Melbourne Football

Brisbane Roar

n i k o

37 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Very light.

If this happened at lower level. That is, unnecessary contact made from one club official to cause another club official to fall to the ground you get a much bigger penalty. 

Years if not life bans. I'm not suggesting a life ban but 4 games is an absolute joke. These sorts of decisions are the reason why this game struggles to move into the mainstream. 

They would have seen its 4 games if the season left and made it clean for themselves by issuing a 4 game ban. No one can touch the brother of the golden child of Australian football. 

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

They would have seen its 4 games if the season left and made it clean for themselves by issuing a 4 game ban. No one can touch the brother of the golden child of Australian football. 

True. 

Also means he will be able to sit on the bench for Adelaides opening game next season if the rumours are correct. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who missed it, Jamie Young cut himself pretty badly on a broken net hook when Roar played Muangthong United in the ACL on Wednesday night. He required 26 stitches in his arm and may miss the Victory final. Disgraceful that this has even happened. 

Roar might have to sign another keeper under the emergency rules because Theo is out too. 

b4f52ab2cf9ed337c354f0060c6a2f1a.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, n i k o said:

Fined 17k by the AFC

For not providing 3-course meals to officials ha+. The Thailand side got fined the same amount for having rusty goal posts slicing open Youngs arm ha+++

2 hours ago, haz said:

For not providing 3-course meals to officials ha+. The Thailand side got fined the same amount for having rusty goal posts slicing open Youngs arm ha+++

Tweet from Adam Peacock:

"They had an allowance for the $80 buffet at their 5 star hotel.
But blew up because they couldn't get the $110 seafood buffet.
True. Story."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

My god these guys were terrible last night. They have to be odds on for the wooden spoon 

5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

My god these guys were terrible last night. They have to be odds on for the wooden spoon 

They were. Tbf, they were missing Holman, Kristensen and Beauthec though, which arguably are all in their best 5 players.

This will prob come back to bite me, but i cant see Maccarone being a success in the A League. What the a league lacks in technical ability it more than makes up for in athleticism; the italian looks way too slow here.

• 2 months later...

7 match ban for spitting 

The Football Federation Australia (FFA) independent Disciplinary & Ethics Committee comprising John Marshall SC (Chair), Anthony Lo Surdo SC and Robert Wheatley (the Committee) today delivered their determination in the matter of Avram Papadopoulos (the Player) of Brisbane Roar FC.

The matter was referred to the Committee by the independent Match Review Panel for hearing and determination whether, having regard to all the circumstances, the Player had committed the offence of “Spitting at a player” (Offence), and if so, what sanction should be imposed.

The Committee determined that the Player had committed the Offence and must serve a suspension of seven (7) Hyundai A-League matches.

The Minimum Sanction for the Offence is six (6) matches.

As the Player has already served his Mandatory Match Suspension in Brisbane Roar FC’s Round 9 match against Western Sydney Wanderers FC on Saturday, 2 December 2017, the Player will be will be ineligible for Brisbane Roar FC’s matches in Rounds 10 to 15.

The Player will be eligible to return for Brisbane Roar FC’s Round 16 match against the Newcastle Jets scheduled for 12 January 2017.

If the Player wishes to appeal the determination of the Committee, he must advise FFA of his intention to do so within 7 days of receiving the written determination.

5 hours ago, japiedog said:

7 match ban for spitting 

The Football Federation Australia (FFA) independent Disciplinary & Ethics Committee comprising John Marshall SC (Chair), Anthony Lo Surdo SC and Robert Wheatley (the Committee) today delivered their determination in the matter of Avram Papadopoulos (the Player) of Brisbane Roar FC.

The matter was referred to the Committee by the independent Match Review Panel for hearing and determination whether, having regard to all the circumstances, the Player had committed the offence of “Spitting at a player” (Offence), and if so, what sanction should be imposed.

The Committee determined that the Player had committed the Offence and must serve a suspension of seven (7) Hyundai A-League matches.

The Minimum Sanction for the Offence is six (6) matches.

As the Player has already served his Mandatory Match Suspension in Brisbane Roar FC’s Round 9 match against Western Sydney Wanderers FC on Saturday, 2 December 2017, the Player will be will be ineligible for Brisbane Roar FC’s matches in Rounds 10 to 15.

The Player will be eligible to return for Brisbane Roar FC’s Round 16 match against the Newcastle Jets scheduled for 12 January 2017.

If the Player wishes to appeal the determination of the Committee, he must advise FFA of his intention to do so within 7 days of receiving the written determination.

So what happened to Matt Simon? Shouldn't he be disciplined as well for retaliation?

10 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

So what happened to Matt Simon? Shouldn't he be disciplined as well for retaliation?

Got his mandatory one week for the red, which in of itself was probably crap. it was more of a push than a strike, and spitting is a pretty low act. I'm not condoning any physical contact, but I dont think he acted unreasonably or excessively given the scenario.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, n i k o said:

Just had their fan forum with the club. Apparently the following info is true...

Last FInancial a Year $3.9m loss, $3.3m the year before. 

Bakries have lost $19.8m since taking ownership  

Men’s team salary at all time high just over $4m this season

Surely our salary isnt much higher?

29 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Just had their fan forum with the club. Apparently...

Last FInancial a Year $3.9m loss, $3.3m the year before. 

Bakries have lost $19.8m since taking ownership  

Men’s team salary at all time high just over $4m this season

Who’d own an A League club? Bottomless bloody pits.

Then you hit the jackpot with an Aaron Mooy and all people like me do is complain.

• Like 1

Remember that there is a salary floor. So with a couple of marquees, and the other players outside the cap it's pretty easy to get to $4m.

The Hyundai A-League Salary Cap is $2.928 million for the 2017/18 Season. Clubs must spend at least the Salary Floor which is $2.635 million (representing 90% of the Salary Cap).

Man reading all the social media comments are hilarious,

This was one of his excuses:

“Being only 2 games into their pre-season, they obviously haven’t had the disruption that we have had.”

HAHAHAH The man is delusional, im loving this.

9 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

I can't even imagine sticky taping on the numbers on team kits at my local club let alone at a professional club competing for a place in the Champions League. What an embarrassment.

For those who want a good laugh...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/asian-champions-league/brisbane-roar-are-slammed-after-players-jersey-numbers-start-to-fall-off-during-acl-upset-loss/news-story/b003856909ae1a274cf13c9910b25400