Melbourne Football

Melburnians Scarf

Jimmy

What do people think of this design? think LR9's design but with a Melburnians logo down the bottom and predominately red. Sorry for the dodgey crop job and the 2D design will be longer with more white and blue stripe chunk things with bigger red gaps.

10516472_10201903105053924_1186575299_o.10492348_1507655616132682_88914849828138

Not bad, no melburnians on the body though?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do people think of this design? think LR9's design but with a Melburnians logo down the bottom and predominately red. Sorry for the dodgey crop job and the 2D design will be longer with more white and blue stripe chunk things with bigger red gaps.

10516472_10201903105053924_1186575299_o.10492348_1507655616132682_88914849828138

Not bad, no melburnians on the body though?

So much better that way!

FWIW: 

H7pSCsD.jpg?1

I like that !! Nice simple and clean. Classics never go out of style.

Make is even sexier by making it a sewn on badge

Edited by thedukeofhearts
  • Like 1

Do like this design! Although I think there is a bit too much red if we left the 2 end panels white then I think it would be perfect! Logo would look more predominant on a white background too IMO

Red and blue don't go together. I reckon future designs should shy away from such. Just my 2 cents.

Clearly you have never been to Port Melbourne...

FWIW I reckon embracing White as this New Club's colour would look best with these scarves but I am sure the boys in The Melburnians Core will make a solid choice when comes to picking the best design.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Screen_Shot_2014_07_08_at_10_34_11.png

Best design by far. Shat all over mine, even though I was sorta thinking along those lines...your excecution is fantastic! 

White is our clubs main colour now. Embrace it. And you have in this design.

I call out to the "Core of Melburnians!"

Please choose this design.

I Would rock this. :clap:

I think this would look better with a less bolder looking font.

I second this.

Also, what could we have on the other side?

Shameless self promotion :P

but what about what I did with the back?

Wqv9Epz.png?1

With the lines in the centre changed to reflect the front.

Edited by Dylan

I second this.

probably a bit corny but what about "our hearts beat true"

For the red and the blue? As we sing this song to you.........

No I wouldn't want to use a line and membership slogan from a club that's been around since 1859 also called Melbourne

I second this.

probably a bit corny but what about "our hearts beat true"

For the red and the blue? As we sing this song to you.........

No I wouldn't want to use a line and membership slogan from a club that's been around since 1859 also called Melbourne

:redcard:  Port Melbourne FC adopted this song before Melbourne FC stole it of us. :up:

I second this.

I still have a fair bit of teen angst pushing well into my 30's, so i'm going to go for either 'burn the city or 'burn till we die.

Why not just "Melbourne" like the reverse of the original Yarraside scarves? Keep it simple?

Edit: I mean for the reverse of the scarf not instead of Melburnians

Dont think you guys should put melburnians on one side then melbourne on the other.

Why not just "Melbourne" like the reverse of the original Yarraside scarves? Keep it simple?

Edit: I mean for the reverse of the scarf not instead of Melburnians

Dont think you guys should put melburnians on one side then melbourne on the other.

Just let the scarf printers finish those kind of details when they design it

• Like 1

It would be somewhat appropriate to use some reference to old Heart on the back of the scarf. Eg; heart of the city etc.....

I'm sure club will put out their own scarf with city Fc on it so we don't have to.

Lets not swing too much too soon to the sky blue/city planet.

I'm certain club will take us there gradually. Hold on to the last threads our short history for as long as we can

I don't think a slogan as such is necessary and theres no reason why one side cant be blank, with the other saying 'Melburnians', it would be kinda like a reversible jacket.

But if it's a must, maybe 'We are Melbourne' or Heart of Melbourne' could be considered.

• Like 1

I like LR9 idea of leaving it blank, but here's a quick burncity mock up with the other logo for a reverse side. Don't take much notice of the fine detail it's just a very quick example and different font etc.

burncity-scarf-option_zpsbbd0dc3f.jpg

Sorry if I missed something but why burn city