Melbourne Football

Active Support Meeting | Monday 23rd June | OFFICIAL MEETING MINUTES

Fingman

'MU5 are happy to deploy their tifo that was banned at the final home game of the 13/14 season, at the round 2 game against Newcastle.'

What was it/Why was it banned?

Also, probably getting a bit ahead of everything but since it was brought up at the meeting, was thinking a banner/tifo for first home game or derby should be something like "We may have money now, but we will always have heart!" or simply "We will always have heart!". Just a thought.

had to do with the keep the red and white campaign don't know all the details on it.

- Also removing distasteful chants, it cannot be helped if they naturally start, but the terrace should not encourage chants such as “Archie Thompson beats up his wife”.

Out. Archie Thompson beats up his wife will continue.

- Also removing distasteful chants, it cannot be helped if they naturally start, but the terrace should not encourage chants such as “Archie Thompson beats up his wife”.

Out. Archie Thompson beats up his wife will continue.

This is disgusting. You don't want to offend people by having words like 'red', 'white', 'blue', 'City' or 'heart' in the name but you'll trivialise violence against women? It's not funny, or clever and if you've ever engaged with someone who's had to deal with that crap you'd not suggest it.

• Like 2

Out.Archie Thompson beats up his wife will continue.

Out.Archie Thompson beats up his wife will continue. This is disgusting. You don't want to offend people by having words like 'red', 'white', 'blue', 'City' or 'heart' in the name but you'll trivialise violence against women? It's not funny, or clever and if you've ever engaged with someone who's had to deal with that crap you'd not suggest it. It's impossible to stop from happening anyway. Something we have not control over, whereas the name of the terrace is something we can control

I don't think we're trivializing violence against women at all, quite the opposite really but it's not about that. To echo Bozza it's really just about calling a cunt out for being a cunt.

But if we're being honest there is no way you could stop it even if we wanted to with all the rowdy specials who come three times a year just to abuse Archie and post hool selfies to instagram.

• Like 2

Out.Archie Thompson beats up his wife will continue.

Out.Archie Thompson beats up his wife will continue. This is disgusting. You don't want to offend people by having words like 'red', 'white', 'blue', 'City' or 'heart' in the name but you'll trivialise violence against women? It's not funny, or clever and if you've ever engaged with someone who's had to deal with that crap you'd not suggest it.

It is shaming Archie and not letting him bury his past indiscretions for which he received no punishment.

• Like 3

- Make chants gender equal so everyone can feel comfortable singing them. The example used was "We are the boys from yarraside", chants shouldn’t be specific to boys or girls, men or women

Lmao

Nothing to laugh about, it's about time this rampant culture of misogyny was stamped out of the terrance.

Next order of business is stopping people who say the team plays like girls when the team plays bad. It's offensive to women because women can play just as well as men when it comes to soccer. 

• Like 4

- Make chants gender equal so everyone can feel comfortable singing them. The example used was "We are the boys from yarraside", chants shouldn’t be specific to boys or girls, men or women

Lmao

Nothing to laugh about, it's about time this rampant culture of misogyny was stamped out of the terrance.

Next order of business is stopping people who say the team plays like girls when the team plays bad. It's offensive to women because women can play just as well as men when it comes to soccer. 

I dream of a day when the socceroos are ranked as highly in the world as the matildas

• Like 3

Lmao

Next order of business is stopping people who say the team plays like girls when the team plays bad. It's offensive to women because women can play just as well as men when it comes to soccer. Hope you're having a laugh mate

Lmao

Next order of business is stopping people who say the team plays like girls when the team plays bad. It's offensive to women because women can play just as well as men when it comes to soccer. Hope you're having a laugh mate

Womens feelings aren't a joke mate, all 2 of them in the terrance dragged their by their boyfriends.  :lol:

Edited by kingofhearts

Lmao

Womens feelings aren't a joke mate, all 2 of them in the terrance dragged their by their boyfriends.

i understand but belive they dont have to be there if they hate it that much 

It's offensive to women because women can play just as well as men when it comes to soccer.

No they can't. I'm all for equal opportunity, but lets call a spade a spade and not make out that men and women are physically the same.

• Like 2

swearing eg is part of the terrace brings young people in same as flares i personally like it makes for a way better atmosphere  

Young immature dipshits?

still get numbers and except all new terrace members i was only 16 when first going active support

You're going to have to re-write that, I have no clue what you said.

swearing eg is part of the terrace brings young people in same as flares i personally like it makes for a way better atmosphere  

Young immature dipshits?

still get numbers and except all new terrace members i was only 16 when first going active support

You're going to have to re-write that, I have no clue what you said.

young people are fine in terrace, i know may be immature but just need some guidance  not all dip shits, i was only 16 when i first went active support had no problems at all with anyone 

kingofhearts, I hate to be that guy but I'm going to be that guy...

There's no n in terrace :ph34r:

It's a deliberate spelling one imagines. Colloquial yarraside term. This

Wait, what? Ahaha

It has been an in joke for so long that some people have taken to think that 'terrance' is the legitimate word to refer to the terrace.

• Like 1

kingofhearts, I hate to be that guy but I'm going to be that guy...

There's no n in terrace :ph34r:

It's a deliberate spelling one imagines. Colloquial yarraside term. This Wait, what? Ahaha

It has been an in joke for so long that some people have taken to think that 'terrance' is the legitimate word to refer to the terrace.

:hmm: 

...  :clap:

Well, that was the first active support meeting I'd attended, and I was thoroughly impressed. Some really great, passionate debate.

Great job on the minutes, Fingman. Reckon you've covered everything superbly.

My fiance and I were debating whether to become active supporters or not - we've been sitting behind or next to Yarraside for about 1.5 seasons, but last night sealed the deal for us. We'll be there next season.

• Like 4

Well, that was the first active support meeting I'd attended, and I was thoroughly impressed. Some really great, passionate debate.

Great job on the minutes, Fingman. Reckon you've covered everything superbly.

My fiance and I were debating whether to become active supporters or not - we've been sitting behind or next to Yarraside for about 1.5 seasons, but last night sealed the deal for us. We'll be there next season.

Great to see you in active this season! You probably don't know who I am on here but it was great to meet you and your fiancé
  • Like 1

so what no more singing for the boys that are on the pitch more of a lets go humans.

Yes and only golf clapping is allowed C'mon you humans in red!!!!!!

I'm sure some fuckwit somewhere is offended by that too because its exclusive of the other animals in the animal kingdom

• Like 3