Melbourne Football

Yarraside Announcment

Tesla

Wish I knew this before I signed up for active membership yesterday. Story of my life. Haha. Oh well be interesting to see a new terrace develop from the beginning.

Lol dont wory you can still get into GA with active. FWIW I have renewed active too. Despite my intention to sit elsewhere.

Pretty sad to see the Yarraside go.....I hear that the SSE (Swan Street Elite) is in talks with Melbourne City to be the official active support group of Melbourne City......This should be interesting. Not the best news as the season is about to start less than 2 months time and the FFA Cup earlier. I hope either the SSE or whoever the new group is to get organised and to get things done and sorted before were all back.

Sad shame that this had to happen but Im thankful for the Yarraside being there for the past 5 years.

Whoever is taking over needs to have their plans up and running within the next few weeks!

Genuinely sad to hear this news.

Congratulations on what you've all achieved. Was a member in the formative years and had an amazing run.

All the best to everyone in the future, you guys were the catalyst, and you continued to deliver. Well done again.

Pretty sad to see the Yarraside go.....I hear that the SSE (Swan Street Elite) is in talks with Melbourne City to be the official active support group of Melbourne City......This should be interesting. Not the best news as the season is about to start less than 2 months time and the FFA Cup earlier. I hope either the SSE or whoever the new group is to get organised and to get things done and sorted before were all back.

Sad shame that this had to happen but Im thankful for the Yarraside being there for the past 5 years.

Whoever is taking over needs to have their plans up and running within the next few weeks!

Can we please sticky a post saying that the SSE is a troll group made by a bunch of butthurt victory supporters?

Don't ever change

Lol the Swan Street Elite page buys it's fans (it has 2.2k likes, most of which are from Istanbul, Turkey) now it's either FB and his cousins are really getting behind the new group (unlikely) or Elie Anid's trying to get his group some credibility through Facebook likes.

Elie I know you're the admin of that page. I encourage your passion for active support, but a group called Swan Street Elite and ran by you is not the best way.

Lol the Swan Street Elite page buys it's fans (it has 2.2k likes, most of which are from Istanbul, Turkey) now it's either FB and his cousins are really getting behind the new group (unlikely) or Elie Anid's trying to get his group some credibility through Facebook likes.

Elie I know you're the admin of that page. I encourage your passion for active support, but a group called Swan Street Elite and ran by you is not the best way.

Marty are you that dead set on leaving ? Edited by malloy

This. Lol

Thank you to everyone affiliated with Yarraside who have provided so much for the club over the years.

The few times I've been in active support it's been a great experience, and I appreciate all the effort that went in to make the active support as good as it's been.

From the club's first season to last season, the great atmosphere and much more that Yarraside has provided will be very long remembered.

All the best for the future.

Thank you to the yarraside core and everyone that attended week in week out and sung their lungs out. Basically didn't miss a match the first 3 seasons and loved every minute in Yarraside. Sure didn't know a lot of you by name but we basically all know eachother by face anyway. Shared same great memories behind that goal. Season that just passed became a GA member with mates and was happy just to sit behind Yarrasie but did come down for quite a few games. Will never forget the first derby. Will go down as one of my favourite games I've ever attended from the build up and all the shit talking from the Victory supporters and to then go on and win with only a handful of matches under our belt was something special. Terra became a Yarraside legend that night. 

Another night thats high up my list in memories is that game against CCM where it got postponed by an hour or something. Won't forget that moment when we all celebrated when the ref kicked the ball from half way to test the surface. The conga lines from aisle to aisle and even Matty Thompsons goal from our own half haha!

Adding to the memories the other few derby wins and that special David Williams goal against Sydney. Will still wear the Yarraside scarf proudly in the GA section at matches and will be screaming out "Go Heart" because that's who I chose to support when this club was formed. 

Respect the cores decision and goodluck to whoever starts up something new!

Go Heart!

• Like 1

I think Yarraside really set a precedent in regards to how an active supporter group should be managed and run. It may not have been the biggest terrace around, but you can tell that the people behind it all cared, sacrificing their time, effort and hard-earned to make the match day experience for everyone a whole lot better.

Major respect for what you lot have achieved and your commitment to sticking by what you believe in. My main regret is not getting involved while the opportunity was there.

• Like 1

Onward and upward!

Loved the yarraside from day one!

Introduced to the core and now they are my mates. You can change the name but you can't take the memories away!

Too many people hating on the yarraside on social media. Go fuck yourselves. You weren't complaining when tagging yourselves on the Facebook pictures of the tifo's, we all put the hard yards, money and sleepless nights to create, and now you want to be keyboard hero's? Lol. You're deterring potential members just to feed your ego. Pull your heads in!

To the potential, new core group:

Get your shit in order, asap, whoever is willing to put in the hard yards! Don't think that you're going to have less fans in the terrace. Don't think that you can't ask for advice or help. We're supporting the same team and want the same success for this team.

A leader has a clear direction and with that direction, we will all follow.

• Like 1

Im actually not in charge of anyone nor am I the admin of that page and yes I did notice it just got boosted with likes from Turkey but no I have no association being in charge or being its creator of that page or being part of their crew.....I was part of standing with the Yarraside and I would of remained so come this season so I feel a little insulted by your claims.

I just would of assumed considering theyre next group to take over things from Yarraside but no I dont have any connections whatsoever.....so Marteaux I'm a little insulted but whoever is taking over like I said need to get things running. I'll be attending the meeting this monday at the imperial hotel to see what is going to happen with the active support.

PS: Marteaux, you can ask the SSE to see if im the admin there....they'll tell you no. They'll also tell you that I have no involvement with its creation. Please do so you have my uttermost permission.

Edited by elieanid

@Marteaux - Oh yeah, also if I wanted to create a crew I wouldnt do it where it was disunity at our club....I would of done it in consultation with Yarraside for the benefit of the club and keeping everyone united and to grow our supporting base. The SSE crew hates what the Yarraside does.....if I was part of SSE I'd be hating Yarraside of which I do not obviously I have been with it for most of its games at home all season, while the SSE havent been. I love the Yarraside as much as anyone here, I havent had not one problem from anyone from the crew at Yarraside....everyone is always friendly with me when Im in the stands.

Also the SSE is a shit name I would of came up something better if I was in charge something like The Citizens or Red & White Legion or MCS (Melbourne City Supporters) something like that.....

SO DONT TELL ME IM PART OF SOMETHING OF WHICH I AM NOT.

Thank you.

• Like 2

@Marteaux - Oh yeah, also if I wanted to create a crew I wouldnt do it where it was disunity at our club....I would of done it in consultation with Yarraside for the benefit of the club and keeping everyone united and to grow our supporting base. The SSE crew hates what the Yarraside does.....if I was part of SSE I'd be hating Yarraside of which I do not obviously I have been with it for most of its games at home all season, while the SSE havent been. I love the Yarraside as much as anyone here, I havent had not one problem from anyone from the crew at Yarraside....everyone is always friendly with me when Im in the stands.

Also the SSE is a shit name I would of came up something better if I was in charge something like The Citizens or Red & White Legion or MCS (Melbourne City Supporters) something like that.....

SO DONT TELL ME IM PART OF SOMETHING OF WHICH I AM NOT.

Thank you.

Punch on at the meeting, regain your honour

So many jimmies rustled on Fb regard this announcement! 

Sad to see it myself but I believe it is for the best. The friendships and the memories will live on  :up:  

Big thank you to everyone involved, core, outer core, ysiders alike, its been emotional  :wub:  :clap:

No punch on needed Im not here for Violence Im here to state that whoever is going to be the next group I will be involved.....and no Im not using violence, Im being civil here.....just a little pissed that I was accused of something of which I was not.

I do not want to see disunity and disenchantment from the next supportive group whoever is taking over I want everyone here to be 100% behind it....as will I, so no violence and no nothing is going to happen.

Anyways moving on from this.....Im sad to see Yarraside gone. As I previously mentioned.

Edited by elieanid
  • Like 1

No punch on needed Im not here for Violence Im here to state that whoever is going to be the next group I will be involved.....and no Im not using violence, Im being civil here.....just a little pissed that I was accused of something of which I was not.

I do not want to see disunity and disenchantment from the next supportive group whoever is taking over I want everyone here to be 100% behind it....as will I, so no violence and no nothing is going to happen.

Anyways moving on from this.....Im sad to see Yarraside gone. As I previously mentioned.

Go to bed pal.

• Like 2

Go to bed pal.

cant watching Espana soon for the World Cup so no can do!

Take your hands up music and get fucked

Take your hands up music and get fucked

Here we go.....what have I done wrong now?

Edited by elieanid

Respect the decision of the Yarraside core, it will be a shame to see this team lose another aspect of its identity. I'd like to thank the guys who put in so much time, money, and energy into making the yarraside, and giving the Heart a voice. Best wishes fellas. 

Edited by ae7smith

As an outsider it is sad to see a core group of fans disenfranchised by the takeover of your club.

From reading the posts of your fellow supporters it is clear that you were the heartbeat of Melbourne Heart.

I just wish that CFG could have taken you with them on this journey.

The end of an era I guess, but that shouldn't change all good times we've had together.

Yarraside's defining quality was its fierce independence, right until the end. No one can deny that.

What ever group decides to take up the challenge of running the home end would do well to acknowledge that, at the very least.

• Like 2

Sad news - as Yarraside was the core support of the club 

Well done - to each member that took part and helped out with banners etc - great job 

Disappointed - as the reason for sitting in Aisle 17 with all my older Prawn sandwich brigade members is the atmosphere you produce.

Annoyed - Why?, When all the Football pundits and majority of Heart fans were welcoming City back in january - I first said "its good Business, but it could be the beginning of the end" 

Question to Tesla and the Yarraside - If the board had listened to the supporters i.e. - Kept The Red & White 
would this announcement had still come out ? 

Regards TPH1