Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

I will learn to deal with the name and like I've said on a few posts and even my email to the blokes, im here to help the Terrance when ever.

I will say though, the emblem is something we need to look at though. I'm not sure if it's cause of copyright issues, but I think if a Heart is to be there, it needs to either be the outline of the Melb Heart emblem or nothing at all.

Much like the above, everyone needs to get behind the lads involved and really help the terrace grow! The terrace growth is probably, well hopefully, going to grow proportionally to the overall attendance so exciting times ahead. The logo needs work though. Yarraside logo was absolute class, this one is quite a big step down.

One reason to go to a vote even if it was obvious what the answer would be is to make people feel like they chose the name or that it really was the most popular. But it might have caused more problems so I don't know, maybe this is fine. Just seems a bit strange to be talking about including everyone and then not having a vote- something I think most of us were pretty much expecting despite what the exact working may have been.. 

I think the logo is good just needs a minor tweak. What that tweak is I don't know. 

Edited by Alexxandro

Not a name that grabs me it seems a bit of a nothing/vanilla name "Melbourne City Melburnians" but hey if that's what the majority wants so be it. I'll accept it and support the terrace. Thanks for your work guys.

have to agree. find the name really dull, boring and a little cringeworthy, but pftt. Don't really care for names. Just as long as there's passion in the stands.

Can live with Melburnians better then something like 'heartland' and the logos ok, only thing i'd suggest is maybe changing the number on the logo to when heart was founded rather then the year Melbourne was founded but all in all i'm cool with it :up:

Year is when Melbourne was given city status not when Melbourne was founded hence the relation between the date and us being called city, however I do agree with previous reference with dates on logos usually being when that group is founded and may be perceived in that regard from outsiders however I'm happy with finished product (maybe heart needs a little working on)

The beauty of this name is all city supporters can feel part of it without even being active.

In time if your a city supporter you are automatically a melburnian. (Once its accepted by the masses)

Exactly this.

Also, we apologize if the naming process came across as exclusive. We're definitely going to be asking for the input of the supporter community for stuff like scarf designs and the like so I hope you all can still get involved.

The Melburnians??

Are you serious???

I'm sorry if this comes across as me having a go, but could we have picked a stronger and less cheesier name them that.

I don't see how it's cheesy... It's the demonym for people of Melbourne.

Really? Its not cheesy???

To start off with, it reminds me way too much of "The Cityzens" or how ever they spell it. Secondly aren't the visitors technicall5 "Melburnians" also.

Come on guys. Even the emblem. If your gonna have a heart in the emblem, why not the orginal emblem and not an actual heart.

Again this is not having a go at the 4 blokes who got this train going forward, but when I think of a terrace, the name usually needs to be a strong one.

Melburnians is just not a name I would put in that category.

Again just my opinion.

Common sense, mate.

Yes, the Visitors are Melburnians, in that they also come from Melbourne, but we can make the name our own; we can BE Melbourne.

As for whether it's applicable to a terrace, well that depends entirely on the terrace itself.

"Our colour scheme will largely remain red and white, but as you can see by our logo we will not shy away from incorporating hints of sky blue. We are supporting Melbourne City FC and will therefore support ALL the colours of our club."

If we are supporting the colours of the club, shouldn't it be majority blue with a hint of red? Bit of a contradiction don't you think?

To the guys who chose the name, no need to apologise or to defend your choices - you made the effort and earned the right to choose.

Stay strong and work hard because what you bring on match day is so very important for the club.

Looking forward to Melburbians1847 being huge, as was Yarraside, and to the club's new beginnings

• Like 4

"Our colour scheme will largely remain red and white, but as you can see by our logo we will not shy away from incorporating hints of sky blue. We are supporting Melbourne City FC and will therefore support ALL the colours of our club."

If we are supporting the colours of the club, shouldn't it be majority blue with a hint of red? Bit of a contradiction don't you think?

There's not much blue in our kits to be fair. At least for the moment.

The only blue is the stripe on the home kit at the moment. We are predominantly white.

There's not much blue in our kits to be fair. At least for the moment.

There is a hell of a lot more blue than red.

The only blue is the stripe on the home kit at the moment. We are predominantly white.

Then why red? It's our away strip. It would be like the victards having a fluoro yellow logo.

Then why red? It's our away strip. It would be like the victards having a fluoro yellow logo.

Seriously? 

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that red was our primary colour for our first 5 years.

• Like 4

Name is good, the year is irrelevant to the club, the logo - don't like it.

This.

What's with the year? Does it have any significance at all?

Like the name a lot BTW.

I am pretty sure Melbourne was founded in 1835 and I think that's what the purpose of the 47 is. Let's just hope I'm wrong because it might look a tad silly if they are