Melbourne Football

Active Support Meeting | Monday the 23rd of June at 7:30PM | The Imperial Hotel

Jimmy

I'm coming up from Warrnambool for this as I feel this is fundamentally important for the club and fans. I'm even going to brave the white line fever and drive home again afterwards. This is our chance to get involved in the new regime and as a foundation member of Heart, and a Yarraside regular we owe it to those who paved the way to get involved and continue their legacy. I'm disappointed that Yarraside is over and wish it was different, but we cannot dwell on the past or the opposition supporters will win. I'm willing to do my part even though I live almost 300ks away, and I'm looking forward to the new era to begin.

Having said that is like to thank Yarraside for everything they have done for us and their legacy shall not die if I can do/say something about it. Much respect to Y-Side... you will be missed terribly.

Perfect attitude AJ! I'll try and make it on Monday to offer any advice i can, if its wanted.

• Like 2

I don't turn 18 until next month, but am pretty keen as I've said many times throughout the last couple months. Could anyone be my 'guardian' to get in? -.-

I know form experience that if you just don't cause bother and don't buy beers you'll be fine (especially upstairs).

I'll come down as well to offer any help I possibly can.

• Like 2

I don't wish to sound like a critic, brothers and sisters but I'm kind of forced to make a point about the meeting.

I have read a couple of posts here, and on FB, about possible non-attendance due to the inconvenience of having to commute in from <insert outer Melbourne suburb here>

And like to respectfully remind them that some of us are making the trek from literally hundreds of kilometers away.

Inconvenient... you bet... but that's just how bloody important this club and its support is to me. The burden of distance is secondary in inconvenience to the loss of our active support, our atmosphere, and our soul. This club is of the highest importance to me (second only to my family and close friends), and I won't allow a 600km round trip be the pissy thorn of regret to my reasons for a no-show.

For those "umming and arring" about coming or not, I respectfully urge you to consider the consequences of us just giving up altogether. This is our chance to be heard by a group of like-minded supporters, who love this club as much as you do. I understand that some have family/work commitments and if so, this post is NOT targeting you! However the vibe of our club and it's active support are worth saving, then a dash across town to the Impy is not to much to ask or you.

Who knows, you might just have a bloody brilliant idea to share with us!

Make your voice be heard, make a small sacrifice for your terrace, regain the atmosphere, and let's get the team rising in 2014/15.

Who's with us?

Catch you at the Impy on Monday night!

• Like 3

I don't wish to sound like a critic, brothers and sisters but I'm kind of forced to make a point about the meeting.

I have read a couple of posts here, and on FB, about possible non-attendance due to the inconvenience of having to commute in from <insert outer Melbourne suburb here>

And like to respectfully remind them that some of us are making the trek from literally hundreds of kilometers away.

Inconvenient... you bet... but that's just how bloody important this club and its support is to me. The burden of distance is secondary in inconvenience to the loss of our active support, our atmosphere, and our soul. This club is of the highest importance to me (second only to my family and close friends), and I won't allow a 600km round trip be the pissy thorn of regret to my reasons for a no-show.

For those "umming and arring" about coming or not, I respectfully urge you to consider the consequences of us just giving up altogether. This is our chance to be heard by a group of like-minded supporters, who love this club as much as you do. I understand that some have family/work commitments and if so, this post is NOT targeting you! However the vibe of our club and it's active support are worth saving, then a dash across town to the Impy is not to much to ask or you.

Make your voice be heard, make a small sacrifice for your terrace, regain the atmosphere, and let's get the team rising in 2014/15.

Who's with us?

Don't worry too much dude, the people you speak of are probably not the people who's passion will fuel the active support group rebirth. Yours however is very impressive, props!

Who's with us?

Out of likes, but this is a top-drawer attitude mate :clap:

I am in pending there will still be train's running so I can get home. Always been a heart fan stood with the Yarraside for two seasons. But I am willing to volunteer in anyway possible and really put time and effort in! looking forward to the meeting and hopefully it can be a positive and constructive start!

I'm not sure if this is something that should be discussed at the meeting or not, but I feel like it's an important issue and will shape my active support going forward.

Given that YS have deemed (in their eyes) that Melbourne Heart is no longer and that we are now a completely new entity, is the new active support going to take the same view? That this is a completely new franchise? Or is the view that this club is a continuation of Melbourne Heart?

I think it's an important theoretical question that will determine a lot of things for me personally, and is imagine more broadly.

Morphine - my opinion is that the new group should recognise that we are still the same club. We still wear red & white, albeit away from home, we are still "The Heart" and even as our new owners put it in the membership drive we are "The Heart of the City". The coach is the same, most players are the same, the CEO and JD are the same and we (minus Yarraside) are the same supporters!

I think Celine Dion put it best, "My heart will go ooon aaand oooooon"!

• Like 2

Morphine - my opinion is that the new group should recognise that we are still the same club. We still wear red & white, albeit away from home, we are still "The Heart" and even as our new owners put it in the membership drive we are "The Heart of the City". The coach is the same, most players are the same, the CEO and JD are the same and we (minus Yarraside) are the same supporters!

I don't understand how people can list all the things that have changed and still say its the same club.

Morphine - my opinion is that the new group should recognise that we are still the same club. We still wear red & white, albeit away from home, we are still "The Heart" and even as our new owners put it in the membership drive we are "The Heart of the City". The coach is the same, most players are the same, the CEO and JD are the same and we (minus Yarraside) are the same supporters!

I don't understand how people can list all the things that have changed and still say its the same club.

I don't understand how anyone can say we're not the same club. If I buy a house, sure the house has a different owner. And sure I might add a fucking jacoozi and nice under cover decking great for al fresco dining. But it's still the same fucking house.

• Like 3