Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

I was under the impression that the suggestions would be narrowed down to a few and then a vote would occur. That's why I didn't post any suggestion to the email, or did I miss the vote? 

*I wouldn't have voted for Melburnians and I'm not having a crack, just curious is all.

Edited by Deluka
  • Like 2

I was under the impression that the suggestions would be narrowed down to a few and then a vote would occur. That's why I didn't post any suggestion to the email, or did I miss the vote? 

*I wouldn't have voted for Melburnians and I'm not having a crack, just curious is all.

To clear this up, if the original post didn't explain it clearly enough. The suggestions received to the email overwhelmingly suggested Melburnians as a sole suggestion or at the top of many lists. The majority of people posting suggestions on the forum were in favour of Melburnians or not opposed to it, it struck us as the best name to suit the whole supporter group rather than just some of the more niche  sections, it was also the least boring of all of the neutral options.

Hopefully that clears it up. Long story short, with the overwhelming support for Melburnians, wasting time on a vote seemed silly in the end, and the name was voted unanimously amongst the 15 or so who currently exist in the core or outer-core too.

They originally said that they would take suggestions then decide whether core would choose the name or put it to a terrace vote. They never promised that it would go to a vote.

• Like 5

We found that Melburnians was easily the most popular suggestion from the general consensus on the forum and more specifically the emails, so much so that we felt a vote would of been superfluous. Also everyone in the leadership group were happy to role with the name. We have very little time before the FFA Cup to get scarfs and banners made and a vote would of wasted time we don't have.

• Like 1

The Melburnians??

Are you serious???

I'm sorry if this comes across as me having a go, but could we have picked a stronger and less cheesier name them that.

Gents let's show support, some may not like the name but at the end of the day it was a majority preference, we are never going to satisfy all but what we can do is support those who are willing to put their time and effort into it

• Like 4

Great work guys, exciting times ahead for all of us!

We don't all have to agree with the name (I personally like it) but it's important we all get behind it, support the new core leadership group through new and potentially challenging times and establish the new terrace in time for our first competitive game. 

I've got a really good feeling about all of this, absolutely buzzing for the start of the season already.

I would of loved to have seen a poll or something on here similar.

Not saying that you blokes just picked it yourselves just cause u liked it, but would of been a hell of a better way to see what people wanted. You would of received me responses as well.

• Like 2

The Melburnians??

Are you serious???

I'm sorry if this comes across as me having a go, but could we have picked a stronger and less cheesier name them that.

I don't see how it's cheesy... It's the demonym for people of Melbourne.

Really? Its not cheesy???

To start off with, it reminds me way too much of "The Cityzens" or how ever they spell it. Secondly aren't the visitors technicall5 "Melburnians" also.

Come on guys. Even the emblem. If your gonna have a heart in the emblem, why not the orginal emblem and not an actual heart.

Again this is not having a go at the 4 blokes who got this train going forward, but when I think of a terrace, the name usually needs to be a strong one.

Melburnians is just not a name I would put in that category.

Again just my opinion.

• Like 6

Love the name and can't complain.

Also love the logo but is it just me or does the red look a bit pink. It should be darker IMO.

Red looks fine to me, might just be your screen?

Hmm yeah, just checked it on mobile and it seems fine.

Yarraside had the same issues in the early days. When we finally decided, it was received with mixed opinions, even though it was the majority option.

It will grow on you, not only through exposure/brand recognition, but through the memories and emotional attachment that you will have in the future, be it in or around the terrace.

Well done lads, great choice. You've got my support.

• Like 6