Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

The problem with putting a poll on here and letting people vote on it is that their is a large amount of victory dickheads/other supporters who will come on and fuck around with it due to the fact they have nothing better to do. I have no problems personally with those who are leading the new terrance making the decision on the name, due to the fact they are the ones who will be investing a large amount of money and time into the terrance.

Its not like decision on the name and logo were made in haste, the meeting was on the 23rd of June so it was roughly 2 weeks ago. Some people are acting on here like the name and badge were made in a couple hours over some beers when it clearly wasn't. You can't please everyone and from what i have seen on here so far all the new leaders of the Melburnians seem friendly and happy enough to listen to people ideas on improving the terrance so don't think that this is the finished product, their is room to build and improve on the new terrance.

If you wish to fast track any changes to the terrance however, get off the computer and get down to the imp and meet your new terrance leaders. They seem more than happy to listen to ideas :)

Get what you're saying and mostly agree, my only thing with the meetings at the Imp is that they only suit people who live in and around Melbourne and can make those times easily outside of work.

If you want to set a time and place in mildura (know plenty of good drinking holes for it) then be my guest but chances are the 6 hour drive would kill the idea since most couldn't make it - something you shouldn't be begrudge those who couldn't for any meeting as it's not really a lack of intent that stops them

Same must go the other way. Some of us just can't feasibly make it. So the poll is good. Some will look to abuse it yes, but at least you give some a say. Doesn't have to be final either - just something for the core to think about when they decide.

By all means if some other means of getting involved pops up then great.

Edited by mattyh001

Why do people mention the vote being fucked up by victory supporters all the time?

It's not hard to get around. Simply make a vote eligible only to those who have been members for over a week then make the voting period close within a week. Ta-daaa

Yep, this would definitely work.

"Member since 2012" ;)

You're a flog, Scouse. Accept the fact that everyone in the Australian Football Community thinks you are and please give up on the wanna be troll act as everyone can see past it now and is at the point where they are now feeling sorry for you. 

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1

Look I applaud the leaders that made Melburnians happen. I'm 100% behind them... But me suggesting logo's and that isnt out of a lack of respect or understanding of how hard they worked and will continue to work.. It's just in my eyes, and in the eyes of many others, the logo looks pretty bad and amateurish. 

We can do better and some of the nominations so far have been tremendous... We want to help to build something as opposed to make a mockery of it. We are together as a group weren't we, that was an objective, to be inclusive?

Let suggestions and criticism help to evolve what will be a very happy and successful new chapter of the club we love.

• Like 1

The problem with putting a poll on here and letting people vote on it is that their is a large amount of victory dickheads/other supporters who will come on and fuck around with it due to the fact they have nothing better to do. I have no problems personally with those who are leading the new terrance making the decision on the name, due to the fact they are the ones who will be investing a large amount of money and time into the terrance.

Its not like decision on the name and logo were made in haste, the meeting was on the 23rd of June so it was roughly 2 weeks ago. Some people are acting on here like the name and badge were made in a couple hours over some beers when it clearly wasn't. You can't please everyone and from what i have seen on here so far all the new leaders of the Melburnians seem friendly and happy enough to listen to people ideas on improving the terrance so don't think that this is the finished product, their is room to build and improve on the new terrance.

If you wish to fast track any changes to the terrance however, get off the computer and get down to the imp and meet your new terrance leaders. They seem more than happy to listen to ideas :)

Get what you're saying and mostly agree, my only thing with the meetings at the Imp is that they only suit people who live in and around Melbourne and can make those times easily outside of work.

If you want to set a time and place in mildura (know plenty of good drinking holes for it) then be my guest but chances are the 6 hour drive would kill the idea since most couldn't make it - something you shouldn't be begrudge those who couldn't for any meeting as it's not really a lack of intent that stops them

Same must go the other way. Some of us just can't feasibly make it. So the poll is good. Some will look to abuse it yes, but at least you give some a say. Doesn't have to be final either - just something for the core to think about when they decide.

Yeah can see what you're saying, i don't really know how large the support is for city in country towns but at the end of the day the majority of our supporters live in and around Melbourne so you can only please so many people. However, this doesn't stop someone who lives in a country town to PM one of the new terrace leaders and ask to have a say in naming the new terrance or ask on how they can be more involved in the new terrance.

Maybe even if someone could set up a Mildura branch of Melburnians and report back to the new leaders on ways to improve the terrance? Just floating some ideas.

Yeah can see what you're saying, i don't really know how large the support is for city in country towns but at the end of the day the majority of our supporters live in and around Melbourne so you can only please so many people. However, this doesn't stop someone who lives in a country town to PM one of the new terrace leaders and ask to have a say in naming the new terrance or ask on how they can be more involved in the new terrance.

Maybe even if someone could set up a Mildura branch of Melburnians and report back to the new leaders on ways to improve the terrance? Just floating some ideas.

that esteemed group the Meldurians?

MELBURNIANS - WE GATHER STRENGTH AS WE GO

or

MELBURNIANS - HEART OF MELBOURNE

is better than

MELBURNIANS - HEART OF THE CITY

Slogans :droy:

I would say they are mottoes rather than slogans. Summarizing the general motivation or intention of the social group or organization known as "Melburnians".

As such, quite desirable on a badge.

• Like 1

Are you now just trolling with calling it a "Terrance"??????

• Like 1

"Stop using the rules of your religion to tell me how to live my life. Get out of my way and let me marry him!".

If someone can manage to fit that on the badge it would be real nice. Perfect slogan.

SBS, quality stuff

• Like 1

Why do people mention the vote being fucked up by victory supporters all the time?

It's not hard to get around. Simply make a vote eligible only to those who have been members for over a week then make the voting period close within a week. Ta-daaa

"Member since 2012" ;)

You're a flog, Scouse. Accept the fact that everyone in the Australian Football Community thinks you are and please give up on the wanna be troll act as everyone can see past it now and is at the point where they are now feeling sorry for you.

Worked on you didn't it? ;)

"Member since 2012" ;)  

Worked on you didn't it? ;)

hahaha

hehehe

hohoho

huehuehue

lel

lol

lulz

lololol

u funny

Ok with a bit of a cleaner touch up and finish these are the 3 I've come up with

logo1.png

logored.png

logo2.png

The last one looks great!

We need to have a little red in the logo(heart-red & white). But the blue city skyline looks better than the red!

Although the all blue without red looks great too!

Edited by BazelCityFan

By all means if some other means of getting involved pops up then great. Yeah can see what you're saying, i don't really know how large the support is for city in country towns but at the end of the day the majority of our supporters live in and around Melbourne so you can only please so many people. However, this doesn't stop someone who lives in a country town to PM one of the new terrace leaders and ask to have a say in naming the new terrance or ask on how they can be more involved in the new terrance.

It's terence mate :)

By all means if some other means of getting involved pops up then great. Yeah can see what you're saying, i don't really know how large the support is for city in country towns but at the end of the day the majority of our supporters live in and around Melbourne so you can only please so many people. However, this doesn't stop someone who lives in a country town to PM one of the new terrace leaders and ask to have a say in naming the new terrance or ask on how they can be more involved in the new terrance.

It's terence mate :)

Noticed a few comments about the formation of RBB...

"Worst name EVER"

"Way to soft name"

"Will not appeal to anyone"

"Good luck with that name LOL"

Yeah, some would say nothing much has changed tho' :ph34r:

Who cares. The name has been chosen so get use to it! It isn't changing now! Far out.....

"Worst name EVER"

"Way to soft name"

Yeah, some would say nothing much has changed tho' :ph34r:

Who cares. The name has been chosen so get use to it! It isn't changing now! Far out.....

I think the comments are referring to the creation of the red n black brigade if i am not mistaking and are not towards the name Melburnians

"Worst name EVER"

"Way to soft name"

Yeah, some would say nothing much has changed tho' :ph34r: Who cares. The name has been chosen so get use to it! It isn't changing now! Far out.....

I think the comments are referring to the creation of the red n black brigade if i am not mistaking and are not towards the name Melburnians

Yes, but it's going to conclude in a debate over the name Melburnians.

If anyone has any final submission for the Melburnians badge they should get it in by around 5PM tonight or we'll be going to a poll and asking social media to choose between LR9's badge and the roundle with the Olive Reathes as they're clearly the two most popular suggestions and have both been popping up around the web.

If anyone has any final submission for the Melburnians badge they should get it in by around 5PM tonight or we'll be going to a poll and asking social media to choose between LR9's badge and the roundle with the Olive Reathes as they're clearly the two most popular suggestions and have both been popping up around the web.

Which one from LR9?

Revised.

BsaGaQW.png

• Like 2

Revised.

BsaGaQW.png

I understand your love for the the heart, but please no heart, it looks better without it. IMO