Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

I really don't understand why they couldn't just simply make the navy stripe red... Makes zero sense why they haven't done so.

Because then Man City wouldn't have been able to charge Melbourne City the 23 million pounds (or whatever it was) for intellectual property rights to their 3rd kit from last year.

That's the reason why this club has the kit it has now. So Man City has some justification for the clever accounting they are trying to use to negate the financial fairplay rules in Europe.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3

I really don't understand why they couldn't just simply make the navy stripe red... Makes zero sense why they haven't done so.

Because then Man City wouldn't have been able to charge Melbourne City the 23 million pounds (or whatever it was) for intellectual property rights to their 3rd kit from last year.

That's the sorry reason why this club has the kit it has now. So Man City has some justification for the clever accounting they are trying to use to negate the financial fairplay rules in Europe.

Guys like you seem to spout on about the fans and making the fans happy. Lets remember none of us handed over 12 mil to buy the club. You have to expect them to make some changes that suit them. To not acknowledge that they need to make some changes for their business model and purposes is dim witted and craven. I get that you are bitter and disappointed and you have a right to be. To be completely honest with you though you are just spewing vitriol for no good reason. Yes things have changed. No you might not like them. But do you really need to continue to spew negatives? If you don't like it move on and do something constructive with your newly found time. Otherwise get on board and keep your chin up. I love your passion but you need to consider are you now doing more harm than good?

Where did I spew negatives?

You think the design of the clubs home kit came out of nowhere? It was just chance that it's exactly the same as man city's 3rd kit? You think there's another reason why the home strip isn't in red or charcoal?

Fact of the matter is that it was done to fit in with Man citys brand and to justify the ip transfers.

This has all been reported. This is all out in the open. You mightnt like it. You might think its vitriolic, but thems are the facts. I'm just being realistic.

• Like 1

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered, but has there been anything said about retaining having the 3rd kit fan designed? Personally every year I get a kick out of seeing all the fan designed jerseys and would love to see a charcoal kit made by nike!

Don't know where to put this or if it's been mentioned somewhere else but this little snippet was in the Age about the local Melbourne City FC challenging our heart team name. 

'Following the high-profile sale, the A-League club and the suburban club both applied to  Intellectual Property Australia to register the name.The A-League team has applied to trademark hundreds of merchandise items, including clothing, scarves and mobile phone and computer accessories.'

Sounds like we might have a lot more stuff to choose from for those that love their merch. Should be better than the range we've had, as it should be really, but still...

Not going to comment on the colour debate here but as an outsider commenting on how they look, those are two fucking immense kits lads, love them both, its not often you can say that as well when you look at some of the shite kits out there

You just did. That's okay though, you don't need an invitation to post.

Not going to comment on the colour debate here but as an outsider commenting on how they look, those are two fucking immense kits lads, love them both, its not often you can say that as well when you look at some of the shite kits out there

You just did. That's okay though, you don't need an invitation to post.

aha what I meant was I just wanted to comment from an aesthetic perspective on the two kits without going into the political of colours etc

Back sponsor and front sponsor and the Hyundai badge... That will take some time getting used to

And don't forget the two on either sleve! It's as bad as South Amerecia!!

Don´t they got ads on their shorts as well in South-America?.. :blink:

Back sponsor and front sponsor and the Hyundai badge... That will take some time getting used to

And don't forget the two on either sleve! It's as bad as South Amerecia!!

Don´t they got ads on their shorts as well in South-America?.. :blink:

Same in Australia!! One on the front, on on the back.

Just one more point on the new jersey before I move on is that one thing seems to have slipped past everybody is that the club is now playing in the same colours as the Victory with a little bit of sky blue. The club says it represents all three clubs which is an explanation but with all the thought they supposedly pt into the new shirt, surely that issue would have come up.

I know a lot of people won't care because, hey Villa is coming, but to me that is a very odd colour combo to come up with.

Now that we have a boss apparel sponsor, what are the chances of being able to get our hands on solid training gear? Also what colours do you thinkg the boys will train in? (Sky blue, white)?

Will be very interesting to see what colours people wear in the terraces for the upcoming season.

Just having a look on the WSW (most hardkore and sikest kunts ever) club shop they have some nice Nike hoody's and polos. However supporter shorts and tshirts are pretty average.

The WSW supporter range aint made by Nike. 

Hopefully with Nike well be able to buy a tracksuit/hoodie/training range that aint limited to just the internal staff. 

BplerFhCMAARUdr.jpg

Thats the new training kit top. Hate to say it but i actually don't mind the white.

Simple, nice and clean. I think I know which template they are going with looks like the shirts my club had last season.

White is a logical choice, considering they train in the middle of the day through summer.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to find a reason for a third kit. Where our away kit clashes with someone else's red home kit, we simply use our home kit. No-one else plays in white at home do they?

Just in passing IMHO the A-League often allows teams to use kits that are sufficiently similar to cause momentary confusion for the players, especially in circumstances such as half the field in shadow and the other half in bright sunshine. Something I would like to see changed.