Melbourne Football

MelbourneFootball.com future

Tesla

The time is now right to announce some changes to MelbourneFootball.com

The main aim is to turn this website into a community website for all the fans, rather than just a forum.

Firstly, the logo will obviously change, but we are waiting for one of our members to complete the design for it, a temporary logo may go up in the mean time.

Secondly, these members will be instated as Moderators within the next day or two:

jw1739 - one of the most respected members of this forum, nothing more needs to be said.

hedaik - another respected community member, as well as a significant content contributor for MelbourneFootball.com (see below).

Thirdly, you may have noticed that the forum can be found at forum.melbournefootball.com, that's because at melbournefootball.com will reside articles and other Melbourne City related content. This is a call out to all those interested in writing articles or providing any other content to get in touch with me via PM. So far hedaik has been confirmed that he will be continuing his match day photography and posting them on melbournefootball.com. Discussions are ongoing with others about providing other content.

Expect to see these changes rolled out over the next few days.

• Like 3

Will you be sticking around mate or do you see your involvement winding down as a result of everything?

I'm sticking around. If anything my involvement with the forum will be increased for a little while at least, until all the new things get set up. Then I'll just continue as usual I think.

I want this to stay the number 1 website for Melbourne City fans, and everyone I've talked seems to think the same. I think it will only be better with increased influence from different segments on the supporter base.

• Like 3

Just an update, we now have a new logo thanks to forum member Baresi:

SRUO1Te.png

We also have some photos from the Ballarat game (thanks to hedaik) to go up, so expect something shortly!

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

I certainly wish I could say there was no need on a graphic designer and damn Im creative guy, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

This really makes no sense at all but the thing is I love Hands Up EuroDance.

Is it Helgas Quality?

• Like 1

http://melbournefootball.com/

Pretty basic for now but it will be built upon, I have many ideas and there are plenty of ways to improve everything, just needs time and money really.

I want to integrate the forum with the main site so the same accounts can be used to comment on articles etc (comments are disabled for now), there is a piece of software already out there to do it (well 2 actually), but since I've taken over the website from Yarraside I've had to pay for a bunch of things already so it might have to wait a little while. I dont want to have ads on here ever but I might look at other monetisation options to make improving the website easier.

Next order of business is to change the forum colours and logo to match the main site now, install some new forum moderators, and play around with the colours on the main site as well as there are bits of orange that need to be changed to red and maybe I can incorporate the blue a bit.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1