Melbourne Football

International Quota Rule

elieanid

Stupid question which I wanted to ask. If we sign Lampard....would that mean our quota would have been meet International stars allowed on our team or are we allowed to sign one more player considering we would have had 3 players on Visas: Duff, Villa & Lampard (most likely)? 

Isnt there a rule regarding 3 International players max for any A League team?

Edited by elieanid

Stupid question which I wanted to ask. If we sign Lampard....would that mean our quota would have been meet International stars allowed on our team or are we allowed to sign one more player considering we would have had 3 players on Visas: Duff, Villa & Lampard (most likely)?

Apparently five visa and marquee and guest stint don't count towards the five

Apparently five visa and marquee and guest stint don't count towards the five

I thought marquee did?

Apparently five visa and marquee and guest stint don't count towards the five I thought marquee did?

My understanding is that it doesn't

Apparently five visa and marquee and guest stint don't count towards the five I thought marquee did?

My understanding is that it doesn't

Marquee counts as one of the five spots. The only way an international player won't count will be if they are a guest player (i.e. Villa). 

How fucking hard is it to understand, when someone answers it maybe learn

you have 5 visa spots 

1, Germano
2, Wiealart 
3, Duff

and the guest stint is excluded from the 5 visas (being villa)

This means with these 2 free visa spots 1 can be the international marquee.