Melbourne Football

Brisbane Roar

n i k o

The guy has an inferiority complex and has a ridiculously huge ego. Or maybe it's insecurity that's comes out as being egotistical. Either way he's a idiot. He did it at heart and now he's doing it at Brisbane. It would be amusing watching him struggle up in Brisbane. 

Edited by n i k o

Ross Aloisi appointed Assistant coach. Not happy with a proven successful Assistant, would rather appoint his brother.

Seem to remember someone joking that JA would appoint RA at Heart when JA was announced as our new manager. FFS.

Edited by Grimey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Players and staff not paid in full again.  Train wreck keeps rolling on.

Is Jamie Maclaren the A league's most stupid footballer?

I think that title goes to Riley Woodcock. Stuck behind Jamieson at Perth for the left back spot. Jamieson leaves. Woodcock goes to Sydney to be stuck behind Gersbach. At least MacLaren is going to get regular games.

latest report:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/08/27/brisbane-roar-chairman-claims-sale-close-ffa-puts-bakrie-group-notice

Sounds like the FFA are losing patience with the Bakrie's slow payment of wages and debts.

Sounds like the FFA are trying to rip off another investor by taking their licence from under them and selling it on for a profit, just like they did to Palmer and Tinkler.

And people wonder why it's so hard to find investors for the A-League.

Sounds like the FFA are trying to rip off another investor by taking their licence from under them and selling it on for a profit, just like they did to Palmer and Tinkler.

And people wonder why it's so hard to find investors for the A-League.

actually in the past people have been lining up for licences. God knows why though.

if the bakries can't afford to pay the wages and debts at Brisbane then Indonesia is in for a financial Tsanami. I think they can, they just don't want to.

i do have disquiet about the FFA stripping away an asset from investors who have put a lot of time and money into something, but at the same time I don't like seeing a good club destroyed and the game's reputation damaged. 

Luke bratton is asking for an early release from his contract supposedly.  Would take.

He's come out and publicly said that if he left Brisbane, it wouldn't be to another A-League club as it'd only be a sideways move.

Will either stay or end up playing in Asia imo, can't really pick him as the type to try himself in Europe

actually in the past people have been lining up for licences. God knows why though.

if the bakries can't afford to pay the wages and debts at Brisbane then Indonesia is in for a financial Tsanami. I think they can, they just don't want to.

i do have disquiet about the FFA stripping away an asset from investors who have put a lot of time and money into something, but at the same time I don't like seeing a good club destroyed and the game's reputation damaged. 

Not really, most the supposed bids never had sufficient funding. The investment wasn't there.  But it's interesting that even these supposed bids don't seem to come up much anymore. 

Not really, most the supposed bids never had sufficient funding. The investment wasn't there.  But it's interesting that even these supposed bids don't seem to come up much anymore. 

Yes, also the numbers people are talking are a lot less.  Sidwell and his mates hit the top of the market I reckon.

The press are saying 4M for Newcastle and can't remember exactly  maybe 8M? for Roar.  Though how accurate that stuff is is another thing.

Yes, also the numbers people are talking are a lot less.  Sidwell and his mates hit the top of the market I reckon.

The press are saying 4M for Newcastle and can't remember exactly  maybe 8M? for Roar.  Though how accurate that stuff is is another thing.

That's to acquire the licence. They'd also be in for probably around 2m losses a year at the average club, that's without even spending a lot. If they're going to pick up a couple of marquees that could easily blow out. 

Luke bratton is asking for an early release from his contract supposedly.  Would take.

No longer asking.  Apparently he's left.  Super not paid in over a year.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/08/28/brattan-leaves-brisbane-after-failure-pay-super

I wonder what space we've got left under the cap?  Would have to compete with Koren for a spot.  (not a good enough tackler to play as the #6).  Frankly i can't see it happening.

I reckon we'll find out his next move pretty soon.

(oh he's in for Jedinak too, who's injured.  http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blog/2015/08/28/brattan-last-piece-puzzle )

Edited by Shahanga

It's about the opportunity for members to actually be minority shareholders in the club, not be the majority owners. And it would be on a purely optional basis. The objective to be that members at least have their views formally heard at the boardroom table.

• Like 1

It's about the opportunity for members to actually be minority shareholders in the club, not be the majority owners. And it would be on a purely optional basis. The objective to be that members at least have their views formally heard at the boardroom table.

I can't see it being practical.

The issue is that right now there is a need for ongoing investment to pay for losses, the only club that may be the exception to this are the visitors.

The need for ongoing investment makes it hard, do you just dilute the ownership of 'fan-owners'? Do you make them pay more money every year? And if someone doesn't pay, then what happens?

The other issue is how do you structure it? That every member can by a set amount (eg $2000 worth or nothing) of shares, or that they can buy however much they can afford? Or do you structure it as all the fans are buying as a block through some sort of 'supporters organisation'?

I really think the only viable option, for a lot of reasons is the later (allowing small parcels of shares to be owned is not efficient, you'd have to restructure the club as a public company, shareholdings would be so small to have any power, etc), that some sort of supporters organisation is formed, all the supporters pool their money together, and then the organisation buys a stake in the club. This is the only way I can see supporters having any sort of ownership influence. The problem is then how to structure this supporters organisation, again does everyone contribute a set amount or can wealthier supporters invest more? I think for it to be viable it needs to be the later of these options, otherwise you won't raise enough money, but then the issue is that one or a few supporters might hold all the power. And you still have the first problem, how is ongoing investment handled?

It would be very complicated, not too mention it could potentially scare away a lot of majority owners.

Would be interested in hearing about partially fan-owned clubs around the world (not fully owned ones) and how they work, I suspect most would be in an established league where ongoing investment isn't needed and that having some sort of supporters organisation holding the fans shares as a block would be in use.

Edited by Tesla

I can't see it being practical.

The issue is that right now there is a need for ongoing investment to pay for losses, the only club that may be the exception to this are the visitors.

The need for ongoing investment makes it hard, do you just dilute the ownership of 'fan-owners'? Do you make them pay more money every year? And if someone doesn't pay, then what happens?

The other issue is how do you structure it? That every member can by a set amount (eg $2000 worth or nothing) of shares, or that they can buy however much they can afford? Or do you structure it as all the fans are buying as a block through some sort of 'supporters organisation'?

I really think the only viable option, for a lot of reasons is the later (allowing small parcels of shares to be owned is not efficient, you'd have to restructure the club as a public company, shareholdings would be so small to have any power, etc), that some sort of supporters organisation is formed, all the supporters pool their money together, and then the organisation buys a stake in the club. This is the only way I can see supporters having any sort of ownership influence. The problem is then how to structure this supporters organisation, again does everyone contribute a set amount or can wealthier supporters invest more? I think for it to be viable it needs to be the later of these options, otherwise you won't raise enough money, but then the issue is that one or a few supporters might hold all the power. And you still have the first problem, how is ongoing investment handled?

It would be very complicated, not too mention it could potentially scare away a lot of majority owners.

Would be interested in hearing about partially fan-owned clubs around the world (not fully owned ones) and how they work, I suspect most would be in an established league where ongoing investment isn't needed and that having some sort of supporters organisation holding the fans shares as a block would be in use.

20% of Swansea City is owned by a supporters trust. To be fair though, Swansea is a reasonably sized club in one of the best leagues in the world. 

Edited by xXJawsaXx

You're a doubter Tesla. Fair enough, I hear you.

Read about Portsmouth - actually saved from extinction by a Supporters' Trust. http://www.theguardian.com/social-enterprise-network/2013/nov/27/fan-ownership-football-premier-league

See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fan-owned_sports_teams

I very much doubt that you can find me anything anywhere that doesn't require "ongoing investment." Even the planet we live on requires it in case you haven't noticed.

Edited by jw1739

• 2 weeks later...