Melbourne Football

Fixture Season 2014/15

Deeming

Great. I'm expecting maximum exposure especially for the first 10 games. Hoping atleast 6 of them in Victoria.

I'm keen to find out whether we play the Visitors in round 1 or not. It was suggested in another thread that perhaps the game would be in round 3. Not sure where that came from but I'm sure everyone would prefer a round 3 game so that players aren't as rusty. 

They haven't specified Villa as a guest stint just yet just that he will play for Melbourne City, he may play more games but then he may play less than 10 if he comes as a loan.

True. Would be nice to find out the specificities of his contract at City because if he isn't being used as a guest player and is in fact being loaned to us, then I would assume that we intend to use the guest contract for another player (Lampard perhaps?). As much as that sounds like a great idea, I don't particularly like the idea of having two players (especially of Villa's and Lampard's ability) leaving mid season. Would disrupt the team too much. 

Wouldn't mind trying to get to see my first A-League games outside of Melbourne, especially in NZ. So, hopefully not an away Sunday game against Wellington (though I think we might have them twice over there this year?).

Most likely. We played them twice at home last season and it generally swaps every season. 

https://twitter.com/ALeague/status/476539425296371712/photo/1

The fixture for Melbourne City is to be released tomorrow

Bp0CFRNCUAANzty.jpg

I know its got some major problems - But TBVH the City Emblem easily looks the pick of the bunch in that graphic FWIW.

(Best of a bad bunch I guess...)

I am hoping the fixture has some games in NSW around Christmas time when I got to Sydney to see my folks.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

They haven't specified Villa as a guest stint just yet just that he will play for Melbourne City, he may play more games but then he may play less than 10 if he comes as a loan.

True. Would be nice to find out the specificities of his contract at City because if he isn't being used as a guest player and is in fact being loaned to us, then I would assume that we intend to use the guest contract for another player (Lampard perhaps?). As much as that sounds like a great idea, I don't particularly like the idea of having two players (especially of Villa's and Lampard's ability) leaving mid season. Would disrupt the team too much. 

Yeah, it would certainly change the team dynamic and probably just as they would be finding a groove. Though it's pretty obvious that from management's perspective, they would be looking at the obvious benefits of getting some game time into their big-name New York signings. If they did sign someone like Lampard as well for a guest/loan, I'd like them to consider only lining him up with Villa for a handful of the games and then play the other games separately. Though, in that scenario, there's the trade-off that we'd have both for longer than we would have otherwise, but then there's less time for the team to find its feet without them, after they go back to the US.

Yeah, it would certainly change the team dynamic and probably just as they would be finding a groove. Though it's pretty obvious that from management's perspective, they would be looking at the obvious benefits of getting some game time into their big-name New York signings. If they did sign someone like Lampard as well for a guest/loan, I'd like them to consider only lining him up with Villa for a handful of the games and then play the other games separately. Though, in that scenario, there's the trade-off that we'd have both for longer than we would have otherwise, but then there's less time for the team to find its feet without them, after they go back to the US.

Sounds good in theory but yeah would be pretty difficult to do that considering they'd need to be back in the US for preseason and the A League stops in January for the Asia Cup. But if we do end up having both players on loan, I have faith in JVS and his support staff to manage the team effectively and ensure we don't fall apart when they leave. After all, we'll still have our very own domestic and international marquees that will be there. 

Wouldn't mind trying to get to see my first A-League games outside of Melbourne, especially in NZ. So, hopefully not an away Sunday game against Wellington (though I think we might have them twice over there this year?).

Hoping for Wellington away over Australian Day weekend myself.

You're right. That would be tremendous.

I want to find out when the Wellington game is so I can book a week away, to  go to the match visit some friends in Auckland

Plus perhaps Sydney away again ( NOT WSW !!!)

Edited by japiedog

I thought that the season was to be suspended while the Asian Cup is on - 9th January-31st January?

Yeh would love to see the looks on their gimps faces after we hand them an arse whipping.

Their hardkore youth ultras look intimidaing with their speed dealer sunnies and everlast shoes though.

You should be used to that with being located in south central.  :up:

Yeh would love to see the looks on their gimps faces after we hand them an arse whipping.

Their hardkore youth ultras look intimidaing with their speed dealer sunnies and everlast shoes though.

I must confess that I am only south cental as I was listening to some gansta rap, and one of the homies sounded real mean when he said they were coming "straight outta south central L.A".

I must confess that I am only south cental as I was listening to some gansta rap, and one of the homies sounded real mean when he said they were coming "straight outta south central L.A".

Well when you have time, you should come visit the morgue.  :up:

Well when you have time, you should come visit the morgue.  :up:

Haha yeh I'll be there soon enough.

• Like 1

Greatly considering WSW away...

is your "..." implying that WSW isn't a good away trip? I wouldn't mind checking it out

OK I am not considering WSW good away, I am 50 and will be traveling with d'wife, so we would do some site seeing as well and stay near the stadium....

not really wanting to stay in Parramatta ... my reason for not jumping up and down to go to WSW for an away match .... comprehende?

It would be cool if we could introduce a "Tour of Duty" of sorts. Going to as many away games as possible should be encouraged but not everyone can afford it so could be a good idea to organise an away trip a lot of us can make once a year. 

Any organised bus trips happen to sydney or adelaide last year?