Melbourne Football

Brisbane Roar

n i k o

Aloisi along with any of his supporters can go eat a big bag of shit.

That result with the first XI selected is a fucking disgrace.

Blaming disruptions etc in the lead up is a joke.

FFS Brisbane's chance of making the a league finals is touch and go; to get done at home against an opponet whose players would predominantly struggle to an a league game (even if we were to assume Philippines players were "domestic" players for the a league) shows the Roar are a complete shambles at present.

No intent, no heart

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Video of the taped numbers went viral on social media

Which will be forgotten just as quickly as it appeared.

3 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Aloisi along with any of his supporters can go eat a big bag of shit.

That result with the first XI selected is a fucking disgrace.

Blaming disruptions etc in the lead up is a joke.

FFS Brisbane's chance of making the a league finals is touch and go; to get done at home against an opponet whose players would predominantly struggle to an a league game (even if we were to assume Philippines players were "domestic" players for the a league) shows the Roar are a complete shambles at present.

No intent, no heart

Some of the Ceres players are Eurasians and have have played for some reasonable European clubs. It's not a pub team.

32 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Some of the Ceres players are Eurasians and have have played for some reasonable European clubs. It's not a pub team.

To have wound up playing in the Philippines is hardly the sign of a world beater either tho.

After all this is the first time a team from the Philippines has won a game (playoff or group stage) in the Asian Champions League. You can't say that Brisbane had their backs against a wall here.

Very disappointing 

8 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Aloisi is an absolute cunt of a bloke. Twice now he's gotten in over his head and the fans have been calling for his head and he refuses to do the honourable thing and resign. I can't think of anyone I rate lower than the man, even Kevin Muscat has more integrity.

Take it easy now that's just crazy talk

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

"Being only 2 games into their pre-season, they obviously haven’t had the disruption that we have had.”

I dare anyone to dig up a more pathetic Aloisi excuse 

"We were unlucky" maybe?

The guys always been a sook, particularly at us after his sacking.

Just remember that last season he was dirty leading into the first City v Roar game for "going down to easy", only to complain the next time to sulk we "tackled too aggressive"

Aloisi loves a good whinge

Edit; FWIW I did love it how JvS got stuck into Aloisi last time - one of my favourite JvS memories

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/brisbane-coach-john-aloisi-hits-out-at-simulation-as-roar-prepare-for-bruno-fornaroli-and-melbourne-city/news-story/4bb59a89b9b5536ef327ab2055d5a53b

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/brisbane/melbourne-city-coach-john-vant-schip-hits-back-at-john-aloisi-barb/news-story/ac8502de7de465779964e6cd2232b618

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, haz said:

Already blaming eachother

Here is an extract from that article.......

"The kit man made some decisions and said he’d been having problems with the number twos"

I think there's a wider issue here - wider than just Brisbane. I'm not convinced that Australia takes the AFC Champions League seriously enough. Let's face it, we joined the AFC hoping to get an easier path to World Cup finals football, but need to be convinced that outside of that we have any real interest in Asian football at a club level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I think there's a wider issue here - wider than just Brisbane. I'm not convinced that Australia takes the AFC Champions League seriously enough. Let's face it, we joined the AFC hoping to get an easier path to World Cup finals football, but need to be convinced that outside of that we have any real interest in Asian football at a club level.

Hmm dunno, depends on the club i think. I reckon the Sydney and Melbourne clubs are highly motivated in respect to it, but the others perhaps see it as a distraction as they find the A League difficult enough.

• Like 1

Just to rub it in for us, remember this is the team that for the last two seasons have beat us to 3rd place by no more then 4points in the final two rounds of each season. So yea, one better game from us and we would have been playing ACL..... but we lost out to this mob

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I think that the larger sporting public doesn't take it as seriously as we ought to but WSW winning the AFC was a big publicity boost, sadly squandered. However, the interest is harder to share because it does happen during the middle of the a-league season, the distances travelled is enormous and mid-week sports are difficult to attend.

20 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

ACL would get 100% more interest if games that didn't include A League clubs were broadcast in Australia. I would love to be able to watch the rest of Asia, but with the lack of broadcasting I have no idea who's any good until the Fox commentators tell me that an A League team has a tough draw.

It's just an extension of Eurosnobbery in fact I'd even say that Eurosnobbery has developed in EPL snobbery. Apart from a couple big teams we get very little coverage on free to air.

Getting asian football is almost a dilussional dream. Won't happen. 

On 25/01/2018 at 11:50 AM, GreenSeater said:

ACL would get 100% more interest if games that didn't include A League clubs were broadcast in Australia. I would love to be able to watch the rest of Asia, but with the lack of broadcasting I have no idea who's any good until the Fox commentators tell me that an A League team has a tough draw.

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

It's just an extension of Eurosnobbery in fact I'd even say that Eurosnobbery has developed in EPL snobbery. Apart from a couple big teams we get very little coverage on free to air.

I've always been disappointed that we don't get live games from either the Japanese or South Korean leagues on a Saturday arvo / evening.

SBS has always claimed the home of football tag, so to put a Japanese or Korean game would allow a decent quality game to be put on live for a reasonably cheap price as part of the mantra. The telecast could come from the host league, requiring only a couple of commentators to call the game in English

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jovan said:

Doesn't have the be league games, just the occasional ACL game would be nice! We don't even broadcast the final unless it has an ALeague team

6 hours ago, Jovan said:

3 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

I've always been disappointed that we don't get live games from either the Japanese or South Korean leagues on a Saturday arvo / evening.

SBS has always claimed the home of football tag, so to put a Japanese or Korean game would allow a decent quality game to be put on live for a reasonably cheap price as part of the mantra. The telecast could come from the host league, requiring only a couple of commentators to call the game in English

56 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Doesn't have the be league games, just the occasional ACL game would be nice! We don't even broadcast the final unless it has an ALeague team

Sounds like a business idea to me. I suspect that there is a market just how big it is I don't know.

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

Sounds like a business idea to me. I suspect that there is a market just how big it is I don't know.

I would say a combination of China, South Korea and Japan would be 100m+ viewers per round in their regions. With Australia overun by these nations, there would be even more interest then the A-League

4 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Wout Brama has gotten a 2 holiday.

Could easily have been more, but then again how many times do you see that type of tackle go unpunished

FFA needs to get these things in perspective. 8 matches for spitting, 5 matches for using the word "gypsy", 2 matches for a tackle that could have ended a player's career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

FFA needs to get these things in perspective. 8 matches for spitting, 5 matches for using the word "gypsy", 2 matches for a tackle that could have ended a player's career.

Actually thats pretty much spot on.

All I would add is maybe 1 week for a cheeky behind the play nipple cripple.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Roar has sold Taggart to Korea.

This provides yet another example of what’s wrong with the A League. Perth should have been able to demand a transfer fee for him to go to Brisbane, rather than just releasing him because he was agitating for a move (which is my recollection of events), which presumably could have included a trailing fee on future transfers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'd always thought the Tards had the dumbest fans, but reading the comments on the Roar facebook post announcing Corey Brown I may have to change my opinion. There are a lot of people happy and relatively few that are upset that they've signed a bloke that's clearly proven he's no longer up to A-League standard.

• 10 months later...