Melbourne Football

Yarraside Announcment

Tesla

Freeze time, we all loved the Yarraside name. But the people who created it and put hours into it see it as a Melbourne Heart supporter group and would rather not be the name of the MCFC supporter group. I'd rather we kept the name too, but I can respect their wishes and move on.

Chill the fuck out, we will get a new name. The bigger issue is replacing the people.

I think everyone involved with yarraside did a fantastic job. I loved the name but I understand why it cant stay. We will come up with a new name for MCFC. I do hope they dont sit in the next bay and chant and yell at us and try and disturbed the new terrece and from the people I got to know over the last few years aren't like that any way.

• Like 2

OS, and just read this.

Had a feeling this was coming, however it is a still a hollow feeling.

Maximam respect to all involved in the creation and running of Y-Side.

The terrace was the reason many of us developed a love for this club, be it in the southern end or observing from around the ground.

I know the commited, and passionate 5,000 odd members we have had from the start will not forget where this club came from and the people on game day who created the Heart atmosphere.

It's an end of an era, but what a ripper time it has been.

Thankyou Yarraside.

If I had of known that Yarraside belonged to a select little clique that could just decide to pack up our active support and piss off when they felt like it I would never have sung a single song with you. This whole core member, senior member elitist heirarchy is cancerous and you know what good riddance. I hope a new active group starts and enshrined in it's inception is the value that it belongs to the fans and not a little group of elitists.

And this whole we'll still attend games bullshit. Let me guess you guys are gonna find a little corner or sit in the bay next to the new active group? The little cool kids corner for all the dressers? pfft...

What a toss. A self serving egotostical trip you've all been on.

Time to accept what is it mate. Not the first time you've come on here to have a go at YS if I recall correctly.

The reason for everything that's been done has been explained. Accept and respect the decision.

EDIT: when that select clique created and ran the group for 5 years, I think they have earn the right to call it quits, albeit under regrettable circumstances. And that 'select little group' considered the opinions of everyone who makes an extended effort for Yarraside before the unanimous decision.

I also think you're underestimating how hard it is for some us to see YS go and it's not a decision that anyone took lightly. You probably sang songs with us every 2nd week, cheers for that effort - but for Core and myself with my own crew Yarraside was a daily commitment.

Thanks bro.

Edited by marteaux

If I had of known that Yarraside belonged to a select little clique that could just decide to pack up our active support and piss off when they felt like it I would never have sung a single song with you. This whole core member, senior member elitist heirarchy is cancerous and you know what good riddance. I hope a new active group starts and enshrined in it's inception is the value that it belongs to the fans and not a little group of elitists.

And this whole we'll still attend games bullshit. Let me guess you guys are gonna find a little corner or sit in the bay next to the new active group? The little cool kids corner for all the dressers? pfft...

What a toss. A self serving egotostical trip you've all been on.

Time to accept what is it mate. Not the first time you've come on here to have a go at YS if I recall correctly.

The reason for everything that's been done has been explained. Accept and respect the decision.

EDIT: when that select clique created and ran the group for 5 years, I think they have earn the right to call it quits, albeit under regrettable circumstances. And that 'select little group' considered the opinions of everyone who makes an extended effort for Yarraside before the unanimous decision.

I also think you're underestimating how hard it is for some us to see YS go and it's not a decision that anyone took lightly. You probably sang songs with us every 2nd week, cheers for that effort - but for Core and myself with my own crew Yarraside was a daily commitment.

Thanks bro.Disappointed with the substantial improvement in quality of your posts Marty.

You could at least end it with some reference to rockets and your arse line. ;-)

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...