the money but you'll find that it's very unlikely the terrace core would accept money from the club either way :)

thats what I mean the core would be likely to never accept club money for all active support matters....so if this private membership were to happen, it would a good idea considering the money has to come somewhere to help build the terrace that we all want and expect.

Edited by elieanid
  • Like 1

Just saw that the Third Rail (active support for NYCFC) have announced a pre-season membership in addition to club membership.

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

I thought the whole ethos of Melburnians was to not have this?

• Like 5

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

lol 

Alright in theory, Some questions:

Is the Paypal account still open? 

Are the account details still the same?

Are you guys still passing the bucket around?

If nothing has changed, please provide details, again, in case people don't know and funds shall be deposited. Could be the perfect kick-start to the scarfs and/or other things you guys might have going on.

Real potential to not even have a 'Private Active Membership' 

Edited by Deviant

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

@biancorosso where do you think the money will come from if our ethos is likely not accepting club money, it has to come from somewhere we cant expect the core to foot in the bills all the time.....I think its a good idea every active support of the Melburnians help contribute to the active support in some way.

Maybe a donation or inner membership to raise funds or something like that.....finances have to come from somewhere.

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

lol 

Not sure what you're laughing at. Maybe you don't understand the word "ethos".

You see, you make these big, bold, flashy statements and propositions and then ignore them when the next fad comes along.

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

@biancorosso where do you think the money will come from if our ethos is likely not accepting club money, it has to come from somewhere we cant expect the core to foot in the bills all the time.....I think its a good idea every active support of the Melburnians help contribute to the active support in some way.

Maybe a donation or inner membership to raise funds or something like that.....finances have to come from somewhere.

Read the words in bold and then re-read my comment. 

Are you also proposing membership categories? 

Melburnian - $50

Outer Core Melburnian - $75

Inner Core Melburnian - $100

Capo Melburnian Experience - $250 and BYO megaphone

GA Melburnian - $25 (view may be impeded)

• Like 5

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

lol 

You see, you make these big, bold, flashy statements and propositions and then ignore them when the next fad comes along.

sorry .. i misread Exclusivity for Inclusive and thought you had a dig. 

But in regards to the comments in bold, thats bullshit. Everyone had there voices heard, the core listened, and then made what they thought was the best decision. Not everyone will be happy, and you just seem to like reminding people that you are not happy. Complain all you want, but we will just keep moving forward while you worry about things in the past.

Edited by Demon_Heart

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

How does having to pay to be a Member of an Active Support Group make things more Exclusive? :unsure:

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

How does having to pay to be a Member of an Active Support Group make things more Exclusive? :unsure:

By allowing scarves only to be provided to those members.

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

lol

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

Read the words in bold and then re-read my comment.

Are you also proposing membership categories?

Melburnian - $50

Outer Core Melburnian - $75

Inner Core Melburnian - $100

Capo Melburnian Experience - $250 and BYO megaphone

GA Melburnian - $25 (view may be impeded)

What about the inner outer core & outer inner core?

• Like 1

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

But anyone can just pay the fee to join? 

Would it not be better to do what the Melburnians Core are going to do which is just to sell the scarves to whoever wants them and thus create more profits that into can go towards a larger Tifo Fund?

• Like 3

@cadete that is what Yarraside did so I'm suggesting to something different. By signing up, you take down details of your signees to keep people better informed of stuff happening.

Sure they can do what the past did, but doing this allows for paying members to have more of a say.

* provides A scarf

* promotes Exclusivity

What do you guys think?

But anyone can just pay the fee to join? 

Would it not be better to do what the Melburnians Core are going to do which is just to sell the scarves to whoever wants them and thus create more profits that into can go towards a larger Tifo Fund?

I feel scarves wont be enough to bring in funds for terrace matters, I could be wrong but it also depends if everyone in the active got themselves a Melburnian scarf or not.....some would rather get a club one meaning loss of funds there. There has to be another avenue for raising finances just in case, in order to support ourselves in terrace matters.

Edited by elieanid

I will buy a scarf to support Melburnians even though I am not usually in the active area. There were quite a few Yarraside scarves being worn last season outside of active as well.

If the idea is to try and promote a passionate support, rather than "exclusive", then perhaps selling Melburnian scarves to the Melbourne supporters outside the active area, and encouraging them to "follow" on facebook etc. might be more beneficial in increasing support/members, as well as increasing funds.

• Like 3

If the idea is to try and promote a passionate support, rather than "exclusive", then perhaps selling Melburnian scarves to the Melbourne supporters outside the active area, and encouraging them to "follow" on facebook etc. might be more beneficial in increasing support/members, as well as increasing funds.

This is what I was thinking.

There's a fundamental inconsistency in suggesting that Melburnians be an exclusive terrace group but at the same time wanting other sections of the crowd to join in what you are doing.

Like a few others I had thought that Melburnians was to be rather more inclusive than Yarraside was, and would encompass other supporter groups (such as they are). IMO you need to make up your minds on this before expecting to move forward.

• Like 1

I believe the idea was to be as inclusive as humanly possible hence no "membership" fees.

Simply join in and follow the team

The only requirement I would go with that if you choose to be in active area....... Get up and sing!

Edited by Jestr