Jimmy

Melburnians Badge Vote  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your preference

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option 4

I like how number 3 incorporates the blue stripes as well as the red. I think that's clever and something we need to embrace. Having said that the rest are all great, I just don't think they represent the club now as much as they do "the club that would become Melbourne City". 

• Like 4

I like how number 3 incorporates the blue stripes as well as the red. I think that's clever and something we need to embrace. Having said that the rest are all great, I just don't think they represent the club now as much as they do "the club that would become Melbourne City".

I agree with you, but I am sure that if 4 wins then adjustments can be made.

I voted for 3 (even though I would REALLY like to see a solid gold Melbourne Heart's stylised heart as opposed to a love heart) because it's not only traditional but also depicts our past and our future i.e. 3 red & 1.5 blue lines as well as our former Active Group's connection with the wreath wrapped around it.

I feel like option 4 is very 'Americanised' which is what many fans were complaining about when they released Melbourne Heart's stylised heart logo. And as someone pointed out, it does look a bit like Artoo-Detoo  ;)

• Like 2

Can't believe people are picking number 4.... Number 3 is the best out of the 4

Can't believe you created a new account just to vote.

edit: Oops posted under wrong account.

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

So you're telling me we have over 185 active members in less than 24 hours?

Fuck I'm good at running a forum.

I didn't realise this poll was exclusive to Active Members only to vote. I thought the idea behind MELBURNIANS is that it is a more "inclusive" name hence open to all City supporters to vote on and be part of. If you only wanted Active Members to vote, Jimmy, BeardedHeart & co. would've just picked one and made an announcement like they did with the name.

Not saying this directly to you Tesla, I just think we should leave the Yarraside Core "fu(k off if you're not an active member" mentality in a shed along with all their old banners and flags and embrace a new 'inclusive' Active Supporters' Group open to opinions from all club members and supporters.

• Like 1

I didn't realise this poll was exclusive to Active Members only to vote. I thought the idea behind MELBURNIANS is that it is a more "inclusive" name hence open to all City supporters to vote on and be part of. If you only wanted Active Members to vote, Jimmy, BeardedHeart & co. would've just picked one and made an announcement like they did with the name.

Not saying this directly to you Tesla, I just think we should leave the Yarraside Core "fu(k off if you're not an active member" mentality in a shed along with all their old banners and flags and embrace a new 'inclusive' Active Supporters' Group open to opinions from all club members and supporters.post-2906-0-19464100-1404963956_thumb.jp

Edited by bt50

Not saying this directly to you Tesla, I just think we should leave the Yarraside Core "fu(k off if you're not an active member" mentality in a shed along with all their old banners and flags and embrace a new 'inclusive' Active Supporters' Group open to opinions from all club members and supporters.

Mate, I meant 'active members' as in forum members active enough on the forum to see this thread in 24 hours.

Edited by Tesla

Dat Ip address to username ratio

Nah, there are already 9k unique visitors to this forum this month (it's blown up ridiculously the last few weeks), so I'd say there are a lot of lurkers that just read the forum and dont post, but a poll like this forces them to finally register. There has been a spike in registrations yesterday/today, but I dont exepect it to be many multis, if any (will have a look when I have a chance and ban anyone using multis to vote in this poll)

Edited by Tesla

Mate, I meant 'active members' as in forum members active enough on the forum to see this thread in 24 hours.

"Right!" said RoD, "Well, that's a bit awkward then..." as he slowly retreated back into his shell  :ph34r: Lol

• Like 2

Don't finalise the badge choice just yet. While option 3 has great elements including incorporating the sky blue and navy of the home kit, it looks too much like the Yarraside logo with the wreath. I love the use of Flinders Street Station and it works best in option 4, but the red & white stripes are too dominant, perhaps one of the stripes there could be sky blue.

Even before the official Melbourne City logo was revealed I loved the following fan mock ups circulating the internet. This made good use of the iconic Flinders Street Station with some colour alternatives. Perhaps we could use one of these with 'Melburnians' in place of Melbourne City FC.

post-177-0-91291200-1404966787_thumb.png

post-177-0-61209700-1404966876_thumb.jpg

What is it with all the "we need more blue"

Club will ensure we will be closer to full blue soon enough.

Keep as much red as possible while you still can

also its a supporter group !!

Charcoal was used with YS and that wasn't a club colour. Supporters can take whatever angle they want. Just because the club is using blue doesn't mean we have to have a certain balance of colours.

• Like 1

That's the other good point Dylan, we may as well embrace White now, this would be our uniqueness in the A-League in terms of the colours coming from the stands.

As long as your not coming down that tunnel come game day I'm happy to embrace the white

• Like 2