Melbourne Football

Favorite Melbourne Heart moment

drewmelbcity

I'm not sure if anyone has ever posted this topic for discussion, but I would like to gather everybody's thoughts on their favorite Melbourne Heart moment, I will start by saying my favorite moment would have to be Derby 5, purely because Victory had scored the first goal of the match we were looking ordinary and those Victory tards were giving it to us, that was until Matty Thompson scored two wonderful goals and what look like a bleak evening turned to elation just before half time. The second half turned out to be 45 minutes of celebration as we controlled the play and Terra put the icing on the cake. That there is my favorite moment! 

• Like 1

surely pumping those cock suckers 4-0 last season when we were the worst team in the league sitting bottom, when they were 3rd (or 4th). Funny now that i look back at that game and think to my self that, that scoreline is just one of many beltings to come against them :)

• Like 1

2-1 win over Sydney FC last season with 10 men when Willo scored that great solo goal in the 89th minute (after a Richie Garcia fuck-up to ice the cake).

Christmas derby where Matt Thompson scored the double was great too as it was my first ever Heart game.

• Like 1

2-1 win over Sydney FC last season with 10 men when Willo scored that great solo goal in the 89th minute (after a Richie Garcia fuck-up to ice the cake).

Christmas derby where Matt Thompson scored the double was great too as it was my first ever Heart game.

Agree, that was a great night!

The 4-0 win was something special. Chanting "There's only one team in Melbourne" at the end was just... just perfect haha.

The 4 nil win was nice i must admit but it was also bitter sweet knowing that they would be playing finals and we would well be finishing last...

Edited by drewmelbcity

4-0, sitting on halfway line for engelaars bomb.

I was sitting at the end the ball went into the net for Engelaars goal and I remember it taking a split moment in my mind to actually register what had just happened

When you watch it on replays it went so quick, but at the ground it seemed to float for a lifetime.

• Like 2

Have to say from an pure emotional point of view the sydney game we won 2-1 was the best. I think the fact it was a Friday night, the city was buzzing with people from the cricket, the fact we had had such a shit season till then, being 10 men down and just the class of Williams to take the ball from the half way line by himself against 2-3 defenders in the dying moments of the game makes it unbelievable for me. But then very close behind is as the 3-2 Xmas derby win, and the 4-0 drubbing we gave the visitors as well.

• Like 3

4-0, sitting on halfway line for engelaars bomb.

I was sitting at the end the ball went into the net for Engelaars goal and I remember it taking a split moment in my mind to actually register what had just happened

When you watch it on replays it went so quick, but at the ground it seemed to float for a lifetime.

I remember turning to my mate and saying "no he hasn't," when he kicked it. Ahh was fantastic.

Honorable mentions:

- First derby, beating Victory in our first ever meeting was just so sweet. Being my first game in the stands made it sweeter.

- 3-2 Christmas derby with Thompson's double. Coming back from behind was just so good.

- 4-0 derby last year. Absolutely amazing.

- The comeback against Adelaide in Adelaide in season 1.

- Engelaar's goal vs Mariners.

- Mebrahtu's goal vs Perth to win it in the 87th minute.

- 2-1 win against Sydney including Williams' winner.

But for me the greatest moment I have ever experienced as a Heart supporter was the droughtbreaking 3-1 win against the Jets at AAMI Park last season. After 19 long games without a win, getting the three points was the best feeling. I remember just how amazing it felt when that final whistle went and just how nuts the whole crowd went. Plus it included yet another of the best moments in our history: Engelaar's debut. The way the crowd went up when he was on the sideline waiting to come on, and his first few moments of brilliance. Amazing night. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

A good thread drew. Some good memories made by several ...

For Me

Game one Thursday 5th Aug 2010- CCM at home and 20 of us walking down from The Imperial singing away, and being on Fox -

I still have it on Fox IQ ... I remember looking around AAMI for the first time and thinking , this is home for the Heart.

Also, Away to Brisbane and Germano scored and put the Xmas hat on then got booked. 
That Brisbane game 17 MHFC fans Packed the away End ... Munn, Gadir and the players all came over and shook each of our hands and thanked us for coming. 

Melbourne Heart Memories ....... Thanx Drew :):rolleyes:

Edited by TPH1

For 2013/14 season

2-1 Sydney was an amazing night for me. It was a game that was full of everything and ill always remember when Dick Garcia turned the ball over to williams and then Williams showed something we are not used to, composure. :wub:

And for some reason, 3-3 Adelaide was a memorable game for me until adelaide scored that last goal. It was a tale of two halves with the silent protest, 2-0 down at half time and then yside was back up in the second and andrea scored two crackers followed by williams' penalty that wasnt  :wub:

Obvious other games are:

4-0 derby

Engelaar goal omg

In two categories for me when talking about favourite heart moments. 

Off-field wise: 

T-he brisbane game we won 3-2 (i think?) where some bloke got hit in the back of the head with a half eaten dim sim after the final siren was blown. Fuck that was funny.

-I'd probably also say the CCM game where it was going to be cancelled due to too much rain and everytime the ball was kicked on the pitch we went 'oiiiiii!'. Don't know if it was the same CCM game (but i know it was against CCM),  i remember we sung 'we are Melbourne' for a full half pretty solidly and was probably the best yarraside I've been in. I remember going to finders street station to get home and members of yarraside were there, still singing it. Was pretty off-tit

On field wise:

-David Williams game winner against Sydney is pretty hard to go past, even though he's the most overrated soccer player in history.

-The derbies we won :)

The 4-1 against Brisbane at home, I remember how surreal it felt to win by such a margin against such a good team.  

The home game that was the culmination of the "One Melburnian" campaign (was it Adelaide or Sydney?). I brought a couple of my Eurosnob cousins along and I was so nervous that we were going to play like shit, but we ended up pulling out a really impressive performance, one to be proud of, and I remember Yarraside being fucking loud and inspirational that night too.  The cousins still never came back but were very impressed and full of praise for Heart.

Brisbane away with a great group of people.  First away trip, the whole weekend was amazing - except the 90 minutes on the pitch haha.  We lost 2-0 then got absolutely drenched in a Brisbane storm trying to get back to the hotel, but it didn't matter, we all went out to party anyway.  Manuca crashing in our room on two armchairs that he pushed together haha.

My first day in Yarraside.  Never looked back.

The behind the scenes of the Keep the Red and White campaign.  Hilarity, ambition and determination. Love you guys!

Best pre-game ever at Albury away, swimming in Lake Hume, then trying not to faint playing trumpet in the 43 degrees heat or whatever it was.

And I agree with the above about the Newcastle game where we broke our win drought and Engelaar debuted, I can still feel the rumble of the stadium as "Oo, ah, Engelaar" rang out.  Haunting and spine-tingling!