Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

Gold lettering on blue looks horrible. Also, as I said previously, it was agreed at the meeting that the colours should still be mainly red and white. 

I think it's important to keep that in mind. 

Besides, our home kit is mainly white with a little bit of blue and our away is red and white. Sky blue is definitely not our main colour.

This logo image.jpg is getting alot of likes at the moment as it encompasses the red and white with the new sky blue. I think we're onto a winner! :)

Too much blue. How about this:

Screen_Shot_2014_07_04_at_15_24_32.png

Gold lettering on blue looks horrible. Also, as I said previously, it was agreed at the meeting that the colours should still be mainly red and white. 

Besides, our home kit is mainly white with a little bit of blue and our away is red and white. Sky blue is definitely not our main colour.

This logo image.jpg is getting alot of likes at the moment as it encompasses the red and white with the new sky blue. I think we're onto a winner! :)

sorry to be a pain but how about navy blue on the lettering the more i look at the clubs logo the better it gets

We're not victory though so I personally wouldn't have navy blue anywhere.

But you have it on your strip in the logo? lol

Edited by drewmelbcity

Too much blue. How about this:

Screen_Shot_2014_07_04_at_15_24_32.png

Looks like you have incorporated a Tyre in our logo, i'm joking, i like it

I am still upset that the club have not put a red stripe on the home strip, and my support for the club after the take over has taken a hit. So I exceptionally glad with the decision to go with the predominately red and white with a touch of blue - the way it should be.

The name Melburnians sounds exclusive to us and should rile the Melbourne Poverty supporters, which is always a good thing :).

As our membership has rolled over we will still be around the active area and hopefully this new chapter in the clubs history will grow on us.

I look forward to buying a scarf in support of the work you boys have done.

COYBIR(and a touch of b )

Edited by Peter

sorry to be a pain but how about navy blue on the lettering the more i look at the clubs logo the better it gets

But you have it on your strip in the logo? lol That's charcoal ;) (well it's supposed to be charcoal lol, don't blame me I'm no good with Photoshop - it's paints version of charcoal haha)

Edited by Damiano

But you have it on your strip in the logo? lol

im liking this logo a lot and a majority are aswell can we just settle on this

I think the heart is ideal in the badge, because the club itself doesn't truly acknowledge Melbourne Heart, or as the club calls it "the club that would become Melbourne City FC". The microscopic heart badges on the sides of the Melbourne City badge, whilst better than nothing, are poor recognition.

So I think it's important for the supporters to at least keep a part of Melbourne Heart alive, and I think the heart in the logo and the predominance of red & white does that very well.  

• Like 2

Screen_Shot_2014_07_04_at_13_36_33.png
Some variations on the original (top left).

bottom right

Bottom right definitely, best one I've seen so far. There is way too much red in the original badge and with the rounded heart it looks like a lolly pop wrapper. Bottom right!!!

Out of all the designs so far I like these three the best:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Third one still my favourite

Bottom is the best........

I agree, we can capture melb heart without the need for a heart or the old logo. For me image.jpg this works the best. Its class!

• Like 1

Out of all the designs so far I like these three the best:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Third one still my favourite

Bottom is the best........

I agree, we can capture melb heart without the need for a heart or the old logo. For me image.jpg this works the best. Its class!

Get the votes up for this one, looks great!

• Like 1

The 'home kit' is going to change next year, most likely, to full sky blue.

Something to keep in mind.

Don't think that will happen unitl there are at least another 5-6 teams in the comp, as I don't think FFA will allow it

Edited by Damiano

Yeah like many others have said Melburnians is a great name but if a year needs to be added please make it 2014. As a history teacher who works at a certain historical park in Ballarat I am all for acknowledging history, trust me. But we need to be proud of our roots and who we are as a collective, Melburnians started in 2014. This 1847 nonsense makes me cringe and does nothing at all but make us a laughing stock to other teams. While I am not in the core, and have no say, please reconsider.

• Like 3

I commented that 1847 was stupid.

So that gets guzumped by something even more moronic with people wanting 2014. FFS PEOPLE!!

If you want to pay homage to our history, and to Melbourne Heart then why the fuck would you put 2014 ,the year that Heart officially was killed?

Seriously- NO FUCKING 1847 and no 2014 bullshit.

FMD!

I commented that 1847 was stupid.

So that gets guzumped by something even more moronic with people wanting 2014. FFS PEOPLE!!

If you want to pay homage to our history, and to Melbourne Heart then why the fuck would you put 2014 ,the year that Heart officially was killed?

Seriously- NO FUCKING 1847 and no 2014 bullshit.

FMD!

Because 2014 was the year that the supporters group was established.