Melbourne Football

Melburnians FFA CupAugust 12 Pre-Game Festivities | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

Ballarat’s Morshead Park will play host to Melbourne City FC’s inaugural Westfield FFA Cup fixture against Sydney FC on August 12.

Melbourne City FC has worked closely with transport providers to ensure there are transport services to and from Morshead Park in Ballarat on match day.

Tuesday 12 August

Travel Itinerary

4.00PM: Depart AAMI Park (In front of Hisense Arena)

6.00PM: Arrival at Morshead Stadium, Ballarat

7.30PM: Kick-Off

9.45PM: Depart Ballarat

11.30PM: Arrival back at destination in Melbourne

*Bookings essential and payment required before travel

Cost - (Return coach travel only)

$39 per person (paid prior via phone)

$37 per person (paid prior via direct deposit)

Bookings and further details available at www.goldbus.com.au from Monday morning.

* No alcohol or hot food to be consumed on coaches

• Like 1

Tickets 100% will be sold at the pub :up: :up:

That's awesome do you know how many will be on sale A club rep will come down just before they're ready to sell us tickets and then bring however many are required.

So if you don't want to line up in the cold an hour and a half before the game to make sure you get tickets come up to the Flying Horse and have a drink and a feed with other Melbourne City supporters and let the tickets come to you :):up:

Thanks Jimmy!!! :D

appreciate the hard work, thats done and sorted now time for other issues to be raised on game day, chants and banners and where are we standing on game day and even marching lol!

• Like 1

hmmm I'm bringing a Sydney FC supporter can I still get tickets or will we be fire bombed for coming in for a drink?

It's not like you're bringing in the whole cove or anything, so it shouldn't be much of an issue. You've just got to be mindful that it's a Melbourne City venue and if you come along wearing Sydney merch you're probably going to cop some hostilities, not really something the terrace leadership group can control or would even want to anyway. I personally love giving it to Sydney.

As long as you're being respectful and not antagonistic I imagine you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend coming in Sydney gear but I'm not going to tell anyone what to do or wear.

Edited by Jimmy

hmmm I'm bringing a Sydney FC supporter can I still get tickets or will we be fire bombed for coming in for a drink?

It's not like you're bringing in the whole cove or anything, so it shouldn't be much of an issue. You've just got to be mindful that it's a Melbourne City venue and if you come along wearing Sydney merch you're probably going to cop some hostilities, not really something the terrace leadership group can control or would even want to anyway. I personally love giving it to Sydney.

As long as you're being respectful and not antagonistic I imagine you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend coming in Sydney gear but I'm not going to tell anyone what to do or wear.I will shank both of you

Not jimmy, the other fella

Edited by sheepdog

As long as you're being respectful and not antagonistic I imagine you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend coming in Sydney gear but I'm not going to tell anyone what to do or wear. I will shank both of you

:droy: 

and everyone bitches and whinges and wonders why the FFA are imposing those new active support rules. 

• Like 1

As long as you're being respectful and not antagonistic I imagine you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend coming in Sydney gear but I'm not going to tell anyone what to do or wear. I will shank both of you

and everyone bitches and whinges and wonders why the FFA are imposing those new active support rules.

Haha not sure if your serious

TBF I reckon Heart/City fans have done the least of such whinging...

As long as you're being respectful and not antagonistic I imagine you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend coming in Sydney gear but I'm not going to tell anyone what to do or wear.I will shank both of you

TBF I reckon Heart/City fans have done the least of such whinging... Agreed. Maybe the nux fans too

and everyone bitches and whinges and wonders why the FFA are imposing those new active support rules. TBF I reckon Heart/City fans have done the least of such whinging... Agreed. Maybe the nux fans too

I don't see the difference with these new rules. We've always had reserved seating and such. (Not that anyone sits in their assigned seat, but I digress)

Edited by xXJawsaXx

Not jimmy, the other fella :droy:

and everyone bitches and whinges and wonders why the FFA are imposing those new active support rules. TBF I reckon Heart/City fans have done the least of such whinging... Agreed. Maybe the nux fans too

I don't see the difference with these new rules. We've always had reserved seating and such. (Not that anyone sits in their assigned seat, but I digress) Its purely because of Howl's Floating North Terrace.

• Like 3

Just on buying tickets at the pub. We won't know 100% on what time it's going to happen until the club has locked in the event schedule for the fixture.

But there will not be a booth or anything along those lines set up permanently. Club officials will likely come around 5:30-6 to sell tickets and then leave again.

So if you want to wait your ticket in the warm make sure that you get there before 6 at the latest or line up someone that will be there to buy a ticket for you so that you don't miss out. I understand that it's pretty hard if you're coming from Melbourne on a weeknight but that's just how it has to be.

Edited by Jimmy

I love the banter on here but let's make it clever and funny. One of the things that overseas visitors find fascinating about Australia is how supporters can be so passionate about their sport yet still drink together before and after the game. Let's make fun of "the others" and let there be rivalry but let's understand that it's our joint love of the game that creates the great atmospheres we enjoy.

• Like 4

and everyone bitches and whinges and wonders why the FFA are imposing those new active support rules. TBF I reckon Heart/City fans have done the least of such whinging...

yeahh I ment more of the other active support groups rather than us. We have, for a long time had a great active support and havent had hardly any issues at all which is a credit to all involved. 

Edited by Dylan

I love the banter on here but let's make it clever and funny. One of the things that overseas visitors find fascinating about Australia is how supporters can be so passionate about their sport yet still drink together before and after the game. Let's make fun of "the others" and let there be rivalry but let's understand that it's our joint love of the game that creates the great atmospheres we enjoy.

when I was walking to the first away derby last season there was this south american tourist walking along and asked if there was a football match because of the crowds. He followed along and watched the game, but he was looking around seeing us walking their amongst victory fans and was asking, is this normal !! haha. He was a bit shocked.

• Like 1

and everyone bitches and whinges and wonders why the FFA are imposing those new active support rules. Oh dear.

• Like 2

FFA are imposing new active support rules because somebody made a joke on an internet forum?

• Like 1

I hate city and I ****en hate them. ****en Melbournians giving themselves a name that doesn't belong to them, franchised ****wits taking club names and espousing shit, **** right off out of our town and head back to ****svklle.

Butthurt remains strong

hahahaha I could take this quote and pretty much cut and paste it to a few guys I know. For no reason they come out with rants of.... FUCKIN PLASTIC CLUB. FUCKIN FLOGS !!! All their fans are FLOGS and bandwagoners. They can't win the title the australian way !!! hahahaha

That australian way is my fav. I don't even know what that means haha. I think it's because we are loaning a few players, hmmmmm rogic anc troisi ??  :hmm: