Melbourne Football

Melburnians FFA CupAugust 12 Pre-Game Festivities | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

I've said it before and I'll say it again, any supporters calling other clubs plastic in this league that is not even ten years old.....LMFAO

I think you will find that Brisbane are the exception to such a rule with there being a direct and pretty clear line of succession from the original Brisbane Lions to the existing Brisbane Roar.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, any supporters calling other clubs plastic in this league that is not even ten years old.....LMFAO

I think you will find that Brisbane are the exception to such a rule with their being a direct and pretty clear line of succession from the original Brisbane Lions to the existing Brisbane Roar.

I guess we would be an exception as well with our not so direct and clear line of succession being traced back to 1991, or should I say 1950

• Like 1

I think you will find that Brisbane are the exception to such a rule with there being a direct and pretty clear line of succession from the original Brisbane Lions to the existing Brisbane Roar.

Newcastle Jets, Perth Glory and Adelaide United were all NSL so they're a bit older than 10 years.

Newcastle Jets, Perth Glory and Adelaide United were all NSL so they're a bit older than 10 years.

That is def true...

But they were all set up as some what Modern NSL Clubs when Soccer Australia was still trying to create a Non Ethnic League from within the NSL as opposed to the Lions who were a much older club with Ethnic ties.

But as we all know FFA are fine with you being Ethnic if you are Dutch - Because there are no Soccer Hools in Holland. :rolleyes:

I think you will find that Brisbane are the exception to such a rule with their being a direct and pretty clear line of succession from the original Brisbane Lions to the existing Brisbane Roar.

I guess we would be an exception as well with our not so direct and clear line of succession being traced back to 1991, or should I say 1950

What about 1847?